Dynasty Mode in NBA Live 14

Talk about NBA Live 14 here. Archived discussion on NBA Live 13 and NBA Elite 11 can also be found in this section.

Dynasty Mode in NBA Live 14

Postby Andrew on Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:03 am

First of all, the shameless plug for the latest Friday Five piece where I talk about Dynasty Mode in NBA Live 14:
http://www.nba-live.com/the-friday-five ... ode-needs/

While it's good to hear that NBA Live 14 will have a single player career mode in Rising Star and I'm interested in checking it out, I'm definitely hoping that Dynasty Mode has received some attention. Even if it's not going to get a complete overhaul or feature some mind-blowing innovation, at the very least it needs to be brought up to speed as it's lagging well behind Association as of NBA Live 10. Even at the time, NBA 2K10's Association was the deeper mode.

So, fellow Dynasty enthusiasts...what do you think needs to be done with the mode?

A couple of things that I didn't mention in the Five (mostly because there are other things that I really think need to be fixed/updated first and the concept of the column restricts me to five items) would be the D-League and audio for all the first names and surnames used by generated rookies. The former could add further depth to the player development side of things, while the latter naturally improves presentation and could also benefit Create-a-Player as well.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: Dynasty Mode in NBA Live 14

Postby ziyaad on Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:56 am

I like the rookie system in the new maddens and even the recruitig system in ncaa where they give some background in the draft especially with the commentary and it feels like watching a draft on tv. This could bring depth to our rookies and make it more fun to build from the draft.
ziyaad

Postby XPviper on Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:50 pm

I wonder if they still have FIBA license. If they do or if they renew it, then it would be cool if they implemented something like international management. I know it's a lot of new teams to make, but they could do something like FIFA did: they made only bigger national teams and huge player pools for them. They would only need to add a few generic courts and that would be it. I know it's ver yunlikely to see this even in a few years, but it would be awesome to coach a national team.
XPviper

Postby Andrew on Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:27 pm

I believe they still have it, seeing as how 2K hasn't been able to snap it up.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby deihatein on Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:56 am

One thing I like about 07 is they have that scouting feature that will let you know the opponents statistics kinda like that tool that Leftos made for 2k. They also have that feature where they let you know who wants to play with who on your team. I love that shit in 07 but I'm pretty sure they have that 09 onwards.
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby Andrew on Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:24 am

Team Chemistry and whatnot has been in the game, but its impact has been fairly minimal. It would be cool to see that coming in to play in a more significant way.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby dascoot on Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:19 am

I'm glad they are going to have rising stars challenge. I enjoy the myplayer mode in 2K and am excited to try out the NBA Live rising stars challenge mode. I hope they eventually have 2 players in this. This would mean that I create a player and then my friend creates a player and we compete. Their is the possibly we could end up on the same team which would be entertaining as well.
dascoot

Postby Rokyn on Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:49 am

For NBA Live 14, I hope to see some type of FIBA feature during the summer (if one of your players plays internationally then their ratings could improve) and if its the summer of 2016 then you could possibly play in the Olympics? That would be nice to have in Dynasty Mode.

I hope to see a much better improved Draft classes (less generic) with a better scouting system. Hell since they are doing constant updates to the game all season long, they could even use real college prospects in their draft classes but I don't know if it's possible due to licence. Improvement in the roster rotation would be nice. I also want to see a return of team training (NBA Live 09) and instead of the way 2k does it (raises ratings in practice) instead Live could actually let you participate in those practices and depending if you user control or not, player's ratings could improve depending on the performances in the practice. I also hope to see commentators comment on how well such and such have played during your dynasty season.

I also agree with Andrew on the D-League aspect of things. Instead of just assigning players there like 2k does, reward gamers for putting players in the D-League instead of just letting them sink in the bench. Their ratings, IQ, and potential could improve through being in a D-League team. If you put 2 or 3 of your players together in a D-League team then show how their chemistry improves by playing together and if you use them on your team, then ratings in chemistry could improve their overall ratings even more.

Pretty much I'm just looking for a more real and personal experience with your team in dynasty mode compared to other years. And also a way of rewarding the user by doing things such as the above like D-League, FIBA, and practices.
Rokyn

Postby Andrew on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:21 am

Rokyn wrote:they could even use real college prospects in their draft classes but I don't know if it's possible due to licence.

It's not possible. That's why college basketball games have never featured real players, except for the cover athlete who's already in the NBA by that point. Of course, if we're able to customise Draft Classes as in 2K, we can add those real players ourselves.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby dascoot on Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:41 am

Hopefully with going to next gen they will have multiplayer dynasty to keep up with the NBA2K Series
dascoot

Return to NBA Live 14