What Live 11 NEEDS

Talk about NBA Live 14 here. Archived discussion on NBA Live 13 and NBA Elite 11 can also be found in this section.

What Live 11 NEEDS

Postby needcollec on Sat May 01, 2010 12:33 pm

First Off I’m Going To Start This By Saying That All My Ideas Will Probably Be Scattered throughout This Post For Example I Might Say Something About The Post Ups Now And The Post Ups Later In The Forum

To Me 1 Thing I Didn’t Really Understand Was About Live 10 Was This( I Have PS3 Btw I Don’t Know What Button It Is For The 360) I Used To Hold R1 For Majority Of The Game I Stopped Doing That Because I Realized The Shooter May Be Open And I’m The Only Defender Their By Holding R1 It Forces Me To Run Up To Him Smh N Most Of The Time If They Are A Good Shooter The Basket Is Definitely Good Believe It Or Not They Have A Better Chance Of Missing With Completely No One Running Up To Them I Hated That And I Couldn’t Understand Why Holding R1 Helps The Other Team Score So Much More And It Got Me Mad. Also I Want To Know How Accurate Is Dynamic Dna?!!??? When I Play The CPU On Superstar Certain People Such As Tony Parker Make 3s Contested! Even With His Bad Percentage From 3 And I Know It Has To Be Even Worse With A Man In His Face, The CPU On Superstar Did Some Of The Most Fakest Sh** You Wouldn’t Believe. This Might Be A Dumb Question But Is The Dna Even Used During The Game SMH I See Shaq Occasionally Taking A Jumpshot Waaaay Outside His Normal Probably 5ft From The Basket Range….I Could See If The Shot Clock Was Down But That’s Not Even The Case SMH OD. It Seems That A lot Of The Stuff The Cpu Could Do You Cant Like Make Jumpshots With Certain People Whether They Can Shoot Or Not. Another Thing I Can’t Stand About Live Is Off Ball I Hate That Thing So Much One OF The Most Fakest Things Ever Created The Way People Online Use It Is A Cheat IDC What Anyone Says The Run Straight To The Basket Using Off Ball And Dunk I Don’t Really Want To Go Into Detail More About Why I Hate It But PLLLLLLLLLZZZZZ I’m Begging You Take That Out Of Live 11. I Played Against A Game Where A Guy Really Ran To The Basket Every Play I Kid You Not And Pressed Triangle The Alley Oop Button Every Possession For Vince Carter Rarely Anyone Else On The Magic I Couldn’t Believe He Had 15+ Points Just Off Alley Oops Let Alone Like 50 Or 60 Points In The Games Total…..R U SERIOUS!....Their Has To Be Something To Do Like Be Able To Press The Square Button To Steal The Pass Or
Something But That Rarely Works The Thing I Like About 2k Is You Can Steal Passes Like That More Realistically In Live You Will Be Lucky To Steal Passes Like That. Another Thing That Gets On My Nerves Is Charges I Could Use The Analog And Run Up The Court (Not Using Turbo) But The Person Gets In To That BS Flopping Charge Position And A Foul Gets Called On Me That Got On My Nervvvvesss Sooo Much Every Where I Walk Online Against Top Ranked Players As Soon As I Catch The Ball Off In Bounds Someone Is Their Waiting For Me I Can Barely Even Look Up The Court To Pass Before I Realize That Theirs A Defender In Front Of Me….The Only Time I Think A Charge Should Be Called Is When I’m Using Turbo Or If The Defender Is Outside That Circle Thing In The Paint (Turbo Or Not). One Thing People Heard Live Got Negative Feedback From Is The 3 point Shooting….It Still Goes On This Is The Reason I Rarely Play The Cavs Mo Williams Daniel Gibson And Anthony Parker Are Savages Especially Daniel Gibson Smh I Don’t Think I Need To Even Say Anything That Hasn’t Been Heard About That So I’m Going To Leave That Their. Also How Can Dynamic Dna Be Accurate If There are Rookie(I 4get What’s Next),All Star, And Superstar Obviously They Miss More On Rookie And Score More On Superstar So How Can That All Be Accurate?? Signature Postups Is Greatly Missed Like I’m Confused Ever Since 2k and Live upgraded To Have Players Real Shot Forms Why Wouldn’t Downgrade Live 10 In That Aspect And Everyone Has The Same Postup Fadeway SMFH I Was Really Mad When I Saw That, That’s Unbelievable Like How Do You Honestly Let The Game Release Knowing That That Flaw Is In Your Game. Ive Been Playing Live All My Life As Far As Me Playing Basketball Video Games And I Liked Live 10 Buy Playing On Superstar And Online Really Exposes Live 10’s Problems Even Though I Think Live 10 Is Still Hot The Flaws Are Noticeable. I Remember In Live 08 KG Had That Signature Little Dream Shake N Post Up Fadeaway I Missed That A lot Even Though Live 08 Is Clearly Terrible. If Live Hasn’t Noticed This 2k Has Taken A lot Of Lives Old Things And Put It Into 1Great Video Game .i.e. in bounds saving from live 03,showing players