NBA Live Producer Addresses Disappointed Fans

Talk about NBA Live 14 here. Archived discussion on NBA Live 13 and NBA Elite 11 can also be found in this section.

NBA Live Producer Addresses Disappointed Fans

Postby JBulls on Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:36 am

JBulls

Re: NBA Live Producer Addresses Disappointed Fans

Postby JaoSming on Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:48 am

Link to the EA Sports site with the letter - http://www.easports.com/nba-live/news-u ... pen-letter

Key notes
I’m not going to lie; it’s been a rough week. As you can imagine, this isn’t exactly the NBA LIVE comeback story we were hoping for this year.

We hear loud and clear that some of you are disappointed in various aspects of NBA LIVE 14, and I’m sorry if the game doesn’t live up to your expectations. Looking at your feedback, we have laid out a plan to make NBA LIVE 14 a better game as quickly as we can.

We felt authentic gameplay, control and the connected experience would provide the best foundation for the future. As a result, game visuals and animation polish suffered. Improvements on these fronts are also in development now for NBA LIVE 14. You will notice in the coming weeks and months that the game’s visuals and animation will improve significantly.

We’ve also gotten a lot of great feedback on LIVE Ultimate Team, and we’ve still got some big announcements and major additions coming down the road, so stick around for that.

Hopefully none of it is paid DLC, but they are definitely saying the right things.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:20 am

It sounds more like official patches, new animations (since Scott confirmed they can do that in our interview) and that kind of thing, which I can only assume would be provided for free; paid DLC would be a very tough sell. I like their honesty about the situation and am interested to see what they can achieve. Seems they're certainly open to honest and constructive feedback as they work on these issues.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby jmoney777 on Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:18 am

They are already fixing various things in the game it seems with a patch here and there. The main problem for me has been the choppy commentary and the lack of collision detection. Its a bit too easy to score in the paint without any sort of contact.The game is only what 11GB to install, so they can throw a huge update out there.
jmoney777

Postby Patr1ck on Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:51 pm

Difficult to learn? I don't believe that. I picked up the controls in about 3-4 games time. It's the response of those controls which make the game difficult.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:30 pm

Hopefully, they can address that as well.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Deyman on Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:46 pm

I'd be interested to see what they can do. I got a hands on today for a full game on the Xbox One @ my local Microsoft store and the controls were no biggie.
Pdub wrote:It's the response of those controls which make the game difficult.

agreed! Made me a bit frustrated to say the least.
Deyman

Postby fjccommish on Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:38 am

If the game looked like it does, but played well, people would be happy. The issue isn't they focused on game play and features while neglecting polish. The issue is game play, as well as graphics and sound, aren't polished.

They shouldn't go the emperor's new clothes route with 2K-like commentary. Hearing about Rose's year off last year, three years later in an association during which Rose has played two complete seasons after missing the year, isn't "excellent" commentary. EA can improve it, so commentary doesn't sound choppy. But stick to talking about in game stuff over canned stuff about real-life games.
fjccommish

Postby Davon6 on Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:59 pm

I find this funny considering the interview I just listened to with Scott O'Gallagher where he and the interviewer basically blamed us gamers for not being fundementally sound players and only mindless graphics whores as they put it. Yeah, they got me, I'm sold! Sign me up.
Davon6

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:44 pm

Scott so OG.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby [Q] on Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:43 pm

JaoSming wrote:Key notes
We hear loud and clear that some of you are disappointed in various aspects of NBA LIVE 14, and I’m sorry if the game doesn’t live up to your expectations. Looking at your feedback, we have laid out a plan to make NBA LIVE 14 a better game as quickly as we can.

We felt authentic gameplay, control and the connected experience would provide the best foundation for the future. As a result, game visuals and animation polish suffered. Improvements on these fronts are also in development now for NBA LIVE 14. You will notice in the coming weeks and months that the game’s visuals and animation will improve significantly.

We’ve also gotten a lot of great feedback on LIVE Ultimate Team, and we’ve still got some big announcements and major additions coming down the road, so stick around for that.

I guess the beauty of EA not releasing a title in a few years is that they are more willing to continue to work hard to try to give a us a better game. As opposed to just releasing a bad game and doing nothing for us.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Return to NBA Live 14