Official NLSC NBA Live 13 Wishlist Submitted

Talk about NBA Live 14 here. Archived discussion on NBA Live 13 and NBA Elite 11 can also be found in this section.

Re: Official NLSC EA Sports NBA Wishlist Submitted

Postby Andrew on Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:38 am

Ermolli wrote:Did you send the notes because they asked you or simply to suggest our opinions? Just curious.

A bit of both. In recent years I've made it a point to send some supplementary documents with the Wishlist to clarify certain things, highlight top wishes and the like. However, they also had a few requests for certain feedback and types of supplementary lists this year, so I ended up sending one of the most detailed Wishlist packages to date (11 documents, 12 screenshots).
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Ermolli on Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:06 am

Andrew wrote:
Ermolli wrote:Did you send the notes because they asked you or simply to suggest our opinions? Just curious.

A bit of both. In recent years I've made it a point to send some supplementary documents with the Wishlist to clarify certain things, highlight top wishes and the like. However, they also had a few requests for certain feedback and types of supplementary lists this year, so I ended up sending one of the most detailed Wishlist packages to date (11 documents, 12 screenshots).

Good to know they're interested (at least something) in our opinions.
Ermolli

Postby Andrew on Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:55 am

Absolutely. They've been very receptive to and enthusiastic about the feedback we've sent in, so hopefully we can have a positive impact with it.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Ermolli on Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:11 am

Andrew wrote:Absolutely. They've been very receptive to and enthusiastic about the feedback we've sent in, so hopefully we can have a positive impact with it.

Have they been more receptive this year than in previous ones? That would be a good signal.
Ermolli

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:36 am

They've always been receptive to the Wishlists but they're certainly very eager this year given what happened with NBA Elite 11 and the two year layoff.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Ermolli on Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:36 am

After playing the Elite 11 demo again today I though (as most of you) that rebound can't be on the right stick, it feels so unnatural and awkward. Instead, right stick up should be to contest a shot and it could make us choose between contesting with the right hand or with the left hand. It would help to make use of fundamentals (left hand to contest right handed shooter and viceversa), it would affect shots and it avoids relying so much on the block button (which should be effective with the best shot blockers, not every player unless it's an easy block).

Other things (that aren't important) that I wish are that EA shouldn't change much the game cover and the intro, they were one of the best things Elite 11 had and doesn't need to be dumped.
Ermolli

Postby Andrew on Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:40 am

It'd be nice if Durant got the cover of the next game to makeup for NBA Elite 11. Funnily enough, he's still included in the Cover Kings team in NBA Jam: On Fire Edition.

And I'm definitely still in favour of a Freestyle/Quick Strike-type control method, with the right stick contesting shots/putting hands up/stealing with the left or right hand and performing dribbling moves, perhaps with a modifier to active shot stick-like shooting controls (along with a shoot button for a simplified option).
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby TGz Champion on Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:45 am

1.Smoother Dribbling

2.Realistic Contact when Laying up. have the
diffender more on the side instead of an
Head on Body collision.

3.NO MORE Cutsines
: have a Live running game.

4.Stop having the Same Freethrow
animation.. have Pictures and Stats while
they are at the FT LINE.

5.NBA on ESPN (MUSIC) and
(PRESENTATION). i Recommend tht

6.Have a better Commentary, Non scripted

7.More realistic dunks. EX. Live has always
had a crazy Windmill Dunk or Tomahawk

8.Better Post Play let Big men have Different
post moves not the same old post move
everytime .

9.when comming off the screen they should
pull up their shots better OR have a better
setup on the 3point Line.

10.Realer Alley hoops. Dnt let them go through players when they are trying to Jump for the Alley hoop.

11.Have players interact as they are
shooting Freethrows.

12.Have the Commentators go crazy after a
Great pass and Dunk

13.Stop making the Crowd aww after an
opponent hits a shot they almost everytime
its anoying

14.Make the Jersey and short's Alot more
Detailed and More Realer.

15.Watch players come into the game or
Come out the game

16.Realer and more Skin details

17.Have the music play smooth during a
timeout, Not that Crazy bumby music.

18.The Crowd goes crazy after a dunk,foul,
and A game winner. when he makes the Game winner have
the Team gather around him and Celebrate.

19.Halftime Highlights and have them tell
about what each team needs 2 do 2 win!

20.have the ingame announcer say DEFENSE
then the crowd will say defense and more
ingame chants.

21.More Body types at least 5 Different Types.

Dynasty/Become Legendary

Dynasty and For Become legendary Mode

1.http://youtu.be/fQQXQSoaaMA (Dynasty and Become Legendary)

2.Be Able to Control Player Contracts,If Players aren't Getting PlayTime then Have rumors go around that he wants to leave,and Basically look at past years games and see what could've been added to these options (Dynasty and Become Legendary)

3.'Off Court Things'
B.)Teammates pumps you up after a Timeout is called when you are doing Great. (Become Legendary)
C.)Optional: A Crib to Spend money or NBA fees, and Be able to sign with Sponsers.(Become Legendary)

4.And Other Offcourt actions.(Become Legendary)

5.PressConference (Dynasty or Become Legendary)

6.NBA Academy-In depth Traning workouts with the Team. Lifting weights,Sprints, 5 on 5 with an Coach Composer meter.(Dynasty and Become Legendary)

7.And Check this out for Dynasty its old be still ok..
http://youtu.be/k6JiphKoXS0------------ ... ----------
Making A Better Game.
TGz Champion

