Dribbling Discussion

Talk about NBA Live 14 here. Archived discussion on NBA Live 13 and NBA Elite 11 can also be found in this section.

Dribbling Discussion

Postby ThaLiveKing on Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:50 am

Are you guys a fan of flicking the dribble stick rather than controlling the dribbling overall aka the old way?
ThaLiveKing

Re: Dribbling Discussion

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:57 am

I'm fine with it. To me, it's still similar enough to the control scheme that I'm familiar with and liked in previous iterations of NBA Live.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Patr1ck on Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:19 pm

What do you mean "controlling the dribbling overall"?
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ThaLiveKing on Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:58 pm

Pdub wrote:What do you mean "controlling the dribbling overall"?

meaning controlling every crossover, when you flick the stick it pulls off it own set of moves and hesitations. I was asking if people rather have that method or the old one, similar to what 2K has done with their dribble stick
ThaLiveKing

Postby Patr1ck on Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:39 am

I haven't been confident with the 2K dribble stick since 2K9 came out on PC and I was able to lower the sensitivity of my analog sticks to gain some sense of control. I've had my moments with it, but at times I thought the moves were trying to do too much and felt out of control or going in the wrong direction when compared to my motions on the dribble stick.

Bouncetek is ok. I still don't understand what kind of rhythmic dribblng it is supposed to be. It works, but it isn't anything amazing.

I still prefer freestyle to anything. It just worked and made sense for most aspects of dribbling. There were no taps or holds except when in a triple threat, so imagine how far they could have went with animations with those extra controls.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:28 am

ThaLiveKing wrote:meaning controlling every crossover, when you flick the stick it pulls off it own set of moves and hesitations.

Only with the Signature/Advanced dribbling controls. Basic moves are still very reminiscent of Freestyle control, so I like that familiarity.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 14