Ranting ex-Madden Developer has nice things to say about NBA

Talk about NBA Live 14 here. Archived discussion on NBA Live 13 and NBA Elite 11 can also be found in this section.

Ranting ex-Madden Developer has nice things to say about NBA

Postby JaoSming on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:46 am

For whatever it's worth
@rudyjuly2 @Bgamer90 That was SOO stupid. The NBA life team is SOO good. Like, really, really good.

@Bgamer90 @rudyjuly2 I do too. Most of the team that's making it agrees. So much to redo. The team wants greatness, they rare dedicated.

NBA Live is going to be AWESOME if the team that's making it is not interfered with. As long as the GAME people make the decisions.

That said, the moment "corporations" get involved, all bets are off.

@rudyjuly2 @Bgamer90 I ****ing know, right! NBA Live 10 was a HUGE step forward. Understandm the guys working on the game know that.

http://www.operationsports.com/MMChrisS ... n-twitter/
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Re: Ranting ex-Madden Developer has nice things to say about

Postby Andrew on Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:20 pm

I'd believe it. Gamers love to toss out words like "lazy" when things don't exactly go to plan but I'd suggest that the NBA Live team does indeed care about the product and works very hard on it. It seems like they have some good tech to work with as well; as we've said before, it just has to all come together and from what Dembroski is saying, they need to be allowed to do their thing.

Reading his Tweets, I'm not sure I'd ever want to have a job developing video games. On one hand it'd be awesome to have a job that I could be so passionate about, seeing as how it involves a longtime hobby of mine, but it seems like there's a lot of stuff behind the scenes that can make it a very unpleasant job and not as rewarding as one would hope.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Ranting ex-Madden Developer has nice things to say about

Postby ThaLiveKing on Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:57 am

JaoSming wrote:For whatever it's worth
@rudyjuly2 @Bgamer90 That was SOO stupid. The NBA life team is SOO good. Like, really, really good.

@Bgamer90 @rudyjuly2 I do too. Most of the team that's making it agrees. So much to redo. The team wants greatness, they rare dedicated.

NBA Live is going to be AWESOME if the team that's making it is not interfered with. As long as the GAME people make the decisions.

That said, the moment "corporations" get involved, all bets are off.

@rudyjuly2 @Bgamer90 I ****ing know, right! NBA Live 10 was a HUGE step forward. Understandm the guys working on the game know that.

http://www.operationsports.com/MMChrisS ... n-twitter/

One thing I keep saying, is that the game (franchise) has so much potential to be GREAT again, Some of the things I've seen and done in the game, really can have "Wow" factors to it
ThaLiveKing

Return to NBA Live 14