Official NBA LIVE 14 First Look Trailer

Talk about NBA Live 14 here. Archived discussion on NBA Live 13 and NBA Elite 11 can also be found in this section.

Re: Official NBA LIVE 14 First Look Trailer

Postby Andrew on Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:51 pm

I'm guessing a miscommunication, perhaps some outdated or unconfirmed information that ended up with the person responsible for updating the NBA Live portal on NBA.com.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby 22cedric on Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:01 am

@Ty_Stover said they will be showcasing game features and 5 on 5 gameplay in the coming weeks.
22cedric

Postby 22cedric on Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:03 am

I sent the devs my feedback and concerns on the NBA Live 14 First Look Trailer they said the gameplay is still being polished.
22cedric

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:13 pm

Pdub wrote:I don't mind if a trailer is not ready by dates set on a site outside of ea's control or if there was misinformation somewhere in marketing plans. It's quite possible that they just delayed them for some reason.
22cedric wrote:I sent the devs my feedback and concerns on the NBA Live 14 First Look Trailer they said the gameplay is still being polished.

Reminds me of that warm fuzzy feeling with Elite11/Live13 then.

ThaLiveKing wrote:Taking those videos dates down is bad for the integrity of the game IMO, when they release the game footage now, they better be on point!!!

Yes, a great injustice has been done that can break the moral fiber of the game.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby ThaLiveKing on Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:49 am

shadowgrin wrote:
ThaLiveKing wrote:Taking those videos dates down is bad for the integrity of the game IMO, when they release the game footage now, they better be on point!!!

Yes, a great injustice has been done that can break the moral fiber of the game.

Absolutely
ThaLiveKing

Postby Mr LostSoul on Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:52 pm

The lighting on the players need to change if they want to make it look realistic.
The players in Live are normal skin color in light, but with a white reflection on them. It brings down the look imo. The shots of live14 where the white reflection isn't so apparent - looks better.

Not to teach light physics, but realistically it would be the lighting tints their skin (more often than not) yellow, golden-ish, sometimes yellow-green-ish.
Live's isn't as bad as I originally thought, it looks good in some shots, though in the face shots it's way overloaded. Tint the reflection to be a lighter tone of player's skins, the white should be few and far between on top of that tone and usually on the tail end of muscles/body.. Or take the face white down a bit and I believe it'll look much better.

The other thing I noticed is that the torsos look too long. The jerseys rather. The shorts might benefit being pulled just a bit higher up the waist area and made a bit longer at the knees so the torsos don't stand out as much. Then next year lower the team logo's, numbers on the jersey so it won't be as out of place. I won't critic any further, just think these things would help. I want to believe in this game, I like the feel of past Lives, I believe this game has the most potential of the two because of the innovation it tries and tried to do.

Curse Ea all ya want, but they tried making something revolutionary and it backfired, end of story. If Elite worked out it would have been a fun ass game, it just had too many bugs and not enough foundation/bball tactics to it. This live ball thing I feel is gonna be bigger than people think. I only wish the physics thing could be continued or further explained if that's what the ignite thing is.

Also, when is this constant flow of information supposed to swarm on us?
Mr LostSoul

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:47 pm

This month, I'd have to imagine.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JBulls on Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:31 am

nba.com/nbalive/ no longer exists. just fyi.
JBulls

Postby Mr LostSoul on Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:57 am

It feels like the feel of the previous feels, the feel of the game possibly not coming out.. I'd settle just for them informing us constantly that the game is coming out than new information at this point man.

Half serious.
Mr LostSoul

Postby Andrew on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:12 am

JBulls wrote:nba.com/nbalive/ no longer exists. just fyi.

Strange. The silence is definitely frustrating, as we get closer and closer to the advertised release date.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Patr1ck on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:32 am

Under the circumstances, these look like pre scheduled marketing materials that weren't supposed to be released. It's possible that they were delayed due to the 2k14 current gen release as a lot of people's focus would be on that.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:47 am

Fair point.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Patr1ck on Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:35 pm

I hope I'm right or close to being right. If they cancel this game, I don't know if I will buy another one in the future.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:44 pm

It would be a devastating blow to the series, no doubt. On the whole though, things have been far more positive than last year, so I'm not too concerned about that...yet.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Mr LostSoul on Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:38 pm

^ agreed. My concern will only kick in when we're being flooded with 2k next gen and there's still no Live.
4 weeks from release and we still don't know squat about 2k or Live next gen.
Mr LostSoul

Postby Andrew on Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:56 pm

Well, we do know the release dates for both games. ;) Both next gen games look pretty good, NBA Live 14 will see the debut of Rising Star and NBA 2K14 next gen won't just be a polished up version of the current gen game but utilise new tech.

Beyond that...yeah, not much! Both companies have been quiet but as we said in the latest podcast, surely...SURELY...more info is right around the corner at this juncture.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Patr1ck on Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:57 pm

I wonder if they are waiting to try amd 1up each other.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:32 pm

So far it's resulted in a quiet stalemate, if that's the case.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Previous

Return to NBA Live 14