NBA LIVE 14 Update from Sean O'Brien

Talk about NBA Live 14 here. Archived discussion on NBA Live 13 and NBA Elite 11 can also be found in this section.

Postby 22cedric on Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:11 pm

http://www.easports.com/nba-live/news-u ... -14-update

Hey everybody, hope you’ve been having a great summer. The majority of my first summer in Orlando has been spent inside the Tiburon studio. We’ve been working pretty hard to make sure that the return of NBA LIVE is a successful one. It’s been great getting to know the people here on the team throughout this year. I’m really impressed with the dedication and desire to create something great.

You’ve probably seen some of the work we’ve done with Under Armour in-game and during the Elite 24 event that took place in Brooklyn a few weeks ago. Not only was it a fantastic venue, under the Brooklyn Bridge, but the event truly showcased the next generation of basketball superstars.

We were also fortunate enough to get visits from NBA All-Star Kyrie Irving and Rookie of the Year Damian Lillard from the Portland Trailblazers. We had them in the mocap suit to bring their crazy handles to life in NBA LIVE 14.

Having both Damian and Kyrie in mocap this summer, with our focus on redefining how dribbling works in a basketball video game, was invaluable. Their amazing ball-handling will be in the game for you to enjoy on the sticks. It’s really cool hearing from both those guys, as well as others, about how they used to play NBA LIVE and how excited they are to be a part of the comeback.

The game is shaping up nicely and everyone here is very excited. The power of the Xbox One and the PlayStation®4 powered by EA SPORTS IGNITE has enabled us to create a truly stunning basketball game with a great suite of connected features, all surrounding a 5-on-5 gameplay experience that gives you amazing control and authenticity.

We pay attention to our Twitter and Facebook accounts and see what everybody is saying…what’s really cool is that there is genuine interest and even optimism for the experience that we’re creating with NBA LIVE. That being said, we know how you’re beyond ready to see more game assets and a 5-on-5 gameplay video. It is coming soon. I want you guys to see the game as we near completion to get a real impression (without disclaimers) of what to expect when we hit store shelves.

Between now and then, we’ll be giving you a glimpse of what NBA LIVE 14 is all about. In the next few days, we’ll be sharing a little peek of in-game screen shots and what you can expect to see and experience this fall and we’ll continue to share new assets as we lead up to the launch of the game.

Keep an eye on Twitter and Facebook to get the latest news and assets. I’m excited to see what you think and am honestly looking forward to hearing your feedback. This is not a one-and-done scenario. We’re here for the long haul and I hope you’ll join us on this journey.

Stay tuned...

Sean O'Brien
Executive Producer - NBA LIVE
22cedric

Re: NBA LIVE 14 Update from Sean O'Brien

Postby Andrew on Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:13 pm

Good news, and good looking out.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby 22cedric on Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:31 pm

no prob Andrew
22cedric

Postby ThaLiveKing on Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:05 pm

According to the UTC we may be getting a teaser of some game play footage next week

Twitter: @UnderTheCode
After inquiring about gameplay videos, we can confirm that we've been told to expect a 'teaser' update next week for #NBALive14. Excited?

ThaLiveKing

Postby 22cedric on Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:57 pm

Give Sean O'Brien @seanobs credit, he has had a plan this entire time, he hasn't wavered and I expect big things from NBA Live 14
Last edited by 22cedric on Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
22cedric

Postby JBulls on Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:20 pm

22cedric wrote:Give Sean O'Brien @seanobs credit, he has had a plan this entire time, he hasn't wavered and I expect big things from @EASPORTSNBA #WeAreLive #NBALIVE14

Why are you hashtagging? Is this site integrated with twitter?
JBulls

Postby shadowgrin on Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:56 am

:lol:
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby [Q] on Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:49 pm

Every time there is an "update" from EA, I get a bit nervous given their history of updating us with a cancellation.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:16 pm

Fair call. The buzz is a lot more positive this time around though, it sounds like there's a lot more confidence in the game.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 14