NBA LIVE 14 | Official Gameplay Trailer | Xbox One & PS4

Talk about NBA Live 14 here. Archived discussion on NBA Live 13 and NBA Elite 11 can also be found in this section.

Re: NBA LIVE 14 | Official Gameplay Trailer | Xbox One & PS4

Postby wisealma on Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:11 pm

By "Live did something" I mean that it would seem that they produced something. Just referring to the last few years they didn't actually put a game out.

Again, I'm not crapping on Live. I WANT them to do well. I WANT competition out there, and for there to be as many good Basketball games for us to choose from. I'm not a hater, but I'm calling it like I see it. :crazyeyes: Fingers crossed.
Thanks
Wisealma

wisealma

Postby bowdown on Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:17 pm

I dont know why people are so mad about it. Gameplay is something you truly find out by having the game for a couple hours. Graphics look good enough to me.
bowdown

Postby Mr LostSoul on Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:35 pm

One thing I really hate about this though is that the rims still got that snickers crunch sound. Is it so hard to make it sound like a hand yanking steel?
This is the loudest you'll ever hear a dunk and it's not crunching.
phpBB [video]
Mr LostSoul

Postby fjccommish on Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:00 pm

Does NBA Live still have the rubber band?

By that I mean that before certain plays, usually dunks, there would be a kind of rubber band / spring sound. As soon as I heard it, I knew a dunk was coming.
fjccommish

Postby JaoSming on Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:15 pm

We don't even know if there is a Dynasty mode or really anything concrete about the game, why would we know that.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:16 pm

That said, we do know that there's a single player career mode in the form of Rising Star. Beyond that however, information on modes and whatnot is yet to be revealed.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby julsnice on Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:07 am

I must admit I'm looking forward to experiencing a different style of NBA bball.
One thing Live does manage to bring to the table is a system of total control, i.e. even though the dribbling animations may look a bit jerky and unnatural you can usually make the players perform whatever you're thinking and pull it off fairly easily.

At least that's my positive spin on this.
I do remember NBA Live feeling pretty good to play within it's own right, so hopefully that feeling returns.
julsnice

Postby [Q] on Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:44 am

bowdown wrote:I dont know why people are so mad about it. Gameplay is something you truly find out by having the game for a couple hours. Graphics look good enough to me.

i love how people are writing it off after a minute of promotional material, not 100% actual gameplay
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:46 am

First impressions go a long way I suppose and when you talk about the next generation of consoles, the expectation is that there'll be a big step up in graphics and such. If the feel of the game, the AI and so forth are good, NBA Live 14 can still be a successful comeback title. There'll just be more work to be done.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby bowdown on Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:28 pm

Ill be happy with any basketball game that has its basics working well. 2K is starting to feel very scripted and repetitive with the same old bugs every year too.

BTW Im not even buying the next gen consoles in the near future so wtf am I getting all antsy for.
bowdown

Postby Mr LostSoul on Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:59 pm

I'm looking forward to it, just can't help but get the feeling that this years live will be a bit bland and Live 15 will be more where "it's" at. None of the trailers really got me going yet. The thing I was really hoping and looking forward to in Next gen was body contact and physicality. Haven't seen it in either game yet. Hope it was a focal point in one of these games at least, if not I could just skip this whole generation all together. I'll be hyped when the new info comes in for sure, but I can see in the future and all these graphics will play out soon.

The games will play out soon, we'll go through a new saga of not addressing old issues, the next game will ditch old likable features, we'll still be seeing Jared Dudly and Danny Granger dunking like Dominique Wilkins and Vince Carter, catching one handed lobs, windmilling,cradling in traffic without collisions.. Then we'll get that vomit boredom in our stomachs hoping for next year. f**kles and man, please make contact an emphasis. (Manicepisodesozcan'thelpit)
Mr LostSoul

Postby deluxxe on Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:48 am

Is it just me, or does the ball look too small? It looks tiny in Steve Nash and Melo's hands.
It just doesn't look right to me.

Also, is that supposed to be a young steve nash? cuz he looks about 20 years old in that trailer.
deluxxe

Postby 22cedric on Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:43 am

The NBA Live 14 Official Gameplay Trailer had more dislikes than likes on youtube than the NBA 2K14 Next-Gen: OMG Trailer
22cedric

Postby Vlad2010 on Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:54 pm

Does anyone know what song is playing in the trailer? I liked it more than what I saw in trailer :lol:
Vlad2010

Postby atlwarrior on Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:01 pm

Mr LostSoul wrote:One thing I really hate about this though is that the rims still got that snickers crunch sound. Is it so hard to make it sound like a hand yanking steel?

I agree. What's funny is NBA live 2005 dunks sound more realistic.

edit: Hope EA doesn't take the dislikes to heart and cancel the game. The dribbling does look pretty good. It's a start I guess. My expectations weren't that high anyway. At least all of the awkward animations look fixable with sliders.
atlwarrior

Postby Mr LostSoul on Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:02 pm

Didn't the nba live 10 trailer get a lot of dislikes? Can't find the original trailer with the most views anymore, but I remember it getting more dislikes than necessary. Bottom line is mostly everything Ea puts out with live gets overly disliked. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ktndz2XNRA

Live does need to step it up though. Nba live 09 at times looks realer. In my opinion it was one of the better looking basketball games of CG. Moves better at times too. Can't have that.

Looking back, Live 09 had some crazy graphics, imagine what that would look like on next gen. The heck happened to Ea's visuals?

Whoever did these graphics Ea needs to hire them back.
Mr LostSoul

Postby Yo1 on Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:31 pm

Every NBA Live fan would tell you that THE BEST NBA Live game was NBA Live 2003!!! That was brilliance of arcade style! Fast paced, attractive and addictive! EA should stick to that arcade style... When they decide to compete with 2K in simulation type of gameplay, they fall behind and lost a lot of ex-fans! 2K is near perfection, so EA should make something different, just to attract buyers with something different, but good. Those animations is perfect for some pick'n'play NBA action game, mix between 2003 live, NBA street and NBA Jam! :D
Pure SICKNESS!!!!
Yo1

Postby Andrew on Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:22 pm

This NBA Live fan would personally pick NBA Live 06 on PC as being the best of the series (on the PC platform if nothing else), being a solid simulation-oriented game for the era.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby SC1211 on Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:57 am

EA Sports has had the same problem for a LONG time, and it seems they still haven't fixed it: getting the basic models/movement animations correct. It takes away from the experience of the rest of the game when a player isn't BUILT like a player is in real life, and when the walking/running animations look bizarre and unnatural (here it looks like everyone is almost slumped over). EA nails art and visuals in nearly every other aspect of their games, but Madden and Live have always had weird player models and weird basic animations.
SC1211

Postby dascoot on Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:51 am

I want them to make sure before they release this game that they have multiplayer dynasty.
dascoot

Previous

Return to NBA Live 14