Official NLSC NBA Live 13 Wishlist Submitted

Talk about NBA Live 14 here. Archived discussion on NBA Live 13 and NBA Elite 11 can also be found in this section.

Re: Official NLSC EA Sports NBA Wishlist Submissions

Postby Andrew on Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:00 am

Absolutely. As you noted though it has been said and is something that's on the list, so it's probably best we focus on adding anything that hasn't already been discussed that would improve the game.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
45? That's a bad luck number!
Administrator

Postby champsbasketball on Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:32 am

i dont know if anyone has said this but EA needs to make sure the bring back REAL A.I. cause playing it in Fight Night in basketball it can be real great. :cheeky:
champsbasketball

Postby champsbasketball on Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:57 am

i have a wishlist queston? when are the delevoper gonna start talking to us so we can know whats going on and if we will get video throughout the yr about the game and seeing videos on how it looks and if they've added anything we all have wished for. :applaud: :wink:
champsbasketball

Postby Pdub on Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:12 am

Probably next year since it won't be released till then.
Pdub
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:26 am

Indeed, way too early for any kind of previews yet. Certainly not too early to compile a comprehensive Wishlist, though.
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Ermolli on Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:02 pm

After having too much time I thought about Elite controls, I liked some things but I though some were missing. I came up with this as the control settings as a suggestion (mixing Elite and Live's controls):

Offense
A: Pass
B: Pick and Roll control
Y: Pro Hop/Power Dribble
X:Dinamic Quick Play
LT: Backdown
RT: Turbo
LB: Play Calling
RB: Direct Pass

Defense
A: Switch
B: Double Team
Y: Take Charge
X: Defensive Assist
LT: Post Defense(don't know a proper name for it)
LB: Play Calling
RB: Direct Switch

I believe that layup and dunk should switch so layups are a flick up with the right stick because, as real life, layups are easier to do than dunks. Also I think that layups with RT should be power or finesse layups depending on the player, and dunks with RT should be power or flashy depending on the player too.
Other things I thought about was defense. I believe that steals and block should be a flick with the right stick instead of moving the stick up or down. Moving the right stick, imo, should be to defend with the hands, protect passing lanes and while defending a the post to avoid the feed to the offensive player on the post.
KD sign by Ermolli
Ermolli

Postby Andrew on Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:30 pm

I'd agree for the most part, though I think they should have shooting and blocking/rebounding controls as face buttons and leave the right stick to dribbling. If they do have shooting on the right stick, I'd leave one of the face buttons as a shoot button as well (as 2K has done with their shot stick) but I do like the idea of flick up for layups, hold for dunks, that sounds more intuitive to me than the way it was implemented in NBA Elite 11. Using turbo as the modifier works for me as well.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby Pdub on Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:26 pm

I actually love the gather controls instead of pro hop and power dribble. Its something I have wanted for s long time. I would keep it on the left trigger and put backdown/protect ball on the Y button.
Pdub
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:21 pm

How about this as a default (with an option to customise the configuration as desired back in the game):

Offense

A: Pass
B: Shoot
Y: Backdown (can also be done by feathering into the defense in the post to initiate a backdown situation)
X: Pick & Roll Control
LT: Gather/Pro Hop/Power Dribble (depending on player abilities)
LB: Play Calling (tap for Dynamic Quick Play)
RB: Direct Pass
Back: Call timeout (then presented with an option for calling 20 second or full timeout)
Start: Pause

Alternatively, you could use the D-Pad for dynamic quick plays.

Defense

A: Switch players
B: Double Team
Y: Block/Rebound
X: Steal
LT: Defensive Assist/Defensive Crouch
LB: Play Calling (tap for automatic/recommended defensive strategy)
RB: Direct Switch
Back: Call for intentional foul
Start: Pause

And again, you could alternatively call quick/automatic plays using the D-Pad.

As far as the sticks are concerned, left stick is movement and right stick is dribbling controls. Left and right would switch hands for basic crossovers, up would be a spin move (hold for a full spin but don't allow the move to be spammed, tap up to fake a spin), down would be a step back, moving the stick in the direction of the hand that the ball is currently in perform a hesitation dribble, half-circles and the like would perform more complex moves and crossovers (behind the back and so forth).

