Official NLSC NBA Live 13 Wishlist Submitted

Talk about NBA Live 14 here. Archived discussion on NBA Live 13 and NBA Elite 11 can also be found in this section.

Re: Official NLSC NBA ELITE 12 Wishlist Submissions

Postby Stress Fracture on Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:44 pm

The blocking really needs to be fixed.
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby nbalivexii on Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:13 am

NBA is all about Presentation

1. When you start a game keep that same ESPN look presentation from Elite 11

2. Like NBA Live 10 show the players warm up in their warm up jerseys then go to a home team intro.(ex. NBA LIVE 07-09 had a home team intro announcing players one by one before tip off.)

3. When playing with a lower rank team the staduim should have plenty of empty seats. (ex. Charlotte Bobcats or Philly 76ers dont have a lot of people that goes to the games unless they make it to the playoffs.)

4. If your(AWAY team) blowing out a opponent on the road game by 20-25 points or more by the middle of 4th quarter some seats should be empty (ex. a cut scene will appear like nfl madden 08, where it shows some of the crowd leaving the game because of a blowout.) then go back to the ingame.

5. At the end of games sometimes you should see the top 2 scorers of the game or players of the game shake hands or hug. (ex. Madden has it when the coaches shake hands after a finish game.)

6. When taking a freethrow sometimes your teammates should come up to you and dap you up if you make or miss a freethrow. Also your player should react to a miss freethrow if the game is on the line.

7. ESPN halftime presentation

8. Bring back the ALL-STAR dunk contest ,3 point, and add the point guard skill challenge (Sony psp NBA 07 has the skill challenge.) THAT WOULD BE PRETTY COOL.

9. When subbing in a player you will see him go to the score table like 2k.

10. In game action the crowd goes crazy. (ex. when you cross someone over and he falls or loses balance the crowd should make a HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! sound or if theres a last second shot like Kobe, good block like Dwight Howard, or crazy Lebron James dunk.)

11. Also all the stuff that was in NBA LIVE 10 presentation keep it in there too (ex. Boston chants "Beat LA", Cleveland boooooo Lebron James, etc etc............
nbalivexii

Postby nbalivexii on Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:14 am

Andrew wrote:Welcome to the Forum! Thanks for the submissions, quality stuff. :)

THANKS I HAVE SOME REALLY COOL IDEAS TOO SO I HOPE THEY LOOK INTO USING THEM OR WORKING OFF IT
nbalivexii

Postby Andrew on Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:21 am

nbalivexii wrote:11. Also all the stuff that was in NBA LIVE 10 presentation keep it in there too (ex. Boston chants "Beat LA", Cleveland boooooo Lebron James, etc etc............

One note about that, apparently they got into trouble for having Vince Carter booed in Toronto in NBA Live 10, it seems they can only have the crowd boo the opposition in general or boo when the home team is struggling/loses a lead. Apparently everything else (like the "Beat LA" chants) is OK though and absolutely should be in the game to enhance the presentation and atmosphere.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby nbalivexii on Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:38 pm

NBA Elite 12
Edited/Player Accessories
SMALL STUFF COUNTS TOO
I know this is only being picky and not really neccessary but for the new Elite 12 dont add stupid random basketball shoes in the game like NBA Live 10. I mean come on, who wears Lebron James soldiers II anymore in the NBA or casual high top shell top Adidas. Instead of wasting time putting a lot of old sneakers in the game that players dont wear anymore in the NBA, why do yall just put all the NBA sneakers that players wore that year and some of the popular ones that comes out the next nba season. I know yall rather not spend a whole lot of money on shoe contracts every year but just put in the most popular shoes in the game that players usually wear.

