CPU vs CPU Full Game - Clips vs Suns

Talk about NBA Live 14 here. Archived discussion on NBA Live 13 and NBA Elite 11 can also be found in this section.

CPU vs CPU Full Game - Clips vs Suns

Postby JaoSming on Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:20 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-LhqPW07jg
phpBB [video]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBIBE87x95U
phpBB [video]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nAXdhCKhAM
phpBB [video]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mqu-o0JsQ4c
phpBB [video]
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Re: CPU vs CPU Full Game - Clips vs Suns

Postby vadimibr1 on Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:38 am

wth? Griffin with black hair?!?!
vadimibr1

Postby beegees on Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:29 am

What kind of (there must be badwords word)! Players like plasticine, from the audience all the same, all the evil which the player models! A burst: one wretchedness.
Can I cancel a pre-order?
This Is Where I Came In

beegees

Postby Mr LostSoul on Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:33 am

Still looks like the game's on pro.
None of the cpu ever attacks
Seems to be no improvement or added moves to the post from Live 10.
PG's do all the shooting / when they don't the PF/C posts up and do weird jumpshots.
There is body contact on shot attempts
It's not enough body contact and players still slip through, dunks with defenders in front of them.
Commentary and crowd and PA guy(cause there isn't one) are much worse than Live 10's.
My halftime report.

Full game.
This is absolutely on pro, if not rookie, and if it isn't then this game just sucks.
Cpu showed no urgency throughout until 4th quarter, the clippers went in panic mode.
If you post up you better hope you get a dunk and you probably will.
If the automatic "take a charge" thing happens, you wont get the call, it'll just screw you over.
Cpu looked no smarter than my ps2 games here, I can only assume this guy only plays his games on "pro".

And I this is kind of like taboo now, mentioning this game's graphics, but they really are lackluster in areas, for any gen. Caucasian players you can't tell have chins and dark toned Africans have solar reflections on their faces. I'm disappointed the most in the atmosphere's and sounds, but I still have hope for this game on higher difficulty, and upped speed setting.
Mr LostSoul

Postby bowdown on Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:59 am

Looks weird as fuck. Not even close to looking next-gen. Faces look ok but other than that body types and animations arent realistic at all. Im sorry to say this but that's the truth.
bowdown

Postby atlwarrior on Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:21 am

I see nothing really too much wrong with the AI but the animations bother me a lot. The way the coaches moves, the way they run, the rebounding.
atlwarrior

Postby julsnice on Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:46 am

Mr LostSoul wrote:Still looks like the game's on pro.
None of the cpu ever attacks...

This is absolutely on pro, if not rookie, and if it isn't then this game just sucks.
Cpu showed no urgency throughout until 4th quarter, the clippers went in panic mode....

I'm disappointed the most in the atmosphere's and sounds, but I still have hope for this game on higher difficulty, and upped speed setting.

Dude I watched a full game being streamed earlier
Warriors vs. The Magic is gm 7 of the Finals
CPU vs. CPU
Superstar difficulty (highest), 12 min qtrs

Alls I gotta say is...
:turrible: :facepalm:

Trust me, the gameplay was NO better. A TON of standing around for all players, hardly NO off-ball screens, no urgency (Magic went on a 14-2 run and Warriors didn't even call a timeout)

In terms of atmosphere:
They showed a short clip of the home team starting lineup being announced (typical NBA Live flare) and oddly that was the ONLY time I heard a PA announcer
The crowd looked even worse than in regular games
The Warriors won and the crowd was booing at the end, then confetti started falling as they celebrated
David Stern came out to congratulate and give out the trophies and the crowd was cheering like it was the home team
Then the post game report was exactly the same as the halftime show only with different clips/stats

I hate to say this, but nevermind playing the game, I don't even wanna watch anymore footage of this trainwreck of a game

Ultimate Team looked so retarded I was literally laughing out loud. They were playing in the Wizards' arena, one team had Detroit Pistons jersey on but announcers kept calling the Cavs, the other team had Knicks jerseys on but announcers kept calling them some other team, ALL the players sucked...man it was just confusing as hell.
julsnice

Postby MacDaddy8ones on Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:22 pm

MY GOD !!
I actually feel embarrassed for EA. How could you possibly pass this off as a full price game...criminal.
MacDaddy8ones

Postby chicagoRAW on Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:49 pm

The graphics are on par with all the EA Sports games on Next gen. Fifa in general has better faces but it's nothing special graphics wise on next gen, same with Madden.
chicagoRAW

Postby [Q] on Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:22 pm

AFter watching the 1st half, some things i noticed:
-Clippers Xmas Day unis smh
-Moving shorts!
-Players FINALLY walk to the scorers table, something that 2k had 14 years ago
-This obviously looked better than the livestreams where the people didn't know how to play and played the game like it was 2k.
-Unfortunately, no Al Murdoch, the arena announcer, so that does take away from the atmosphere a bit
-that full reverse pivot into the defender is awkward as well
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:09 pm

vadimibr1 wrote:wth? Griffin with black hair?!?!

No longer ginger. EA gave him a soul.

bowdown wrote:body types and animations arent realistic at all

Reminds me of the Ignite trailer during E3 with the 'gameplay assets' and how some people were positive that the final product wouldn't look that terrible.
Hindsight is indeed a bitch.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby fjccommish on Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:47 pm

As someone else mentioned, either the PG shoots off a screen or a big man shoots or dunks or lays up off a pass.
fjccommish

Postby Jackal on Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:21 pm

Yikes.

WCF and Breen starts off with "to Griffin"..."to Paul"..."he shoots". Yeahhh, not feeling it.

Player models looks squiggly & stretched out too for some reason. Doesn't look too good, was expecting more for some reason.
Jackal

Return to NBA Live 14