With one shoot button, turbo could be the modifier for dunks and layups, depending on a player's abilities, dunk package and tendencies (though a means of forcing a dunk would be nice).

Andrew
Administrator

Postby Ermolli on Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:49 am

I (maybe one of few) liked the shooting method on Elite but if it was removed and used again as buttons, I would like to have Elite's dribbling controls expanded with more moves to make.
Other thing I thought that if the next game has the skill shooting, hot spots should be part of the game so certain players shoot have a wider sweet spot on certain places of the court.
KD sign by Ermolli
Ermolli

Postby J-Hood on Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:10 am

EA should just give us the option to play with different control settings because shooting with a button press is wack. Skill based shooting with the analog is the best way 2 go. It wouldn't bother me if a trigger button was a modifier 2 turn the analog from a dribble stick to a shot stick.
J-Hood

Postby champsbasketball on Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:20 am

J-Hood wrote:EA should just give us the option to play with different control settings because shooting with a button press is wack. Skill based shooting with the analog is the best way 2 go. It wouldn't bother me if a trigger button was a modifier 2 turn the analog from a dribble stick to a shot stick.

that would be better to hold down the L2 and the right stick is only dribbling moves and keep the skill based shooting with the right stick and have it to when you hold down the turbo button and hold the right stick up depending on the players power you do different power dunks even ones were you can dunk on somebody but if you dont have dunks like Fisher then if you hold down the turbo button you do an aggressive power layup that can sometimes get you an and-one or foul call, and if you dont hold down the turbo and still hold the right stick up for a dunk you just do a soft dunk like Melo does or Kobe on fastbreaks.
champsbasketball

Postby Andrew on Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:16 am

Two different control schemes is fine by me.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby Ermolli on Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:52 am

I would like is Franchise Mode was similar to NFL Head Coach 09 or at least have some of its features like different interpretations of player ratings according to the system, philosophy, or team the players are on,trade/free agent acquisition auction system,player behaivor that players have different personality traits and characteristics that affect how they perform and how happy they are, more authentic pre draft and draft according to the team needs.
Those features can be seen here: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/854/854928p1.html
KD sign by Ermolli
Ermolli

Postby Andrew on Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:36 am

So basically a strict sim mode? That wouldn't be a bad idea but I'd like to see them fix up the Dynasty Mode they already have in the game first.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby Ermolli on Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:09 pm

Andrew wrote:So basically a strict sim mode? That wouldn't be a bad idea but I'd like to see them fix up the Dynasty Mode they already have in the game first.

No, I meant their features basically and how those features affect the gameplay.
KD sign by Ermolli
Ermolli

Postby J-Hood on Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:13 pm

If EA was to use a physics engine like the impact engine, do you guys think its possible that engine can determine when a defender ankles get broken in real time? If it can be done EA should add that so it never look the same like them in the Elite 11 demo.
J-Hood

Postby Ermolli on Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:29 pm

J-Hood wrote:If EA was to use a physics engine like the impact engine, do you guys think its possible that engine can determine when a defender ankles get broken in real time? If it can be done EA should add that so it never look the same like them in the Elite 11 demo.

I don't know because FIFA's Impact Engine works when do players interact, so I don't think that could be possible with broken angles. However, it could be possible with hard fouls or bad landings.
KD sign by Ermolli
Ermolli

Postby Andrew on Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:09 pm

Ermolli wrote:
Andrew wrote:So basically a strict sim mode? That wouldn't be a bad idea but I'd like to see them fix up the Dynasty Mode they already have in the game first.

No, I meant their features basically and how those features affect the gameplay.

So essentially a deeper and more realistic Dynasty Mode, akin to Madden, NHL or NBA 2K's Association mode. Sure, I'm a Dynasty geek so I'm all for that.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby Ermolli on Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:58 am

Andrew wrote:
Ermolli wrote:

So essentially a deeper and more realistic Dynasty Mode, akin to Madden, NHL or NBA 2K's Association mode. Sure, I'm a Dynasty geek so I'm all for that.

