We're compiling the main Wishlist here:
But as a Dynasty Mode enthusiast, I thought I'd compile some detailed feedback for the upcoming game. Feel free to add your own feedback and ideas!
- Simulated stats in NBA Live 14 are actually pretty good, the best they've been in a few NBA Live releases. A little more fine tuning would be good though, as assist numbers could stand to be a little higher, with players like Chris Paul averaging up around 10 assists per game. Scoring distribution is fairly realistic, though a couple of players (like LeBron James) could stand to score a little more. With the new rotation system, we should also see a few bench players putting up starter-like numbers off the bench, especially the league's top sixth men who play 30 or more minutes per game.
- Make sure that only qualified players show up in the League Leaders, ie. the ones that meet the statistical minimums. From memory, I think NBA Live 14 might already do this, but I thought I'd mention it just to be certain.
- Please keep the current rotation screen! It's exactly what we need; the ability to easily reorder the whole lineup, as well as assign playing time in number of minutes (rather than as a percentage of game time, as in the older games). It ain't broke, don't fix it!
- Please bring back the Edit Player menu, so that we can change player's positions, jersey numbers and accessories. Allowing the user to change the ratings within Dynasty Mode is obviously a cheat and something I'm not interested in doing myself, but perhaps that could be an option for people who really want it. At the very least though, we need to be able to change basics like jersey numbers; it's distracting when you're playing with the Bulls and trade for someone with #23!
- Add more stats and records screens. It'd be nice to be able to view and track advanced stats; PER, TS% and so on. Likewise, it'd be handy to be able to view career statistics, team and league records, and a history of everything that's happened during your Dynasty game; past award winners and champions, season and career highs, transaction listings and so on.
- It'd be cool to see All-Star voting reflected and tallied as the season leads up to the All-Star break. If the dunk contest and three point shootout make it back into the game, then their inclusion in Dynasty Mode (as in years past) is also a must!
- Expand the free agency process with 10 day contracts (after January 1st), contract extensions, Restricted/Unrestricted free agency, Bird Rights, etc.
- I don't mind the current staff management options, though I felt their implementation in NBA Live 06 PC/P2/Xbox was superior; rather than having to earn points to upgrade them, you had a budget and could hire staff of different levels of skill, depending on how you wanted to spend your staffing budget. However, something that needs to be added is the ability to hire and fire head coaches. With their different coaching profiles, it'll definitely make things more interesting and have an impact on a team's style of play and success.
- This one relies on in-game injuries making their return, but allow in-game injuries to put players out of action for multiple games when in Dynasty Mode. It's realistic, and certainly keeps things interesting and challenging.
- I'd like to see the return of the NBA Academy drills for developing players. At the very least, I'd like to be able to run five-on-five scrimmages with my team whenever I'd like, so that I can get used to my players...especially new ones that I've just traded for.
- The trade interface in NBA Live 14 is pretty good for the most part. I'm glad to see the indicator that shows whether or not the current proposal works under the cap was retained as it's very handy, and it was great to see some extra info added to that screen including contract length and player ages. Please keep all that stuff in there. However, when a proposal is sent to another team, I'd like to have the ability to Confirm or Cancel it (ie find out what they'll accept, and then either modify, complete, or back out of the deal). It would also be good to get some feedback from the CPU team when they reject a deal: "Not good enough value for us", "We feel we'd be too weak at small forward", "We want younger players"...that kind of thing. Finally...multi-team trades (at least three) would be most welcome.
- In terms of customising the experience, quite a lot of users are interested in the ability to play shorter seasons, eg 14 games (only teams in the same Conference), 29 games (all other teams once), 58 games (all other teams twice) or the full 82 games. It would also be handy to have the option to switch teams in between seasons if desired, as well as control multiple teams.
- While I was glad to see some rookie scouting facilities before the Draft in NBA Live 14, I'd like to see the return of scouting throughout the prior season, giving us more of an opportunity to scout out a variety of prospects and get a decent enough idea of what they might be like.
- Make sure that there aren't too many blockbuster trades. Ideally, a slider or setting could be implemented that allows each user to control the frequency of trades, especially ones involving star players. Other options such as the ability to override the CPU or disable trades completely might also be useful to some gamers.
- From a presentation standpoint, Dynasty Cutscenes are something that I enjoyed and I know a lot of other Dynasty enthusiasts would be keen to see them come back:
Other cool presentation elements would include mock news articles (like the ones already in the game, definitely keep them!), magazine covers, and so forth.
- Bring back simulation intervention, so that we can jump into games to play out the final minutes of a simmed game that's close. The ability to simulate to the end of games would be handy as well.
- Add the D-League and allow players to be assigned to it for further development. Perhaps players from the game's Free Agent Pool could be used to round out the D-League rosters in Dynasty Mode, if necessary.
- Allow the creation of custom Draft Classes. If we can share them with other users, even better.
- Allow us to view boxscores from every game during the regular season and Playoffs. If we could somehow export/upload them, that'd be great for our Story threads section!
- Disallow retired numbers from being assigned in Dynasty Mode (so that the CPU teams don't allow it to happen), but perhaps leave an option in there for the user to override that feature if they really want. It would also be fun to be able to retire player jerseys, as in previous games.
That's about all I have at the moment. Aside from all that, please keep the current features and functionality of Dynasty Mode. As it is, it's pretty solid and a good foundation to build upon.