Debut Vision Developer Diary (Demo in September)

Talk about NBA Live 14 here. Archived discussion on NBA Live 13 and NBA Elite 11 can also be found in this section.

Debut Vision Developer Diary (Demo in September)

Postby benji on Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:18 am

Last edited by benji on Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
benji

Re: Debut Vision Developer Diary (Demo in September)

Postby JaoSming on Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:21 am

bah beat me to it

nice quote Patrick

games looks like ass right now, bit WIP saves it I guess....didnt like the demo they showed for the physics either.

oh well, Demo in September
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby ThaLiveKing on Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:23 am

FINALLY U CAN DUNK ON PEOPLE AGAIN LOL
ThaLiveKing

Postby Cool2Fool on Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:41 am

Horrible graphic especially clothe physic....
compare to nba live 08 lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeJoMAAfg2k
You would of expect graphic to be better but it's getting worse and worse what the heck lolz....
Cool2Fool

Postby Andrew on Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:48 am

Thanks for the heads up. (Y)

WIP video always have to be taken with a grain of salt, I'm still taking an optimistic approach with the changes. I thought that up-and-under layup by Jennings where he switched hands looked pretty slick. Hopefully the dunking-on animations are cleaned up a bit and players don't always fall down, but nice to know we'll be able to do that.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby dexvex on Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:08 am

Cool2Fool wrote:Horrible graphic especially clothe physic....
compare to nba live 08 lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeJoMAAfg2k
You would of expect graphic to be better but it's getting worse and worse what the heck lolz....

If they are gonna have true real time physics some things are gonna have to be sacrificed. Lets just hppe they are worth it
dexvex

Postby Andrew on Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:15 am

And again, it's WIP footage. Maybe that problem will still exist in the final version, maybe it won't, but it's too early to say there won't be any improvement or polish on the aesthetics.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby dennis09 on Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:44 am

what a dissapointed graphics you see thats what happen when you are just depending on one person Mike Wang
because EA is so dependent you see if Mike Wang did not work in NBA Live10 will nba live gets more beautiful and more feature is say no coz theyre just depending on him unlike 2k even if mike wang is gone they got even more improved and add more feature...

THATS WHAT HAPPEN TO YOU EA!!!!! WHEN YOU ARE SO DEPENDABLE
WHAT A SHAME.. GOODBYE TO YOUR PRODUCT
dennis09

Postby Cool2Fool on Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:52 am

dennis09 wrote:what a dissapointed graphics you see thats what happen when you are just depending on one person Mike Wang
because EA is so dependent you see if Mike Wang did not work in NBA Live10 will nba live gets more beautiful and more feature is say no coz theyre just depending on him unlike 2k even if mike wang is gone they got even more improved and add more feature...

Ryan Santos is their artist.....
I thought they are working from nba live 10? If you go back to nba live 10 footage, you see better jerysey and moving on them. Dont tell me Elite 11 is downgraded becuase the Rim didn't even move on the dunks and only the shorts move and jersey look ps2. I know it's early but is it really that early? They been working on this for 8 moths and it look like this? I'm just worried and hoping im wrong :)
Cool2Fool

Postby TUSS11 on Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:00 pm

It looks like it'll be possible to manually perform Jamal Crawford's "Shake 'n Bake" move. Dribble behind your back one way then pro-hop back to the other side. This is how games should be. Can't wait.
TUSS11

Postby Andrew on Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:26 pm

Cool2Fool wrote:
dennis09 wrote:what a dissapointed graphics you see thats what happen when you are just depending on one person Mike Wang

Ryan Santos is their artist.....
I thought they are working from nba live 10? If you go back to nba live 10 footage, you see better jerysey and moving on them. Dont tell me Elite 11 is downgraded becuase the Rim didn't even move on the dunks and only the shorts move and jersey look ps2. I know it's early but is it really that early? They been working on this for 8 moths and it look like this? I'm just worried and hoping im wrong :)

I understand where you're coming from but honestly, I'm not too concerned at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a now-oudated build simply for early demonstration purposes. Time will tell but like I said before, WIP videos should be taken with a grain of salt.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby dennis09 on Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:59 pm

Your right andrew we will just see the true appearance of the game when it is fully worked
i got misunderstood
dennis09

Postby ThaLiveKing on Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:38 pm

To be honest it looks like Live is going back to the old days, but adding more depth to their game, cause back in the day you could pull off crossover, dunk ons etc so much more easier than now, and with the loosened up gameplay that equal more fast breaks
ThaLiveKing

Postby shadowgrin on Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:58 pm

ThaLiveKing wrote:the loosened up gameplay that equal more fast breaks

...and more fastbreak equals more dunkz! Win!
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby dennis09 on Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:29 pm

yeah thats what ive seen live this year in nba live 10 more fast breaks and movement but very less gameplay unrealistic and also the cut scenes are so unrealistic during the celebration fast cut scenes unrealistic only the court, the lighting, player faces not models jerseys, shoes,and balls are realistic and the others are not including crowds,sideline characters and referees thats all i can say also theyre skin tone is too watery and plasticky sorry to tell this to you EA but your game is horrible when it comes to NBA also ncaa.., to be honest
dennis09

Postby atlwarrior on Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:15 pm

I think people are putting too much thought in to it. Its obviously an early build. Brandon Jennings is shooting with his right hand! Come on now. But not too worried they also mention at OS that many of the developers from nba live 2005 development team have returned. But I will say the guys in the video are not that convincing :) .
atlwarrior

Postby wabenne on Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:10 am

Ok, at this point I don't know or maybe understand what you guys are looking at number I keep hearing about the graphics when obviously the purpose of that video was just to demonstrate that they are trying to give the user more control of the players. I hear a lot of complaints about the graphics but no one really talking about the good things in the video like:

-Fixing the "suction" problem that was in live 10 when u was just be suck in and loose the ball.
-Obviously the Dribbling and moves look better and more fluent
-Actually seen someone get dunk on and at least the defensive player fell instead of the dunker going through him or him just backing up.
-The left hand reverse lay-up at the end was new and nice, as well as the end where Jennings did the 1,2 side step to the shot
-Also Jennings looked like Jennings as far as his build he didn't look all bulky like a muscle builder like they do in 2k.

