Talk about NBA 2K11 here.

Miami "Heat" vs. Phoenix "Suns" gameplay

Postby Chaimer_23 on Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:00 am

phpBB [video]

Just found it on youtube.
Chaimer_23

Re: Miami "Heat" vs. Phoenix "Suns" gameplay

Postby JaoSming on Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:13 am

thanks, out of curiosity....why did you quote the team names?
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Houndy on Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:14 am

Yeah thanks. 11 looks great
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby Chaimer_23 on Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:17 am

JaoSming wrote:thanks, out of curiosity....why did you quote the team names?

I dunno. Weird right :D ?
Chaimer_23

Postby JaoSming on Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:28 am

oooh shit, they got the headband right
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Chaimer_23 on Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:08 am

Yeah, Bron's hadband is perfect now.
Chaimer_23

Postby hova- on Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:36 am

Looking good. I like how LeBron attacked the basket twice and got hammered. Also the crowd sounded a bit more realistic when D-Wade dunked it and also when J-Rich had this open lane dunk.
Some of those dribbling animations look sick. Bosh had one shot that looked very nice, a leaner from the baseline. Apart from that there was an animation in the end when Hedo hit his three. Before catching the ball he took a step behind the three point line which looked very realistic, same for his fall after the shot.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby JaoSming on Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:44 am

when he stepped back it looked like he looked at the 3pt line to make sure he was behind it. could be something else but little animations like that from 2k would not surprise me
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby KobeZoom24 on Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:48 am

2k its take attention to little details... LeBron headband & look Nash touching his hair like the real one. :applaud:
KobeZoom24

Postby Andrew on Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:28 pm

Looks pretty good for the most part, I thought some of the passes and the putback by Dudley looked a little awkward (more so the passes) but nothing that turns me off the game.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby ThaLiveKing on Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:26 pm

I love the post up moves!!!
ThaLiveKing

Postby The X on Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:54 pm

That video looked better than previous ones. Probably more likely to be sim game mode rather than casual. Also got a sneak peek on how much the Suns will rely on Nash this season.

Andrew wrote:Looks pretty good for the most part, I thought some of the passes and the putback by Dudley looked a little awkward (more so the passes) but nothing that turns me off the game.

That putback was terrible. I'd be surprised to see Dudley ever get any putback IRL, let alone that (N)
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby mp3 on Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:40 am

All in all i think the presentation looks a lot better than last year like chris smooth said in his youtube vid of the magic/suns gameplay.

The post moves look smother than last but alot of the contact in the air seems the same as last year with maybe a little upgrade but not much , again one thing i do like about this video is another thing ive now being watching out for is how the offences run and how players run of screens and that does look alot better.

One thing i really like is the change of speed which you see Nash and Lebron do in this clip which is something that wasnt in 2k10 or maybe a just couldnt do it right who knows but it looks very realistic to me.

Something that does bug me is that the cpu (the heat) seems to be really pushing the ball and throwing a lot of long almost full court passes at time but iam hoping that can be fixed with some simple slider tweaking :D
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby shadowgrin on Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:27 pm

Nash has the star icon. His overall rating got bumped up, he's a superstar again.

Wade to LeBron: You're my bitch, remember that.
Nice touch.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby crazy on Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:12 pm

Gameplay looks great, only thing i dont like that much is the long commentary during the game when they talking abut "last year against boston....". When playing season for excample it just get so annoyng when you gotta listen to the same long text over n over, cant turn it off either cuz i like rest of the commentary. One more thing, i hope they add more emotion to the game, like growd/player reactions...realistic ones..id hate to see the same reactions regardless of the games score/period ( i had a feeling lebron seemed so bummed out that he didnt get an and1 in the second quarter at the start of the video..when it doesnt really matter that much at that stage :D )
crazy

Postby legimlugero on Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:50 am

Yeah, Suns will rely on heavily Nash again. Even with just the roster update on the 2K10 PC game. I was not able to win if i dont let Nash score as much as he distributes. :wink:
legimlugero

Postby Andrew on Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:35 pm

crazy wrote:Gameplay looks great, only thing i dont like that much is the long commentary during the game when they talking abut "last year against boston....". When playing season for excample it just get so annoyng when you gotta listen to the same long text over n over, cant turn it off either cuz i like rest of the commentary.

Agreed. I like that they'll go into that much detail but the commentary is obviously going to be limited to what's recorded for the game and once you've played it for a while, you'll have heard it all and the lengthier, player/team specific commentary definitely gets old fast. I guess that's just a limitation all sports games have to work with as best as possible but it would be good if some of those comments are phased out as you play through a season or there are a few variations and alternatives to keep the commentary fresh longer.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K11