Haven't looked at any lists just gonna go off the top of the head:
- CPU running plays is broken, I don't think the CPU is running team specific plays
- Controls are too stiff, BounceTek not fluid enough
- Dunk Sounds are horrendous, gotta change the sound of the slam, no dunk sounds like that
- Commentary sounds too choppy
- Add weight to players, Point Guards can knock down Big men in the lane
- Crowd is not precise enough, especially during peak times and 10-0 runs in the game. Crowd doesn't go crazy
- Playoff Atmosphere is broken, I have to change favorite teams in order to get NBA Finals atmosphere, or Eastern Conference Atmosphere
- Also the Playoff atmosphere disappears once you go into head to head mode
- One handed steals are unrealistic
- CPU can pump fake and get away with multiple fakes, while the user gets the ball stolen if it's attempted
- Animation Fluidity (Try to focus on TRUE realism for Live 15)
- Some dunks gotta go, especially that one handed piece of sh*t that shakes the whole basket
- Check this video out ----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVGD3AQSGXU
- Remove some of the cheesy blocking animations
- Tweak player acceleration, NBA Players can switch speeds a lot faster
-Change the back down button to Y. And Remove the Hop Step
- Modifier should be the left trigger instead of left bumper, easier access to pull of tier dribble moves
- There's an animation when you come out of the post, lags, you have to wait for the animation to finish before you can pass
I wrote a blog on game play enhancements for NBA Live 14, so I'll post them here since it's relevant
- Controls are way too laggy for my liking, they need to figure out how to make the controls more precise with the game play, especially bounceTek.
- Speed up Player acceleration. The game is too slow; the ability to play the game fast should be optional or at a reasonable speed, pressing turbo should give speedy player a more aggressive push to get down the floor.
- Defense recovery is poor, especially in the paint. Try to reduce the amount of sliding. The defensive stance button is broken, doesn’t seem to work so it’s hard to stay in front of the ball handler on defense.
- Quicker inbound animations (was in Live 09). After every bucket, players walk the ball out of bounds giving the other team a chance to set up their defense. Adding 1 or 2 animations for quicker inbounding would be useful
- Better elevation on jump shots. It’s so easy to get blocked on the perimeter. It’s like player on defense don’t have to jump high enough to block shots. Should be tweaked somehow.
- The ability to spin off a box out in the paint. Once a shot is taken, and you get boxed out, you can’t fight for the rebound, should be able to avoid the box out somehow, even if you get called for a foul. Just need that option
- Players feel too light, add mass to players, so point guards can’t knock over centers like they’re Shaq
- It’s way too easy for the CPU to score in the paint. Sometimes you have to control your 4 or your 5 to reduce points in the paint, but in most cases the CPU will score about 50+ points in the paint.
- The ability to pass out the post doesn’t work properly, maybe due to the problems with the controls, but you have to press pass like 5 times to get a pass out.
- Add game play sliders, and enable us to edit player ratings. It may interfere with the Synergy data, but who cares.
- Player movement should be as fluid as FIFA 14 next-gen in terms of player movement and quickness. Also with better controls.
- Commentary timing is way off. Some of those Wav files need to get chopped up properly so that they flow with each other properly
- The ability to switch the modifier to the left trigger, rather than the left bumper
- There’s a bounce pass to the post that’s glitched, it’s an automatic turnover
- A small suggestion, maybe have shoe technology in the game, similar to having cleats or skates in NHL
I may have more down the line, but this is what I can come up with during my time with the game yesterday!!
More to come
Recovery after a block is slow
All Arenas sound the same (Xbox One) (same organs especially, very annoying)
Delay on the time out in the inbounds (easy clean up)
CPU Points in the paint remains a problem. Unstoppable.
A lot of the "In between" animations interrupt the flow of the game at times, needs to be cleaned up more than anything
Dribble controls need to be perfected
Defense rotations are slow in the paint
Put a button for diving animations, able to call time out on the floor (just an idea)
Lighting on the players should be like this: http://youtu.be/upXXhDQ76bk?t=1m17s
(Not hard light, but Soft light)
Too much sliding in the paint, can't get proper positioning leading to a lot of free baskets down low
Passing needs to be ramped up, too many lazy passes. They need more zip *Also find a way to make passing much faster, and add touch passing mechanics. Passing needs a lot of work