No PC Version

Talk about NBA Live 14 here. Archived discussion on NBA Live 13 and NBA Elite 11 can also be found in this section.

Re: No PC Version

Postby Andrew on Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:54 pm

Although it's been cited as an issue, I think the smaller audience has always been given as the main reason.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby benji on Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:07 pm

niharjhatn wrote:Now that their madden license is running out

It won't.
benji

Postby BrotherJRB on Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:36 am

EA being EA.
2013 is the year?
Thanks to Vl@d, Leftos and all the other patchers for their hard work.
BrotherJRB

Postby Andrew on Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:48 pm

It's not like they're the only developer not catering to PC gamers and other EA games do come out on PC. Doesn't change the fact it's not the news we were hoping for, of course.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Walhalla on Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:10 am

No PC version?.... Incredible -.-
Walhalla

Postby BLaZiNgSPEED on Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:26 am

What's actually bizarre is that quite a few sites are already offering the PC version as a pre-order.
I just made this thread last night on the official EA NBA Live Forums http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/8738473.page

If the PC version ain't coming. Surely those shopping sites should remove the PC version from their pre-order listings. All they're doing is emotionally blackmailing us PC Gamers into believing that it is coming, when in actual fact this is gonna make us more upset.

Anyways the Games for Windows Live banner in that cover sounds fishy. None of the EA Games utilizes Games for Windows Live. In fact now that Origin would take over. It would be even more difficult to imagine that any EA game that comes on Origin would utilize Games for Windows Live.

I hope we get better clarification from EA about this soon!
BLaZiNgSPEED

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:33 am

We do have clarification. There is no PC version. Those sites should indeed remove their pre-order listings for a PC version.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby BLaZiNgSPEED on Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:49 am

Andrew wrote:We do have clarification. There is no PC version. Those sites should indeed remove their pre-order listings for a PC version.

I know that in the EA Sports website it does state PLATFORMS: Xbox 360, PlayStation 3
However, I remember a similar thing with FIFA 11 PC just over a year ago. It had exactly the same thing, stating only PS3 and Xbox 360 as the platforms. Many PC Gamers like myself feared that FIFA 11 was gonna be canceled for the PC. But we were given a huge surprise back then, few months later FIFA 11 PC was confirmed a full next-gen console port for the first time.

I know the same cannot be said about NBA Live 13, since NBA Live on PC has a smaller audience than FIFA does on PC. But still I think it would be a mistake from EA Sports point of view not to make it for PC. Basketball and Football (soccer) are the most popular sports.

Plus NBA 2K12 does have over 130 thousand sales world wide for PC. That's still a huge bonus. Oh and FIFA 12 PC http://www.vgchartz.com/game/50888/fifa ... 12/Global/
has 358,558 sales world wide according to VG Charts! It's bizarre that EA Sports wouldn't want to include NBA Live 13 PC.

I would be adamant that if NBA Live 13 did come on PC it would get 200,000 sales at least because the EA Sports online servers are more reliable unlike with the 2K Sports Servers.

I also PM'd the Mods at the official EA NBA Live forums, they say to wait a few months for more information.
BLaZiNgSPEED

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:09 pm

I have made inquiries with EA Sports directly. There is no PC version this year.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:08 pm

thank you Andrew
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby deihatein on Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:10 am

Andrew wrote:I have made inquiries with EA Sports directly. There is no PC version this year.

:cry:
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby BLaZiNgSPEED on Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:51 am

Well if that's the case, let's hope NBA Live 13 fails as a game! Hoping to see meta critics and user scores no higher than 8.0 that way we PC Gamers won't regret for it not coming to PC. :twisted:

NBA 2K13 would be a decent game, no doubt in my mind, just hope 2K sort their online servers and bring back lobbies. I was only hopeful of EA Sports, because EA servers are more reliable (judging by FIFA on PC) and they have lobbies online. But if EA Sports don't care about their extra 100-200 thousand sales from the PC version, let it be...

It's all because of Peter Moore, EA Sports President. He hates the PC Gamers. It took 5 years for the PC version of FIFA to get ported to PS3/Xbox 360 as before that it was only PS2 ports.
And look at the results of FIFA 12 PC, 358 thousand sales worldwide, that's not very far from a million!
BLaZiNgSPEED

Postby Andrew on Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:59 am

Actually, I'd rather see NBA Live 13 make a strong comeback, in the hopes that we could have a choice between two good basketball games for the PC in NBA Live 14 and NBA 2K14.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby RedPhazon8 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:46 pm

Trends have shown the competition has made both companies to better, I guess if you look at when 2K had NFL games out both Madden and NFL 2K were both solid choices.
RedPhazon8

Postby BLaZiNgSPEED on Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:52 pm

Andrew wrote:Actually, I'd rather see NBA Live 13 make a strong comeback, in the hopes that we could have a choice between two good basketball games for the PC in NBA Live 14 and NBA 2K14.