(ex. Nike Huperdunk 2010, Nike Air Max Fly By, Nike Air Max Hyperdunks, Nike Air Max 360 BB- Rajon Rondo wore in All-Star game, Nike Zoom Hyperfuse, low top Zoom Nike Hyperfuse, Kobe VI, Kobe V, James VIII, Nike Zoom Soldiers IV, Kevin Durant III, Air Jordans AJ 2010, Air Jordans AJ 2011, Jordan Evolution 85's, Jordan CP3.IV, Jordan Melo M7, Adidas AdiZero Derrick Rose, Adidas AdiZero Derrick Rose 1.5, Adidas Superbeast, Adidas AdiPure, Adidas Crazy 8, Brandon Jennings Under Armour shoes, John Walls Reebok Zig Slash, Converse Star Player EVO, Kevin Garnett ANTA shoes, Ron Artest BALL'N shoe, Baron Davis Li-Ning BD Doom and PEAKS- theres a number of players that wears PEAKS: Javulle McGee- Wizzards, Shane Battier-Grizzles, Ron Artest 2010- Lakers, Sasha Vujacic- Nets, and Jason Kidd- Mavericks.)

Maybe you can add a new feature in the edited/player option like NBA 2k10 did and give us the freedom to change the colors on certain areas of the shoe. hint.hint

One other thing, also be able to have Under Armour accessaries (ex.bicep bands.)
1. Be able to put compression shorts on your player and compession armor shirt like 2k.

2. Shooter arm sleeve with compression elbow pad and ankle braces

3. Knee pads with compression pad. (ex. NBA Live 9-10 knee pads look like skateboarding knee pads? hahahahahahah.)

4. It would be cool to see mouthguards in the game also (ex. NBA LIVE 10 when they open their mouth you can see their teeth) instead you will see the teams color mouthguard.

5. Also go back to the old NBA Live style on playstation 2 to where you gain experience points after every game then spend them to buy/unlock shoes and retro team jerseys that you dont have. It was more rewarding to unlock shoes and jerseys and makes you put more time into the game
Last edited by nbalivexii on Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
nbalivexii

Postby Stress Fracture on Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:02 pm

nbalivexii wrote:NBA Elite 12
Edited/Player Accessories

5. Also go back to the old NBA Live style on playstation 2 to where you gain experience points after every game then spend them to buy/unlock shoes and retro team jerseys that you dont have. It was more rewarding to unlock shoes and jerseys and makes you put more time into the game

Retro jerseys and shoes can be patched, so it might not be feasible.
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby nbalivexii on Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:17 pm

that takes the fun out of games when you can put a code in for a patch.
nbalivexii

Postby Andrew on Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:22 pm

Not everyone wants to spend all that time unlocking jerseys and shoes though. If there's a code, it caters to both crowds; those who want to play with the jerseys straight away can do so, those who want to unlock them manually can forgo entering the code.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby nbalivexii on Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:30 pm

Some of yall have some reasonable questions and answer but yall keep looking at the small problems and not the big issues. Most people that keep saying nba live sucks cause there's problems with some of the gameplay but when ea asks yall to come up with ideas to make it better. The same people that said it sucks keep giving ea the same answer, "add more shoes, make players stop looking shinny, make the courts look real, and make season mode more deeper". Then when the next NBA game came out it was the same story all over again and yall say, "it sucks" once agian. Its not all their faults cause the game never changes, its also the basketball game fans fault because they worry about little things that dont need fix and not the major issues. Not enough fans going into detail about whats wrong with the game but they worry about accessaries and what not.
nbalivexii

Postby nbalivexii on Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:38 pm

Im not a ea fan nor a 2k fan. I love both titles, I just love basketball, and basketball video games done right. I know that basketball is the hardest sport game out there to make realistic and real time physics implemented in it as seen on tv but i want to see perfection from people thats working on this title cause the last one was cancelled. Thats why at the top of this decussion wishlist i came up with some new controls for elite 12 weather they use them or not that will be seen but it will be cool if they see my views and use it
nbalivexii

Postby thegreenteam on Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:19 am

