Official NLSC NBA Live 13 Wishlist Submitted

Talk about NBA Live 14 here. Archived discussion on NBA Live 13 and NBA Elite 11 can also be found in this section.

Re: Official NLSC EA Sports NBA Wishlist Submissions

Postby EA_Bailey on Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:59 am

I want to echo what Pdub said. We ARE looking at this list on a weekly if not more basis. We want to make a game the fans want, not a game we THINK fans want, so there is a VERY good chance ideas from this forum could make it into the game.
EA_Bailey

Postby Andrew on Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:47 am

Good to know. :)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:52 am

EA_Bailey wrote:I want to echo what Pdub said. We ARE looking at this list on a weekly if not more basis. We want to make a game the fans want, not a game we THINK fans want, so there is a VERY good chance ideas from this forum could make it into the game.

cool (Y) personally, i was a fan of Live 10 and was hoping Elite 11 would build upon what you already had there, but I guess I'll have to fire up the demo again and give my thoughts.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby JaoSming on Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:36 pm

One thing that keeps drawing me back to Backbreaker is the fact that no matter what I do, no 2 plays in that game will EVER be the same (at least not visually).

This needs to be implemented in the next EA basketball game. I'm not saying that you guys need to do what my first wishlist post said and use physics for limb/backboard/rim interactions (although, that would be really really really nice :mrgreen:) but instead do something I talked to Marcus about over at OS before he left.

"Generic" animations getting modified depending on what player is doing them. The same basic dunk animation could be performed by Big Baby and LeBron in their dunk packages....except when LeBron does that dunk, he jumps higher in the air than Mr Davis and maybe cocks the ball back a bit further. If Paul Pierce and Chris Paul perform the same dribble move (assuming freestyle dribbling is still around) CP3's animation should be quicker, and have a wider range of movement than PP's. Maybe even the dribble is lower to the ground?

I love basketball for the unpredictability of any given play. Very rarely do you see any 2 plays in real life, by different players, that could be represented by the same animations from a game. If using the Fight Night animation technology to modify animations from collisions cannot be used, then modifying generic animations "on the fly" would be a great way to give us something different each play.

That said, no basketball game has properly recreated the crowded sidelines of the real NBA courts. At whistles, halftime, and end of games the court gets flooded with security, cameras, interviewers and the bench. I'd love to see that implemented.

A recap show with highlights during dynasty would be fantastic.

Being able to, by ourselves or though EA updates, modify haircuts and facial hair during the season for NBA players would be a great plus as well.

Of course, create a jersey, court, stadium for existing teams would be another creative community aspect to the game. (along with create a team)

That's all I can think of for right now that I didnt say in the 2nd post of this thread.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby doktor on Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:06 pm

i would like that in dinsty mod we can be some of trainers.ex i use strenght trainer and if i force KG too much his shots tommorow will be shot you need to hold his shot longer,but if i tran him well he will be stronger in the paint,more % that he will make shot with foul and some of those things,and definite pass control that i know when i will pass ot of the floor or directly,and if i hold pass and :arrow: then player passes the ball to the player wich is on right site of him.and Skills chalenge i think it would be very exciting to play..I Know we will make BETTER game then 2k next year (Y)
GO CELTICS! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m1SUaAXR5Y It is all about playing with HEART!

My little nba live 08 thread viewtopic.php?f=75&t=79496
Just started live 05 thread viewtopic.php?f=42&t=84449
http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/5830/16567.gif
doktor

Postby car88935 on Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:19 am

Here's what I would like:
1. An NBA Street game mode.
2. The ability to edit gear for each jersey (so it's more realistic than the team or 2nd team because then the player's gear are more accurate than 2k11.
3. Classic teams like in 2K11.
4. Legends decade teams like the old NBA Live's
5.Bring back the All-Star Weekend events.
car88935

Postby JaoSming on Sun May 01, 2011 10:12 pm

fantasy drafts should always be an option

it doesn't apply here since they are starting from scratch, but IMO there is no good reason to remove any feature.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Stress Fracture on Sun May 01, 2011 11:49 pm

I wish EA improve the ratings of some FIBA teams. Some ratings just suck.
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby Patr1ck on Mon May 02, 2011 11:12 am

Animations are a part of graphics.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby champsbasketball on Tue May 03, 2011 10:59 am

something that would be kool is the reb button should work in 4 was if you tap it you grab the reb, if you hold the button down and push the analog stick toward the basket you do a put back dunk if your in the right postion and the right person(D Howard), if you hold and it down and push the stick to the left in the air you pass it left, samething pushing right, or backward. Also let us pick if we want to throw a bounce pass, chest pass, lob pass in the post. Also make it so that we can wear our headsets and call plays and if we play on myplayer or become legendary mode we should be able to tell our teammates when to pass or if were going for a lob play and call for help. We should be able to make our on plays like in College Hoops 2k8. make our own lay-up and dunk packages. download my picture on the game for the become legendary mode or whatever if will be called :D . after the games the coach telling you what you should work on and how to prepard for the next team. Also have it give you the option in become legendary mode were the we can do trades or it just updates the real trade during the season. And make it so that when we play in season or single player mode that in the offseason we can workout in the gym and put on weight; ex. if i'm 165 i can go to 175 or 185 to 200 and it shows on your body on the court you are big and stronger. (Y)
champsbasketball

