(gamespot) Elite 11 Interview

Talk about NBA Live 14 here. Archived discussion on NBA Live 13 and NBA Elite 11 can also be found in this section.

(gamespot) Elite 11 Interview

Postby Jano23 on Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:40 am

Interview with David Littman:

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/sports/nbal ... ws;title;2

A lot of exciting stuff in this years game, just hope it looks and plays as well as it sounds on paper
Jano23

Re: (gamespot) Elite 11 Interview

Postby [Hyperize] on Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:46 am

Damn, screenshots already? Very nice find dude. (Y)

[Hyperize]

Postby Andrew on Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:15 pm

Thanks for the heads up! :)

This naturally caught my eye:

Make the gamer the star of the game--Gameplay is only a piece of the puzzle. There are modes both online and offline where I thought the NBA game was lacking. That is not an issue anymore. (More to come on these modes at a later date.)

This suggests that attention has been paid to Dynasty Mode this year (or whatever it's going to be called if it too has been re-branded). Definitely encouraging news. (Y)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby The X on Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:40 pm

Missed that when reading. Nice pickup (Y)

I sincerely hope both games are very good (Y)
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:43 pm

If it's about Dynasty or another game mode, you know it'll catch my eye. ;)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby cam on Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:06 pm

It was good to see that they are pushing the emphasis on 'simulation' and not the opposite, which I think many of us were fearing with the name change and early feedback.

I have to say that it all sounds very promising (but doesn't it every year?)
cam

Postby shadowgrin on Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:29 pm

Overall, the game will suck, but I think the controls will be fantastic. Quote me in November or December.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Andrew on Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:35 pm

NBA Live 10 didn't suck, so Elite has a good chance of at least being a solid game...if the controls work out and attention has indeed been paid to the game modes.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Arcane on Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:38 pm

some very cool things were mentioned including the option for both button and new free control.
Arcane
The NLSC's Jim Jefferies
NLSC Team Member

Postby shadowgrin on Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:49 pm

True about Live 10, but even before the other games (NHL, FIFA, Fight Night) changed their controls they already had built a solid foundation for their respective franchise while EA's Elite only has Live 10 (or also Live 09) to really build upon.

The real time physics and controls are intriguing and I want it to be implemented successfully so that other games from their current and future competitors will follow suit or even surpass it, but as you said the other game modes need to be also focused on unless the game ends up with only glorified exhibition matches outside of online mode because of the great controls and physics. The way I see it a year isn't really sufficient to improve/add game modes, implement real time physics and add a different control scheme. One of those has to suffer because of the previously mentioned reasons.

Nothing to it if I'm proven wrong, but that's probably an explanation on me guessing about the game's reception upon release in my previous post.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Andrew on Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:46 pm

Agreed, it seems impossible that they'll achieve everything they want within one production cycle, but hopefully the results are at least satisfactory. It's encouraging to hear about those other game modes even as they're talking about brand new things that appear to be this year's marquee features.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby wabenne on Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:52 am

I agree with you guys NBA lIve 2010 built a solid foundation for where it was going making some big improvments but obviously the game lacked in depth compared to a 2k that had an indepth "Association Mode" "NBA Blacktop" where you could play 1on1, 2on2, 3on3, 4on4, 5on5. you could practice freethrows and they would keep percentages, scimmages and so much more. If 2k did beat Live in 2010 is was defiently in the depth of the game so if Elite once to be competative it has to get more to the depth of the game not just in Dynasty mode (which is more important) but just in the overall things we can do in the game.

Now with that said and after playing 2k10 live is def lagging in the moves department so I totally understand them changing the controls to give the gamer more control of the player and of course u can do more with the shot on the stick then you can with a button for example as the Creative Director said switching hands in the air. But 2k already does that and a lot of other stuff. So my thing is Elite has to understand that this is not groundbreaking this is catching up. So therefore the focus has to be on Dynasty and the overall adding up depth to the game and things that we are allowed to do that will make Elite on top again. I like what was being said in the gamespot article but we all meet that with skepticism because of how we are always hearing this will be the best game and this will change basketball then after one season or half a season we don't want to play anymore. More then people just liking 2k better I think we got frustrated with Live. Like 2k even gives the option of 29,56 or 82 games like what in Live producers minds are telling them that gamers don't want that option they have taken away to much control for the gamers.
wabenne

Return to NBA Live 14