Yes but some of those features I mentioned(ratings based on team system for example), aren't in those games or at least with that detph.
KD sign by Ermolli
Ermolli

Postby Ermolli on Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:39 pm

One thing I thought was that if the shooting in the next game is skill based,shots released early should have more power that released late.
KD sign by Ermolli
Ermolli

Postby Andrew on Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:31 pm

Wouldn't it make more sense for shots that are released too early to fall short? Either way I'm all for skill based shooting and for shots that are just slightly too strong having a chance at banking in.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby Jhiane on Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:19 pm

how's this going? Does the EA still have interest in PC platform?
Jhiane
Spot Up Shooter
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:03 am

They do still release a couple of their sports games for the PC, so hopefully the Petition can have an impact and demonstrate our interest and enthusiasm in a PC release. This is the Wishlist though. ;)

Andrew
Administrator

Postby Pdub on Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:27 am

Andrew wrote:Wouldn't it make more sense for shots that are released too early to fall short? Either way I'm all for skill based shooting and for shots that are just slightly too strong having a chance at banking in.

Only if you look at the shot timing as a power meter. Realistically, both early and late releases have a chance to go either long or short. It all depends on how the person adjusts in real life. A power meter makes more sense for a video game, though.
Pdub
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:05 pm

Yeah, I guess that's pretty much how I look at it. If the ability to bank shots is based on shooting the shot a little longer then I think a later release/power meter approach makes more sense. Either way would work though.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby Ermolli on Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:08 pm

Did players have hot and cold streaks on Dynasty like Madden 12 will have? That seems like a good idea that could help in Dynasty putting the best players at that moment (and players that have chemestry or fit the system) instead of putting the players with the best overall on the starting 5.
KD sign by Ermolli
Ermolli

Postby Andrew on Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:12 pm

There are hot and cold streaks represented in Player DNA, I'm not sure how much of an impact they really had though.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby Ermolli on Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:44 pm

Andrew wrote:There are hot and cold streaks represented in Player DNA, I'm not sure how much of an impact they really had though.

At least on Madden those streaks afected players ratings depending on player's consistency an other things, I believe it could be implemented on the next NBA game.
KD sign by Ermolli
Ermolli

Postby Ermolli on Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:37 am

This would be nice on Dynasty mode, it would make Free Agency more dynamic.
phpBB [video]
KD sign by Ermolli
Ermolli

Postby Andrew on Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:06 am

Definitely an interesting idea, expanding the negotiation mini-game in a similar way could be a good improvement to that area of the game but it would need to be tweaked a bit for the NBA.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby Ermolli on Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:29 pm

Andrew wrote:Definitely an interesting idea, expanding the negotiation mini-game in a similar way could be a good improvement to that area of the game but it would need to be tweaked a bit for the NBA.

It could be that and adding some aspects from recruiting on NCAA Football 12.
KD sign by Ermolli
Ermolli

Postby Ermolli on Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:01 am

I know that on the wishlist it's said about the idea of expansion team on Dynasty but I would like that if that option is available, they should have the Sonics as an option with their jerseys, stadium and history without having to create the team. I'm asking because if they could have the Sonics on the new NBA Jam, they could find a way to do this.
KD sign by Ermolli
Ermolli

Postby Andrew on Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:48 am

If the NBA will allow it, sounds good to me. They might not be that keen to allow them to be included in that capacity however; it's one thing to allow them as a classic/special team, another to let them back into the league as a current team. Perhaps there won't be a problem but knowing how finicky the NBA can be about some of these things, it could be a longshot. Worth mentioning though. :)

Andrew
Administrator

Postby Pdub on Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:56 pm

Always wanted an expansion team or teams in dynasty mode to make things more interesting.
Pdub
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ermolli on Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:31 pm

One thing that might not be that important but could be interesting is if on Dynasty our European draft picks could play in Europe a couple of years if there isn't the urgency of having them now, or not signing some players but having their rights which could be used in trades.

Another idea could be for timeouts, if you press select it's a 20 second timeout but if you hold select it's a full one.
KD sign by Ermolli
Ermolli

Postby Andrew on Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:46 pm

We've brought up that idea before, being able to hold a player's rights but not immediately sign them. Hopefully they can implement that at some point.

As far as timeouts are concerned, we definitely should be able to choose between a 20 second and full timeout (so long as we have them left, of course) but I'd rather just hit the button to call time and then choose. Otherwise, in some situations you'd end up wasting a bit of time having to hold down the button for a full timeout.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby Ermolli on Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:50 pm

Andrew wrote:We've brought up that idea before, being able to hold a player's rights but not immediately sign them. Hopefully they can implement that at some point.