Yeah that's good thinking. But I am a little skeptical about this. I would only be happy for NBA Live 13 to be good if NBA Live 14 will come to PC.
I am beginning to lose the faith about a PC version being released any time soon. I just don't think it will happen, not in near future.

That's why for me if I see NBA Live 13 getting 8.5 or 9.0 critic reviews it would be painful as we know PC Gamers like myself who don't own a console won't be able to play it. Plus at this stage imho buying a console would be irrational as the PS3 and the Xbox 360 are pretty outdated.

Ah, I hope Windows 8 gives us the possibility to play 360 games on our PC, but that's a different story. Perhaps I am more hopeful for that, than a PC version of NBA Live coming soon! :lol:
BLaZiNgSPEED

Postby George7 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:55 pm

That sucks very much... I was hyped to see a new nba live on the pc,but now it seems that 2k is the only option...
I will still buy live 13 if I'm I like what I see,on my new PS3 though, but still, 2k on the PC is a lock,especially for the patches...
George7

Postby Andrew on Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:36 pm

BLaZiNgSPEED wrote:Ah, I hope Windows 8 gives us the possibility to play 360 games on our PC, but that's a different story. Perhaps I am more hopeful for that, than a PC version of NBA Live coming soon! :lol:

That would be awesome, but I somehow doubt they'd be so generous. ;)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby rise on Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:29 am

No PC edition? Well, they've just got one less customer. :(
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby Tobiasz on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:36 am

It stated on the windows 8, 8 will be supporting xbox 360 games. :wink:
Tobiasz

Postby AMenace on Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:07 pm

LyXtiaN wrote:It stated on the windows 8, 8 will be supporting xbox 360 games. :wink:

THIS. It's a monthly subscription, and you can't play online against xbox 360 consoles, but it is going to be good for playing 360 games, it ports them to pc, and play just like a normal pc game with the xbox 360 disc in the dvd drive. You would need at least a quad core i7 i'd guess to run it though, graphics card isn't that important.
#thereturn
AMenace
A comeback??
Contributor

Postby JaoSming on Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:56 pm

LyXtiaN wrote:It stated on the windows 8, 8 will be supporting xbox 360 games. :wink:

AMenace wrote:THIS. It's a monthly subscription, and you can't play online against xbox 360 consoles, but it is going to be good for playing 360 games, it ports them to pc, and play just like a normal pc game with the xbox 360 disc in the dvd drive. You would need at least a quad core i7 i'd guess to run it though, graphics card isn't that important.

All rumors that hold no weight to them. The only Xbox 360 integration Win 8 is getting is this - http://www.viddler.com/v/e19fcd7d?secret=48313401
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Leftos on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:02 pm

AMenace wrote:

THIS. It's a monthly subscription, and you can't play online against xbox 360 consoles, but it is going to be good for playing 360 games, it ports them to pc, and play just like a normal pc game with the xbox 360 disc in the dvd drive. You would need at least a quad core i7 i'd guess to run it though, graphics card isn't that important.

What you're saying will never EVER happen. Just... just stop believing stuff like that.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby benji on Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:35 am

AMenace wrote:graphics card isn't that important.

lol
benji

Postby BLaZiNgSPEED on Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:54 am

I was wondering that if piracy was such a serious issue to stop EA from releasing NBA Live 13 PC. Why can't they just release it on OnLive?
Afterall OnLive are the same ported console games simply running in a streaming service.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OnLive
http://www.onlive.co.uk
OnLive streaming although isn't that great, it would be better than nothing. Plus OnLive being a live streaming service requiring OnLive servers, it would be absolutely impossible to pirate!
EA Sports should at least consider releasing some of their sports games to OnLive systems.

As for Windows 8 running Xbox 360 games. Even that won't be so surprising. In fact it won't excite me that much either. Why? Because after 2-5 years time or so the Xbox 720 will come out and the Xbox 360 will be rendered useless. Very few people would be interested in playing on the 360, because then NBA Live on Xbox 720 will be far superior. Just like nobody is interested to play PS2 games now. Even PS2 emulators do not excite PC Gamers.
BLaZiNgSPEED

Postby JaoSming on Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:08 am

first, OnLive wouldn't be a solution. We want to be able to modify the game as well as play it on our PCs.

Win 8 playing 360 games was a rumor from last year, and all we are getting from it is the Smart Glass stuff seen at E3. So stop it.

I think you need to take a look at the PS2-ported NBA Live PC game sections, which are still alive, kicking, and getting updates currently. NBA Live has been on the 360 and they don't care, 2K12 came to PC, and they don't care. Interest in a yearly sports game can last many years after it's release. NFL 2K5, APF 2K8, College Hoops 2K8, and the PC Lives are testimates to that.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 14