What NBA Live Next Gen Needs To Borrow From Madden 25

Talk about NBA Live 14 here. Archived discussion on NBA Live 13 and NBA Elite 11 can also be found in this section.

What NBA Live Next Gen Needs To Borrow From Madden 25

Postby ThaLiveKing on Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:21 am

Let Me Know What You guys think: Things they can borrow from Madden, NHL, and FIFA

Two features that they introduced in Madden 25 Next Gen, can work in NBA Live Next Gen

War in The Trenches: QB Blocking

- You notice the physicality of the line in football in general, NBA Live can adapt this to their half court offence problems and make it more of a physical game. NBA Live focuses too much on a finesse game, that’s why their half game, slow down offence doesn’t work properly. If they can find a way to keep the canned animations out but still find ways for the player interaction in the paint to be physical, add some weight to the players, hard falls. It can work. Maybe call it “War In The Paint” have a similar idea. Blocking and attempting blocks on a player is physical down in the paint,

Step Locomotion: True Step

- This feature alone will probably help reduce the point guard domination that has plagued the Live series over the years. How? It can help keep the defender in front of the ball handler a lot better than past game where they made you press and hold a button to cheat on defence. If you notice in the Live 14 game play trailer, players reacting to the bounceTek dribble moves, the feet movement on defence is non-existent. True step, if done right in a basketball game, can change everything involving player movement.

I still believe NBA Live needs better contact animations in the paint, to also go with the lack of help defence seen in the trailer. Which leads to my next idea

Rag Doll Collision Feature from NHL: (Video) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNWRrtPHyRc

Having this tech will help player fall down more after contact. The harder the hit, the more extreme it would look, but keeping it realistic and not too arcady. Imagine players colliding mid court and the ball goes loose for the taking, or having KG set a hard screen down on the baseline to free up Paul Pierce or Joe Johnson. It just adds more realism and authenticity to the game play.

Source: http://thaliveking.com/2013/10/19/what- ... en-nhl-14/
ThaLiveKing

Re: What NBA Live Next Gen Needs To Borrow From Madden 25

Postby Hiteshom on Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:06 am

How about Fifa's developers? Can Live borrow them?
Hiteshom

Postby [Q] on Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:37 am

I really dig the collision animations and dribbling/shooting from FIfa, they could definitely use some of that in Live
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:46 am

Aren't they all utilising the IGNITE engine anyway?
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby ThaLiveKing on Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:30 pm

Andrew wrote:Aren't they all utilising the IGNITE engine anyway?

Well they did mention "True Player Motion" as part of the IGNITE engine but we haven't seen any of that in the NBA Live trailer lol
ThaLiveKing

Postby Andrew on Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:10 pm

I guess that ultimately comes down to the animations they've captured. The underlying tech/physics could still be in play, even if it doesn't look the best. That's why I want to see some raw gameplay and situational demonstrations in addition to trailers.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby ThaLiveKing on Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:43 pm

Andrew wrote:I guess that ultimately comes down to the animations they've captured. The underlying tech/physics could still be in play, even if it doesn't look the best. That's why I want to see some raw gameplay and situational demonstrations in addition to trailers.

Agreed
ThaLiveKing

Return to NBA Live 14