As far as timeouts are concerned, we definitely should be able to choose between a 20 second and full timeout (so long as we have them left, of course) but I'd rather just hit the button to call time and then choose. Otherwise, in some situations you'd end up wasting a bit of time having to hold down the button for a full timeout.

I thought about it but the timeout would start when it began being pressed not while being pressed so there wouldn't be wasted time
KD sign by Ermolli
Ermolli

Postby Andrew on Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:26 pm

Then a tap/hold system is redundant. Just press the button to call timeout and then pick 20 second or full timeout, as in NBA Live 09.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby MaxContini on Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:02 pm

--> CREATE TEAMS SECTION (infinite teams) ; with "import texture" options, for the jerseys and logos, directly in the game -just a button with a "import texture" options when i create the team

--> CREATE PLAYERS SECTION (infinite players); with a "import cyberface(and portrait) texture" options directly in the game, when i create a player.

:bowdown: :bowdown2: :bowdown: :bowdown2:
MaxContini

Postby Pdub on Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:00 pm

Using the game face integration with easportsworld would be easier then importing textures. They would probably end up with a bunch of complaints from people who don't know what they are doing.

However, importing the texture of a custom tattoo and allowing us to size and position it on the player would be an awesome feature.
Pdub
Administrator
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:59 am

Pdub wrote:Always wanted an expansion team or teams in dynasty mode to make things more interesting.

that would be cool to have the Sonics rejoin a few years into the dynasty and/or forcing the user to create a custom team

i think it would be awesome to have the player start his passing wind up animation when you hit the pass button and the longer you hold it, the faster the pass is. when you tap pass, it's a hand-off or lob pass. hold it almost all the way through the animation and it's a bullet pass. hold it too long and it becomes a fake pass. then you should be able to queue up the passing commands (like in FIFA) to swing the ball around the perimeter really fast to get to the open man.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Ermolli on Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:36 am

I wish EA could take advantage of the lockout and get some NBA players with high basketball IQ (not necesary a star) or some coaches that could help them with the AI of the game.
KD sign by Ermolli
Ermolli

Postby Pdub on Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:12 am

I agree. I always thought that they should contract a coach and probe his brains for ai and strategy.
Pdub
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Official NLSC EA Sports NBA Wishlist Submitted

Postby Andrew on Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:24 pm

The list has been finalised for submission, so there won't be any further updates. However, please feel free to keep posting ideas as the developers are keeping tabs on this section.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby Ermolli on Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:44 pm

I forgot to add before but I would like that on the next EA sim game (Elite/Live?) there was a manual boxout button.
KD sign by Ermolli
Ermolli

Postby Andrew on Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:05 pm

The devs are still keep tabs on this section but I'll be sure to doublecheck the notes I sent along and send through a followup if I didn't mention that. :)

Andrew
Administrator

Postby Ermolli on Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:19 pm

Did you send the notes because they asked you or simply to suggest our opinions? Just curious.
KD sign by Ermolli
Ermolli

Postby karmt on Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:25 pm

I wish that there is custom dynasty mode. Only ten teams or more or less.
karmt

Postby Ermolli on Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:09 am

Some things I've forgotten to suggest before:

- Make the court bigger or make the players smaller.
- Add bounce pass, maybe using Turbo+Pass
- Total control is great and I liked the idea of Elite but there needs to be something to avoid unrealistic moves with some players who aren't able to use them. I believe that players, besides having ratings and DNA, should have Abilities like 2K12's My Player mode (http://www.operationsports.com/features ... my-player/) This would highlight each players go to move and abilities more, making it more real and make people avoid trying to pull out moves with any player (something that could be done on the Elite 12 demo) in order to avoid the generic feel Elite 11 had. Besides this could be used to have different animations for each ability, an aniation when the player can't make the move, an animation when the player can do it with difficulty, an animation when the player can do it fluently (in this category there could be signature animations for the elite players that can do it well). This could also be used on Dynasty and Become Lengendary modes, spend the off season trying to develop some go to moves with a specific player (in Become Legendary your player).
KD sign by Ermolli
Ermolli

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 14