Postby kidfresh954 on Mon May 09, 2011 3:55 am

Ok i dont have a problem with gamplay it can be better but im not going to touch that base if you guys actually read this stuff have an official forum that you ea sports nba live production team run in order to develop a fan based game instead of all these forums all over town we the people wat o feel and knw were being heard so the only way is if you ea sports nba live host your own official feedback forum please it makes more sense if you actually care but any ways......

My problem and im sure this is mostly every ones problem as well even talking to people online when i comes to create a player and creating a my player or whatever please go in dept with faces when in comes to creating a player if you guys have to do what the fight night series did do so it shouldent be no excuse you guys had a whole two years nearly we want more authentic faces, facial hair and if you have to make options to have another basketball players tatoo templates to choose from so be it were all tired of the lowsy ugly crayon facial hair, marker tatoo looking players we buy these game because we want to feel like were the player as most as pssible. theres no HORAS GRANT gogles nothing no RIP HAMILTON face gaurds nothing please ea sports NBA LIVE SERIES if you see this take it in consideraion cause for the past years theres been some very lowsy create a players i dont mean to offened yo guys or make you made but 2k is eating your lunch with this stuff but dont get me wrong they suck with the facial hair and tattoo's to but i bet they will get it right dont let 2k show you off how some pride thank you if your reading this and being sincer about it and taking it serious
kidfresh954

Postby MurdaMase on Sat May 14, 2011 5:19 am

EA_Bailey,

NBA on ESPN 13 Where Amazing Happens
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4-iyUpa ... re=related

Please go all out with the physics.

Limb contact

Players losing balance

Players tripping

Physics on dunks

Give us the ability to get off shots after contact is made but its still based on shot stick skills

Give the ability to make a pass if our player lose balance example at 1:10 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4-iyUpa ... re=related

Controls

Every angle on the analog need to account for a move but EA need to give us more control than 2k's offerings. No holding a button to watch moves be performed everything user controlled.

Add dribble styles for basic dribble moves

Signature size up moves- performed from stand still

Split the double team moves

Trick moves to get out of tight situations example D. Wade #1 move in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr7zh5euqtY

In air body control-lean left, right, back, forward, 180, and 360

Animations

Give players the following signature animations

Size up moves

Jumpshots

Fade away jumpshots

Signature dunks- a lot of dunks is the same but some players get up higher and cock the ball back further than others

Celebrations

Free style passing

Add throwing the ball off a defender- (up on the analog) this could create some highlight moments like when D. Wade threw the ball off his defender on a inbound play or when players try to save the ball
MurdaMase

Postby Andrew on Sun May 15, 2011 8:13 am

Nice list, MurdaMase. Welcome to the Forum!
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby MurdaMase on Tue May 17, 2011 4:44 am

Thanks Andrew

A few other things I forgot to mention

Fake pass-Tap the pass button to pass and hold for a fake pass

NBA rules-Make sure you get all the foul calls in the game and at times the refs make the wrong calls

Blocking shots-Give us the ability to swap at the ball with in-air body control

Add in a step back move for post play defenders so when a player is backing down real hard the defender can step back so the player can fall or lose balance and get called for the travel. Cant overdue this because it don't happen that often but it would be nice to have for another defensive tool

Inbound alley oops
MurdaMase

Postby Andrew on Tue May 17, 2011 9:33 am

Agreed on all counts, though having refs get calls wrong might be difficult to implement. I wouldn't be surprised if the NBA was against it too (as they are with unsportsmanlike technicals/fights being included), as they usually stand by the officials.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby dascoot on Tue May 17, 2011 9:26 pm

1) I hope they have a PC version. I hope they have where you can update the rosters.

2) I would like to see a mock draft that looks like a mock draft board you'd see on www.nbadraft.net

3) Draft List would be fun to implent into this game. It would be one thing that 2K doesn't have.

4) Give me some mini games to play like Round The world, Horse, Nickels and Dimes.
dascoot

Postby MurdaMase on Wed May 18, 2011 5:27 am

Please add more camera views we had the same 4 for 30 years lol.
MurdaMase

Postby Andrew on Wed May 18, 2011 10:04 am

dascoot wrote:1) I hope they have a PC version. I hope they have where you can update the rosters.

