NBA Elite E3 Impressions (Kotaku)

Talk about NBA Live 14 here. Archived discussion on NBA Live 13 and NBA Elite 11 can also be found in this section.

NBA Elite E3 Impressions (Kotaku)

Postby Andrew on Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:08 pm

Owen Good has posted some impressions of NBA Elite 11 following some hands-on time with the game at E3, which you can check out here. He talks about the new Hands-On Control and mentions that the finished game will include tutorials to help gamers get used to the new controls while shooting around in the practice gym.

Thanks to benji for the heads up.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: NBA Elite E3 Impressions (Kotaku)

Postby benji on Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:51 pm

At this rate I'll have James' job as News Editor.
benji

Postby shadowgrin on Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:43 am

You're still no journalist.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby wabenne on Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:25 am

Very limited information from the E3 I guess I understand why Elite is so focus on only showing and informing us about the new dribbling controls and shooting but I really am looking to hear about more gameplay modes, or how has the game been giving more depth and replay value. New Controls won't be enough. I mean of course 2k had way more depth and replay value but after reading there E3 impression you see them adding to the depth showing players getting off the bus. I need live to provide the feelling of the basketball world and while I guess there is still time it just seems like enough with the new control and shooting we heard about that what else have you done. Are graphics better? Is there more depth to the dynasty mode? Are you giving us the choice how many games we want to play in a season? Have you brought back 3 point and dunk contest (pivitol to a basketball game)? Have you added the ability to be able to play one on one/two on two/ so on and so on? Don't know if I'm being impatient or just ready to hear about something else other then RS for your hands and LS for you feet.
wabenne

Postby shadowgrin on Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:38 am

wabenne wrote:I mean of course 2k had way more depth and replay value but after reading there E3 impression you see them adding to the depth showing players getting off the bus.

HAHAHAHAH!!!

Have you brought back 3 point and dunk contest (pivitol to a basketball game).

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Sauru on Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:05 am

yup this pretty much means i wont be playing basketball games anymore. i hate the damn analog controls, bad enough i was forced to use them to move but to use them to shoot also?
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:09 am

According to the GameSpot Q&A from a couple of weeks back, classic/face button controls will be available for those who want them but won't be as deep as the stick controls. Think Freestyle Control on the keyboard, I'd say.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:43 pm

Seems the original link isn't working, updated with a working one. If you haven't read the article yet, you can check it out here:
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2010/06/nba-el ... good-shot/
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 14