NBA Live 11 renamed to NBA Elite 11

Talk about NBA Live 14 here. Archived discussion on NBA Live 13 and NBA Elite 11 can also be found in this section.

Re: NBA Live 11 renamed to NBA Elite 11

Postby fluidmind on Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:29 pm

Andrew:
I really hope those improvements won't come at the expense of Dynasty Mode again as I completely agree that it's in desperate need of an overhaul.

Wabenne:
I mean the first info should have been the man problems like a more complex dynasty mode...

Axelgomez13:
The main things I'm looking for in Elite 11 is improved dynasty mode (which I don't see that happening this year, I'd love to be proved wrong though),

I think the above replies from you guys over the last 18 hours prove that Dynasty Mode is what the fans would like to get improved first of all. That doesn't mean that EA should just stop developing better controls, shooting concepts, animations and game modes. That also needs continouos improvement - definately. But right now there is one area of the game which is hopelessly behind.

After having given things some thought, though, I now better understand that EA can't let their first announcement be "we've fixed the Dynasty Mode, which has been pretty lousy up to this point". They need to come up with something new and groundbreaking to make people excited. And the improved gameplay concepts and the name change is exactly that. I think the next press releases, interviews or updates on the newly launched Elite 11 site will give a better indication of how much effort they have actually put into developing the Dynasty Mode. I am very affraid I will once again get disappointed, but I keep my fingers crossed...
fluidmind

Postby Andrew on Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:37 pm

Absolutely. They've been fairly open about the shortcomings in recent years but obviously they want to put a positive spin on things and fair enough. Having read that snippet in the GameSpot article that mentioned online and offline game modes, I'm feeling a bit more hopeful that there'll be more improvements and new stuff than just the name and shooting controls.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Axel The Great on Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:35 am

Hey my name actually looks cool when capitalized! Thanks for giving me the idea! :cool:
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Previous

Return to NBA Live 14