No doubt. We're still seeking signatures for our PC Petition, hopefully we can have an impact with it. At least we'll be able to send it in through the right channels.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby MurdaMase on Fri May 20, 2011 5:59 pm

I know this is a soccer video but the Impact engine need to be implemented in EA b-ball game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6WnNDieX1w

Impact

May 20, 2011 Tom Mills
FIFA 12: Impact Engine

As already detailed in a recent post, the collision system for FIFA12 has been rewritten from the ground up. It’s called the impact engine, it’s almost certainly the biggest change being made this year and we were lucky enough to see it running recently. The impact engine is designed to change the way player models interact with each other on the pitch, from the slightest knock through to a full speed clattering, it’s all going to be different.

[DISCLAIMER] The videos that we saw were from both the Test Bed environment and live FIFA 12 gameplay. Whilst what we saw was incredibly impressive, these videos are chosen with the express intent of demonstrating the new FIFA 12 features as simply as possible. FIFASoccerBlog will not be providing a definitive opinion on these new features until we get our hands on the game, we’re simply going to relay what we saw and what we were told.

More than one collision point = more organic collisions - Previously when players came together, one point of contact was taken into consideration and a premade animation was played based on that single contact, which left times where the outcome of a tackle looked nothing like it should have done based on the context of the collision. In FIFA12 players can now make contact with each other at more than one point giving much more fluid and natural collisions.

Momentum preservation - Players carry momentum into their tackles, meaning that the speed at which you hit someone will change the way you collide. Go in lightly and you’re less likely to upset them, steam into them and you’re going to do some damage. Players can carry on through minor collisions. It’s an isolated example but we did see a particularly meaty collision that caused a front flip and yes, it was fucking hilarious.

Less premade animations – No longer will the CPU be picking the best effort from a list of premade animations. Now animations can be worked out, in real time, taking many points into consideration. The result? More fluid animations that bear much more relation to the action that triggered them. Coupled with….

More intelligent animation resolution - …..and multiple points of contact, tackling and player contact should feel a lot more fluid and a lot less cagey. To quote Aaron McHardy, “the variety is almost endless”. We saw a head on collision result in one player get sent flying on to his back whereas one from the side caught the player enough to rotate him.

Real world physics - Player can take knocks but keep the ball, bounce off challenges and generally make contact with other players, which they will react to, but that won’t neccesarily force them to go down or to lose the ball.

No masking – Animations are no longer used to “mask” the contact made between players. Everything is calculated considering the factors above.

The new engine not only looks very impressive but opens the door for True Injuries. A huge step away from the seemingly random injury model that’s currently in place, True Injuries means that the on pitch action can have a real impact (excuse the pun) on how players injure themselves. Players can injure themselves by landing awkwardly, streching muscles or twisting limbs. This should have a huge effect on CM, with players being able to re-injure previous problem points and even pick up career niggles such as persistent knee problems.
MurdaMase

Postby Andrew on Sat May 21, 2011 11:25 am

Seems like that would be great for the physics, though it's something they should work on in the background and get completely right before they implement it. That's where they went wrong with the Real Time Physics and other overhauled features in NBA Elite 11, the concepts were solid but there wasn't enough polish.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Patr1ck on Sun May 22, 2011 3:01 am

I think they should implement physics in key areas of the game.
If they can keep the ball live like it was in the elite demo and use physics for ground collisions while having a wide variety of in air mo capped collisions to keep them realistic looking, that would be nice.
Then, they can implement physics in other areas of the game in future versions.
It's important not to try to do too much, but optimize what they do have, then improve other areas in future versions.
Building a foundation that allows them to improve areas of the game without having to completely scrap them when they have a new idea is also important, especially when you consider newer versions down the line.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MurdaMase on Sun May 22, 2011 10:57 am

That would be going back to 2 man animations and that's what EA need to get away from if they want to compete with 2k. In my eyes EA's only chance is with Real Physics because it eliminate a lot of mo-capping if those physical animations play out in real time. If I was EA I would do mo-cap animations for dribble styles, signature size-ups, post moves, jumpshots, fadeaways, and let real physics handle the rest. That's the only way EA can win gameplay wise and they better believe 2k is going to integrate real physics in their game soon.
MurdaMase

Postby Patr1ck on Sun May 22, 2011 11:16 am

If you look at the elite demo in air collisions, they have a long way to go. The players snapped from one animation to another, didn't look realistic at all, didn't have that meshing of physical bodies. Also, just mo capping animations and programming them in is easier, but with physics, there are all these calculations that need to be made. I don't want ea to back pedal, but I don't want an unfinished game, either.
I think ea should use what works, and what they know how to do well, while, like Andrew said, working on the physics on the side until it's ready.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Sun May 22, 2011 11:37 am

I really feel that's the best approach, given how constantly trying to rebuild the series and implement new tech has set the series back just as much as sticking what what they've got already. I'd much rather they take what works, beef up the AI and make full use of DNA and the like, while developing and polishing up the new physics until it's truly ready.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Patr1ck on Sun May 22, 2011 11:44 am

Totally agree on the ai. I'll take great strategic game play over advancements in technology.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 14