MY WISHLIST BROKEN DOWN (based on NBA Live 10)
It seems like a lot but this will make it a great video game.
News Flash ****NBA Live 10 is better than 2K11****
Graphics Wishlist
1. Make the referee whistles coincide with the fouls.
2. Eliminate the goal-tending on dunks. (or at least minimize frequency)
3. Lower the frequency of fouls on drives. (and create different graphics for fouls instead of the same mid-air collision)
4. Don't slow down the game-play on alley-oops or dunks.
*5. When loading the game, instead of practicing in a practice facility, let us warm up in front of the crowd. *My favorite
6. Eliminate the glitch after a bad pass that send the ball shooting towards the rafters.

Online Game-play Wishlist
1. While choosing sides on team play, allow users to vote a player out of the game. (helps if the player we want to kick out is a known nuisance to the game)
2. Instead of the computer searching for a team play game for us, allow us to see the games available and choose based on number of players, time left and teams chosen. (Similar to when you can't find a game within your level range and you are given the option to browse available game sessions)
3. Bring back the dunk contest and allow us to compete online against other users in the dunk contest, 3 point contest and the point guard skills challenge.
4. Create an online Create A Player mode which allows users to compete against other users's created players in an Adidas Live Run style game. (not too many details but I know you have the skills to make this a great playing mode)

Offline Wishlist (to better appeal to players with no internet access)
1. Create a Legend Mode that allows you to play with NBA stars from the past. (or instead of making a mode out of it, have the option to load legends roster, similar to how you can load rosters now before a game)
2. Create an UNREAL Mode that sort of "mimics" NBA Street. This would be cool because using the same graphics as all of NBA Elite 12, you could do insane dunks, crossovers, trick passes and blocked shots without having to change the disc in your Xbox.
3. Add a scenario mode similar to Madden where you can choose the circumstances before starting the game.
4. Add a mode that allows you to choose between a 1 on 1, 2 on 2, 3 on 3, 4 on 4 or 5 on 5 game.
5. Add a create a team option similar to Madden but please use some different team logos. (I'd be happy even without the new logos)
thegreenteam

Postby Jackle on Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:02 pm

My suggestions are:
1. Bring back the ALL STAR WEEKEND! NBA live 2005-08 were great because of this! A proper dunk contest, three point contest, rookie challenge and all star game. If possible a skills challenge, shooting stars contest and celebrity game! That would really one up 2K sports!
2. The legend teams. 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, 00's. That would be alot of fun (again).
3. Make steals less frequent. I played a Superstar level game (Magic vs Celtics) and I had 7 turnovers in the first quarter. That's not even funny.
4. Bring it back to the PC. Seriously, taking it off PC was the dumbest thing EA Sports ever did.
5. Include some different animations for shooting fouls.
6. Also, make shooting fouls less frequent.
7. Change the free-throw shooting technique. I don't like holding the button until the red stuff reaches the blue thing.
8. Re-do Dynasty Mode. NBA Live 08 had a perfect Dynasty Mode. Use that one.
9. The player faces are too basic. Just improve them, more detail, better hair, even eyes.
10. Include create a team.
11. Have you ever played NBA 08? They had a thing where, using points, you can unlock retro NBA jerseys, courts, stuff like that. I would include the ability to unlock retro NBA players.
12. Take a page from 2K11 and include teams from the past. 86 Celtics, 92 Bulls, 01 Lakers.
13. Better crowd reactions. Keep game atmosphere but even in regular season games when something great happens the crowd shouldn't go 'good job', they should go 'WOOOOH! AAAAGH!'
14. There should be better celbrations. After a good dunk I'd like to see Chris Anderson flap his wings, and after a buzzer beater I wanna see Kevin Garnett get crazy!
15. New commentary team. My dream team- Marv Albert, Reggie Miller, Charles Barkley & sideliner Chery Miller. All Star Weekend commentary, Ernie Johnson, Reggie Miller, Kenny The Jet Smith.

