Happy about this atleast I think....

Talk about NBA Live 14 here. Archived discussion on NBA Live 13 and NBA Elite 11 can also be found in this section.

Happy about this atleast I think....

Postby wabenne on Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:41 am

The Elite 11 Q&A with gamespot did make it official that the controls would be different but he did reference that we could still use the face buttons if we wanted to but wouldn't want to. But I'm glad that they are giving us the option.

Now on the other hand I was afraid when I heard these new developments of changing the shot to the analog stick that this would be just like 2k. While I think 2k is a great game one thing I hated in the controls, for example that the left analog stick was the actually directional (feet movement) stick, as well as the dribbling (moves) stick at times it makes the player go wild because of trying to control the dribble and direction at the same time. So I was glad to hear that the Left stick in Elite 11 is just for the direction of the players feet which way he wants to go and that even with the change that the Right stick will still be for dribbling. I think this makes the player more controllable. I guess that the Rstick becomes the shoot button if you press like L2 or something with it not sure yet how it will convert from dribble to shoot button. And Ideas?
wabenne

Re: Happy about this atleast I think....

Postby koberulz on Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:05 am

'Shoot' is right stick up, as explained in the interview.
koberulz
Everything I say is false.

Re: Happy about this atleast I think....

Postby wabenne on Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:09 am

so then what happens with the spin move in live cause that use to be right stick up, so u think crossovers will be side to side, but then what about between the legs I thought those were like corner right and corner left of the analog. My thinking was that a L or R button will be pushed while dribbling and not when your ready to shoot or the other way around. Guess we will have to wait and see.
wabenne

Return to NBA Live 14