So I guess I just don't understand why we are complaing about an early build of the game when this video wasn't meant to show updated graphis but updated control on the offensive player as far as dribbling and shot. It seems people either just want to hate on the game or are just really want Elite to be good and so everything that will come out on this game if it doesn't look great something will be said about it. So again I've seen good things out of this video. I'm taking into consideration that even though the video was just put up obviously it was created and recorded further back thus they still have work to do. On top of that this is not any gameplay video I will reserve my graphic judgement until I start seeing gameplay video and hanger video where they are really practicing or playing.
wabenne

Postby wabenne on Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:28 am

Also I wonder did anybody see that for the entire video of Jennings and I believe Durant is had in big writing on the left "Work in Progress" in other words they are trying to tell you don't start all the judging because this video isn't meant to be a represtation of the final product but this video is simply to give you insight on what we are trying to do as far as giving you control on the shooting and dribbling. No one can deny that the dribbling and lay-up/dunk animations look better then 10 and 10 was at least an improvement. Also no one mentions the nice blocking animation and the fact that it was said work had been done. It was nice to see that we the block happened you could tell the hand really made contact with the ball and not only that because the defensive player only hit the ball the momentum of the dunker continued to the basket hands on the rim and all. So I pleased with the video based on what it was trying to show
wabenne

Postby Cool2Fool on Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:29 am

wabenne wrote:Ok, at this point I don't know or maybe understand what you guys are looking at number I keep hearing about the graphics when obviously the purpose of that video was just to demonstrate that they are trying to give the user more control of the players. I hear a lot of complaints about the graphics but no one really talking about the good things in the video like:

-Fixing the "suction" problem that was in live 10 when u was just be suck in and loose the ball.
-Obviously the Dribbling and moves look better and more fluent
-Actually seen someone get dunk on and at least the defensive player fell instead of the dunker going through him or him just backing up.
-The left hand reverse lay-up at the end was new and nice, as well as the end where Jennings did the 1,2 side step to the shot
-Also Jennings looked like Jennings as far as his build he didn't look all bulky like a muscle builder like they do in 2k.

So I guess I just don't understand why we are complaing about an early build of the game when this video wasn't meant to show updated graphis but updated control on the offensive player as far as dribbling and shot. It seems people either just want to hate on the game or are just really want Elite to be good and so everything that will come out on this game if it doesn't look great something will be said about it. So again I've seen good things out of this video. I'm taking into consideration that even though the video was just put up obviously it was created and recorded further back thus they still have work to do. On top of that this is not any gameplay video I will reserve my graphic judgement until I start seeing gameplay video and hanger video where they are really practicing or playing.

aren't u worried man? The video wasnt meant to show updated graphic or they didn't have any updated graphic to show?
I dont think EA would do that if they have updated graphic and just decide not to show it because it doesn't make sense marketing wise.
Cool2Fool

Postby wabenne on Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:36 am

well its not that I'm worried I'm simply stating that off of that video i'm not trying to judge graphics because its obviously an early build and what they were trying to show is about dribbling and shooting and control. I'm saying that most of the comments dismiss the fact that the control looks better that the lay-ups and dunk animations as well as the block animations look a lot better. So it just seem like everyone goes to the negative instead of looking at the good. I'm saying I def believe that 2010 graphics were improving so I think at least in 11 touch ups will be made making the game better just saying its to early in June to suggest that the graphics that you seen in the video are the final graphics again we have seen no gameplay, no hanger mode or anything. So I will reserve my judgement on that later but just judging what the video was about I was impressed
wabenne

Postby Patr1ck on Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:45 am

Cool. I hope they don't show any video footage of us, lol.

Looks like they improved some of the foot planting from the build we played.

That blocking animation still needs a lot of work, imo.

As for graphics, I recall the devs saying they are one of the last things to put in the game.

Only thing I don't like about that dunk-on is that the offensive player is not affected by the collision in any way. Getting dunked on should not cause the defender to fall every time.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ThaLiveKing on Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:16 am

Are they going to show more of this game during E3? or is that all?
ThaLiveKing

Postby Andrew on Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:25 pm

EA's announced their E3 lineup and Elite's apparently going to be there, so seems there'll be more info/media coming soon.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby ThaLiveKing on Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:51 am

shadowgrin wrote:
ThaLiveKing wrote:the loosened up gameplay that equal more fast breaks

...and more fastbreak equals more dunkz! Win!

If the collision animations are properly done you can stop fast breaks or break them up, NBA live and 2k you can't even have a running game, even if they say that teams run offense like their true counterparts. Its hard to fast break and control fast breaks in any game. the last game where you can fast break properly was NBA 2k7, which is still one of the TOP bball games of all time lol. The old lives you can run whenever you want and get easy buckets, that's why people loved the old games. If EA can pull it off for Elite, it would be a big plus, cause not every one wants to set plays and run down the clock
ThaLiveKing

Postby Andrew on Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:28 am

NBA Live 06 had pretty good fast break logic as well, the last time in the NBA Live/Elite series that CPU teammates were consistent in running to the basket rather than fading to the three point line and stopping the break dead even when you've got numbers.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 14