Postby Ermolli on Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:49 am

- There needs to be more variety of moves than one can do with the Total Control moves with the right stick
- There has to be an option to see how many timeouts each team has left. I lost one chance to tie the game after calling a timeout when I rebounded the ball to then realize I didn't have any left.
Ermolli

Postby Andrew on Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:25 am

That's something I made sure to mention; ability to specify a full or 20 second timeout and a display you can easily bring up to see how many you have left.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby jk31 on Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:50 pm

Just make the Gameplay like NBA 2k12 and add a working online Mode, than I'm happy...
jk31

Postby TGz Champion on Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:58 am

@UniversalNoob No offense but nobody wants another 2k bro were gonna make something even better than 2k. :roll:

2k Can have the Shot Stick. It doesnt have to be all about perfect shooting! We can use The Right Stick For, Dribbling ,freestyle Passing ,Defensive Lockdown ,Offensive Post Moves, and "Counter Post moves" in The paint.
Making A Better Game.
TGz Champion

Postby Andrew on Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:16 pm

Agreed. There are certainly elements of NBA 2K12's gameplay that I'd like to see in EA's game but there are still things that can be done better and I'd prefer they didn't ape NBA 2K12's controls completely.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Ermolli on Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:34 pm

I was thinking that with Elite's shooting controlls (if they keep the idea) there needs to help us (or at least me) how to shoot bank shots. I tried doing than on the Elite demo but there wasn't any good explanation about how to do it well and it feels unintuitive. Maybe if they added a light or a nonsaturated green next to the green (than represents a good shot) which means a good bank shot it would be more helpful and would encourage more players to do those shots when it's needed.
Here are some examples I did to show how was I thinking (the angles of your player should alter the bank shot sweet spot):

Champion92 wrote:@UniversalNoob No offense but nobody wants another 2k bro were gonna make something even better than 2k. :roll:

2k Can have the Shot Stick. It doesnt have to be all about perfect shooting! We can use The Right Stick For, Dribbling ,freestyle Passing ,Defensive Lockdown ,Offensive Post Moves, and "Counter Post moves" in The paint.

You're right. I want something different from 2K (one of the reasons I'm interested on the Elite aproach) but at the same time that it takes some things that 2K does really good and that EA's game becomes better than 2K simply because I want both companies trying their best to surpass each other.
Ermolli

Postby Andrew on Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:46 am

I'm in favour of having some kind of modifier to attempt bank shots. NBA 2K12's is alright - move the shot stick in another direction before releasing it - but it's kind of easy to accidentally release the shot stick too early when trying to do that, at least in my experience. NBA Live 10's method (move the stick towards the basket while in the air for a shot) worked alright as well.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Patr1ck on Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:57 am

The problem with 2k's method is the release point. They could have made it so much easier by having us move the shot stick to the side instead of down.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ermolli on Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:54 am

- Have the ability to create a team and have the option to use it as an expansion team. Maybe they could create the option like Fifa's Creation Center or NCAA's Teambuilder.
- Have the option to choose to begin Dynasty mode as an Assistant Coach and have limited things to do. If you perform well you can be offered to be HC of some team.
Ermolli

Postby Ermolli on Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:21 am

I think that the future game need immersive commentary, specially on Dynasty Mode and Become Legendary. I would like to hear the crew talk about free agent signings, trades and how they affect the teams, rumours, mvp talks, team and players under and overperforming.
Ermolli

Postby Kenny on Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:03 pm

I thought I'd bring this up since I actually had a dream about it last night. I think the new EA game should have a Greg Ostertag challenge. Basically you have to work Greg through a training camp and hopefully get him onto an NBA team. I'd be kind of like a My Player mode, except with Ostertag's age, it'd only last for 1 season. Come on EA, I know this is entirely possible!
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:49 pm

Cover player. ;)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby kolins on Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:42 am

Woud be grate, that OVR dont cant see in GM mode, and player can progress a huge in one season. Like from 50 to 80. And regress from good to worst in one year. Made a psihology effect on late game possesions for young players and old ones.
Make great interface. Make NBA.com alternative in GM mode.

My Player mode with more interwievs and off court acctions, like real life. Media day, summer training camp, national team games and etc.
Even when I'm old and grey, I won't be able to play it, but I'll still love the game.
kolins

Postby ReyVan27 on Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:10 pm

One thing i would like to see is like with Madden being able to choose black or white socks with a mixture of uniforms and then choosing the away or home shoes and also being able to customize sock colors with each player. Also with the edit player screen i personally would like to be able to edit what my player would wear during home and away games seperately so basically a screen where he wears these colors and shoes on home games and different ones on away games
ReyVan27

Postby Ermolli on Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:48 am

They need to translate this features to their basketball game:
phpBB [video]
Ermolli

Postby rafal723 on Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:15 am

(Y) WOW (Y) Huge options in Madden (so impressed to get this game). Especially stadium building and locating a team. If Elite 13 (I hope) has got it it's huge. Game of the year.
Sorry for my English. Linsanity (we remember)
"People can't do something themselves, they wanna tell you, you can't do it. You wanna something. Go get it ! Period." - Chris Gardner, Pursuit of Happyness
rafal723

Postby Ermolli on Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:24 am

rafal723 wrote:(Y) WOW (Y) Huge options in Madden (so impressed to get this game). Especially stadium building and locating a team. If Elite 13 (I hope) has got it it's huge. Game of the year.

Those Madden games were great and the Franchise mode during those times were really good and fun. I spent lots of hours playing that mode in Madden 06 even though I didn't know much about football. I wish Live 13 has this (or at least Live 14).
Ermolli

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 14