Realistic Touches That Need to Be Added To Elite 11

Talk about NBA Live 14 here. Archived discussion on NBA Live 13 and NBA Elite 11 can also be found in this section.

Realistic Touches That Need to Be Added To Elite 11

Postby bigball12 on Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:04 pm

I will get right to it:

* I won't even mention Technical fouls, as I know the NBA will not permit the companies to put them in their products

* Clear Path Fouls (The lack of clear patch fouls get abused way too much online. This game is great, but it really reflects on some of the unrealistic aspects of the game, and to have an actual rule lacking in a sim basketball game is a bit embarrassing.)

* Kick Ball Violation

* Jump Balls during the game (There needs to be a wrap-up animation for the ball, resulting in a jump ball. this seems like something that could happen a lot, so try and limit the animation to maybe one time a game)

* Players really get injured (The addition of injury animations are aesthetically pleasing, but the lack of a result really make them pointless. Have players actually get hurt, and miss game time.)

* Get rid of the crowd saying 'Threeee' every time the home team shoots a 3. (It is really unrealistic, and just makes the atmosphere very tacky.)

* Alter the intensity of the bench players being out of their seats almost the entire game. The score may be 54-30, and they will still be going crazy. Please keep it realistic.

* Add Assistant Coaches, and trainers, injured players behind the bench in a second row.

* Have players get up off of the bench when their substitution is called. (A realistic touch, have the player go to the scorer's table, and check in. Not too much to ask)

Live/Elite is undoubtedly the better franchise in our eyes. The one thing 2K has though is some realistic effects. Almost everything mentioned here is in 2K, and could easily be added to Elite, only making Elite the best NBA video game experience ever!
bigball12

Re: Realistic Touches That Need to Be Added To Elite 11

Postby Andrew on Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:00 pm

bigball12 wrote:Live/Elite is undoubtedly the better franchise in our eyes. The one thing 2K has though is some realistic effects.

As much as I'm a fan of the series, I wouldn't go that far (though I do think it's done some nice things the past couple of years that it doesn't get enough credit for). As for your suggestions, all good points.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby bigball12 on Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:08 am

Andrew wrote:As much as I'm a fan of the series, I wouldn't go that far (though I do think it's done some nice things the past couple of years that it doesn't get enough credit for). As for your suggestions, all good points.

To be honest mate, I think so. 2K is too slow for me and really is not that fun to play. The animations are very stiff, and the game is not as fun as Live is to me. I probably outplayed Live 10' over 2k 90% to 10% this year. the only thing I used 2k for was to play an online association with my M8. I put Lebron, Bosh and TP9 on the Knicks, and we both played the CPU.
bigball12

Postby Andrew on Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:32 am

When it comes to game modes, It's no contest with the depth of Association and My Player mode. That's why I found the mention of improved game modes as well as introducing the real time physics and new shooting controls in the GameSpot Q&A very encouraging. You really need that all around experience for the game to have any kind of longevity.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 14