All these changes just might make NBA Elite better than 2K!
P.S. Change it back to NBA Live. NBA Elite is just... weird.
Last edited by Jackle on Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Gilbert Is Awesomely Cool.... DON'T BAG HIM!
Jackle

Postby wicked waway on Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:54 pm

my only wish is for the option to be able to use my association file from 2k11 :D
Duterte 2016
wicked waway

Postby Andrew on Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:50 am

That one might be a little hard to accomplish. ;)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Phil89 on Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:55 pm

Championship banner added to rafters in your arena after you win a title. That would be cool. (Y)
My Stories
LIVE 10 - Thunder I, Thunder II
2K13 - Wizards / 2K15 - Sixers / 2K16 - Sixers / 2K17 - Suns / 2K19 - Thunder
Phil89

Postby soho on Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:00 am

My only wish is that they actually release the game this year thats all :)
soho

Postby crimsonpsycho on Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:53 pm

wish you could include close-ups on free throws and inbound plays, replays on fouls of players and slow motion replays on dunks and other shots. and perhaps, more dialogues on voice over of sportscasters. lastly, is it possible to say the name/s of created players during gameplay? thanks.
crimsonpsycho

Postby Andrew on Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:11 pm

crimsonpsycho wrote:lastly, is it possible to say the name/s of created players during gameplay?

If they include audio files for common names and have them linked to the text that's entered for the player's name (or allow the user to pick from a list).
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby EA_Bailey on Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:19 am

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up. We are definitely paying attention to the things you have to say on these message boards. We want the same thing you guys do – a GREAT NBA game – so keep the suggestions coming. I have read each and every suggestion so far, and there is some good stuff already.

Just to reiterate an important point, if you don't like the way something works, please tell us why. Please do not say "Make dynasty better." It's really hard to know what exactly you want out of Dynasty without being more specific.

Also, for my own personal bookkeeping, it would make my job a lot easier if you guys could post your ideas in list form. You don't have to, but it just makes everything easier to compile.

Thanks,

Bailey
EA_Bailey

Postby Patr1ck on Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:10 am

I made some key points bold in your post, Bailey.

Welcome to the forum! :D
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:32 am

Welcome to the Forum, Bailey!

Just to clarify, we'll definitely be presenting the Wishlist in point form when we finalise it. :)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby doktor on Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:51 am

when the ball is going off bounds the player who is nearest to it automatticaly try to save it.and i do not know will this be possible but it would br grat.to makers create some in game program so we can create moves to some player by ex.click on his hand and hold mouse button and move it.if it is some dunk what that player is not able to do then do do not create that move you know what i am saying :lol:and pc version PLEASEEE!!!!
GO CELTICS! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m1SUaAXR5Y It is all about playing with HEART!

My little nba live 08 thread viewtopic.php?f=75&t=79496
Just started live 05 thread viewtopic.php?f=42&t=84449
http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/5830/16567.gif
doktor

Re: Official NLSC EA Sports NBA Wishlist Submissions

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:51 pm

Please note that I've edited the thread title and changed references to NBA Elite 12 to EA Sports NBA or the next EA Sports NBA sim release, in light of the next game coming out in Fall 2012 and the title as yet unknown.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby BigDre1992 on Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:26 am

You guys are not going to get past 2k cause 2k11 proved that they were the best. BUT basically you could just get some tips from them :cheeky:
BigDre1992

Postby Patr1ck on Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:05 am

BigDre1992 wrote:You guys are not going to get past 2k cause 2k11 proved that they were the best. BUT basically you could just get some tips from them :cheeky:

Please don't spam. If you have a real suggestion for the list, please post it. If there was every anything that you wanted in a basketball game and hasn't been done before, now is the time to suggest it. EA is building the game from the ground up so this is the most important list ever. Since they are not relying on old code(assuming), this is anyone's best chance to get a feature or element that they ask for in a basketball game.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 14