Polygon Article On Synergy

Talk about NBA Live 14 here. Archived discussion on NBA Live 13 and NBA Elite 11 can also be found in this section.

Polygon Article On Synergy

Postby JaoSming on Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:50 am

http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/6/505510 ... he-players
NBA Live 14's use of this data has only been made possible because of the capabilities of the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One
eeehhhhhhh
"So the second you turn the game on, there's new stuff to do every day. This would not have been possible with the current-gen, not with the frequency we do it at."
Aside from updating players' stats on a daily basis, everything from footwear to player appearance will also evolve to reflect what's happening in the NBA. So if a certain player changes footwear or switches allegiance to a different sports brand, the game will reflect this. If a player hurts his ankle and needs to play differently in real life, his stats will be changed accordingly.
"It's the idea that I can read an article on ESPN.com, I could be watching a game on TV, and once I go to my different medium — my video game — it that's out of date, if that's not completely relevant with that's going on in the real world, there's a disconnect," he said. "So we owe it to our consumer to ensure that we're in step with the NBA season throughout the entire season, whether it's something as simple as the shoe a player wears.

"Every player is somebody's favorite player, so every guy has to be right."
FAVERANIIIIIIIII
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Re: Polygon Article On Synergy

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:43 pm

Not much that we didn't already know about Synergy, but in any case I'm glad that the partnership was renewed. They only scratched the surface of what they can do with the data in current gen.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 14