Stream going on right now

Talk about NBA Live 14 here. Archived discussion on NBA Live 13 and NBA Elite 11 can also be found in this section.

Stream going on right now

Postby JaoSming on Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:16 pm

Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Re: Stream going on right now

Postby Patr1ck on Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:35 pm

Unfortunately he didn't archive it.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr LostSoul on Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:52 pm

There's a lot of work that needs to be done with this game. If I could describe how the players moved around the court it would be: running on water on the moon. They didn't look grounded to the court, you can't see their shadows.
The camera is zoomed way too far out and the player models look way too small from the view.
when the ball hits the rim it breaks all momentum, there's never a long rebound, just a slow rainbow within a 10 inch parameter rebound.

The game moves overly slow. slow motion.
Rebound animations sometimes look okay, more times look too instant and stiff.
Defenders slide in air when in front of dunk attempts, no physics/mid air contact.
Commentary is as you're used to with previous lives, but for some reason it felt drier, many, many silent spots and none of the commentary is enthusiastic.

Crowd seems about the same as in live 10. When you're down they're dead silent, combine that with the commentary silence it makes things very stale. The crowd even seems to have dry moments when their team is up.
Posting looked exactly like live10, didn't see many options - fade away, hookshot.
defense looked choppy.
Offensive players dribbled wrong handed in front of defenders when going left and the ball never came loose.

Game seems to skip frames at times, still has the live13 effect on you.
The rim sounds nothing like a nba rim and it's a very annoying loud sound when the ball barely touches it and does it repeatedly. Live13 rim sounds I believe.
All in all there's a ton of dry spots in the game. Dribbling didn't look like that much a factor and it doesn't look all that fun because the defense doesn't look as good. Cpu defenders allow you to walk to the freethrow line multiple times ---(Played on Pro & Allstar)

A good amount of animations looked good, better than expected for some, but Rich kind of understated "rough spots". The player's extremely small size added with the other things made it hard to get into it, even though I was just watching.
Half time reports looked cool, many pauses and few statements, but ya know.
You can't get much of the next gen effect because of the camera! All that detail, what is there of it, isn't seen until the replays.
No momentum shots from what I can tell. If you're running and shoot the player will pause on a dime regardless of direction. It's a bit cleaned up from the past but still.
Last edited by Mr LostSoul on Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mr LostSoul

Postby chicagoRAW on Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:13 pm

Holbert said the game is pretty bad.
chicagoRAW

Postby Mr LostSoul on Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:34 pm

Sad to say, but this game will not get a positive welcome by the community the way it is. It hurt me at times to see it and I think live10 even has a better presentation based off that stream.
EA knew it, same with madden. The blades of the grass and bouncetek were the selling points and it seems like they're the only things with a leap of improvement.. Not sure how long ea will last at this rate. I want live to get on it's horse, but it's tough when some ps2 2k games have better animations and transitions and physicalaity, size, sounds, commentary, ect.

I'm mad that I saw it today, because it feels like what we know live to be will never top that in the future. The ball did not look "live."
Mr LostSoul

Postby Mr LostSoul on Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:05 pm

I just seen some more of it, it looks better in different arenas. It's not bad, but it's not Great, i'd say it's better than live 09 based off what i'm seeing. I judge things maybe a bit harder than I praise them, but if you want more live check here. It's going on now, don't wait too long.
http://www.twitch.tv/sportsgaminguniverse
Mr LostSoul

Postby ChrisCP3Paul on Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:07 pm

holy crap what will it take for EA to make a proper basketball game ?

I really REALLY thought these last few years was a breath of fresh air for them and that they would re-up and come back strong....

how can they make such a good hockey, football and american football game and fail so miserably at basketball, really boggles my mind :(
ChrisCP3Paul

Postby Andrew on Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:18 pm

I was actually expecting worse, the way people have been talking. It looks inferior to NBA 2K14, as we all should've known and expected, but it still seems like there's a foundation there. There's just still plenty of work to be done. Other people who have offered hands-on impressions have said positive and encouraging things, so I still want to find out how it plays in my hands before I draw any final conclusions. It certainly won't surpass 2K14 - though anyone who thought it would was setting the bar high - but it stills seems like there is some good stuff there, something to build on. I was hoping for better animations than what we're seeing, but again, I'll see how it plays.

Presentation is very nice though. They've utilised the ESPN license very well, at long last.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:47 pm

during gameplay it really does look like a PS360 game. I cannot WAIT to get my hands on it though.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby ThaLiveKing on Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:09 pm

JaoSming wrote:during gameplay it really does look like a PS360 game. I cannot WAIT to get my hands on it though.

This guys wasn't even running plays, during the stream, game looks a bit rough, but I mean, we need someone who knows how to play to showcase it
ThaLiveKing

Postby Patr1ck on Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:31 am

Both players of each stream were being put to sleep by the game. The one way I could sum up the game was that it seemed boring. Not horrible, not unplayable, just not immersive and lacking emotion. It looked like the developers started from NBA Elite 11, took chunks out of it, added some things from NBA Live 10 back into the mix, and then built the Live 14 content on top of it.

The commentary and crowd along with player emotion really makes the game stale from an atmospheric point of view, which is usually EA's strong point. They really need to work on some seemless commentary.

It looks like they have the pieces of functionality in the game, but that's about it. The only things that looked polished were the halftime show, which only looked bad when they showed the gameplay, and the one on one dribbling.

I guess to sum it up best, even the in-game crowd isn't that excited about the game.

Apparently Best Buy has a release date of Live 14 for today and not Tuesday, so if you planned on picking it up, you can do so today.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:28 pm

If you want to find Streams - http://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/NBA%20Live%2014

The more and more I watch....the more and more I'm starting to like what I see...its growing on me and I haven't even played it.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Return to NBA Live 14