n coaches on the bench throughout the game also live 03, dunking on people(Missed So MUUUUCH) I Believe That Was Live 06 If I’m Not Mistaken. Theirs Moe But It’s Hard To Think Off Top. I Think Its Ok For Live To Take Some Of 2k’s Things But Improve It So It Looks Like Your Own That’s Basically What 2k Did When It Became Popular That And A lot Of Realistic Things Also. I Again Say This Please Bring Back People Getting Dunked On In Live 11 Realistically Though I Want to Throw It on Nash’s Neck With King James! It Would Be Nice To Have Spike Lee For The Knicks In The Crowd And Jack Nickolson And Other Season Ticket Holders You Might See On A Regular NBA Game…It Shouldn’t Be The Same Person Every Game Because Its Gonna Look Tiring And Boring Seeing Them All The Time And The Announcers Saying It They Should Either Switch Up The Celebs They Show Or Show The Ones They Have Every Couple Of Games You Play…..Also You Should Be Able To Control Your Subs In Live I Didn’t Like Not Being Able To Do That. One Thing I Think Live Needs Is Player Having Signature Playing Style Like Although The Sizeup Thing This Year In Live Is Realistic For Some Players It Isn’t For All Jason Kidd And Mo Williams Aren’t Really Going To Try To Shake You And Drive To The Basket Such As Players Like Derrick Rose Or Deron Williams. Live Needs Signature Playing Style Every Player Should Play A Certain Way Take And Make/Miss Certain Shots At Certain Times As They Would In Real Life…If A Certain Player Takes The Ball Up Slow Or If A Player Runs With The Ball A Certain Way That Should Be The Focus Of Live 11 Signature Playing Style That Would Really Really Up Live To A Level Of Realism They Havent Seen Before A Good Example Is Exactly How Derrick Rose Runs With Those Long Athletic Strides Kicking Into His 2nd Gear With That Signature Floater In Live 11 That Would Be Amazing. Also Live Doesn’t Need To Advertise Anything It Cant Bring Whether Its UPDATING EVERY SINGLE!!!!DAY Or Certain Haircuts Or Facial Hair If You Cant Update It EveryDay Or Update It Period Don’t Say You Can. Also What Would Be Nice Was For Certain Players To Stop Getting Hype It Could Be The First Shot Of The Game Players Run Down The Court Beating Their Chest Like It Was A Clutch Moment Smh That Has To Be Fixed IMMEDIATELY and CERTAIN Players Should Beat Their Chest And Certain Players Should Show Certain Emotion Sometimes Players Never Show Emotion During A Game Unless The Call Is Completely Wrong Or Someone From Their Team Jus Hit A Buzzer Beater I Got So Much Detail For What Needs 2 Be In Live 11 Its Ridiculous I Could Make EA A lot Of Money But I Got To Go From Topic To Topic. When Gerald Wallace Runs Up And Down The Court Show Him Poking His Mouthpiece Out On Occasion And Melo Smiling After He Jus Scored On Someone On Occasion Just Realistic Things Like That Or Kobe Doing That Ridiculous Thing With His Teeth And Making That Weird Face Its Hard To Describe Lol. Something I Liked About Live This Year Was The Ability To Block A Dunk. The 1st Time I Played The Fastbreak Block Happened To Me It Was None Other Than King James I Liked That But That Along With Blocking A Dunk Happens To Often This Is A Example Of The CPU Doing Things You Cant Blocking Shots On Fast break If You Can Do That It Is Very Rare I Don’t Think You Can Though You Should Keep Both Of These Things But Limit How Much It Happens. I Played Against Some1 Online And The Person Would Do The Same Exact Pro Hop Possession After Possession And Either Make The Shot Or Get A Foul Call Which Didn’t Even Matter If That Person Had A Good Contact Shot Rating Or Not Basically He Was Abusing A Live Glitch If You’ve Played This Game On The Regular You’ve See That Shot That Goes In The Air A Certain Way At The Basket And It Jus Drops A Certain Way Completely Fake Sorry To Say Live But That Has To Go. Live Also Needs A More Variety Of Shot Forms More Freethrow Routines Also And Certain People Like Kevin Durant And Brandon Roy’s Shot Forms Get Blocked Easily If You Shoot In Someone’s Face Which Isn’t Really Realistic Kevin Is Tall Its Hard To Block His Jumper Especially By Shorter Player N Brandon Roy Has Good Elevation In Live He Barely Gets Off The Floor.Everyone Knows The Postups Also Need To Be Improved The Post Game Man…What You Do In Live Is Try To Move Them Out Of The Way With Your Arm Which In Reality Is A Foul EVERY Time Definetly Need More Options Then That Lmaoo Dwight Is Going To Be Needing That Running Hook In Live 11 Also So Much To Write Your Probably Tired By Reading Now I Think The Dunk Contest Could Stay Out Its Getting Played Out In Real Life So The Game Would Be No Different. A Player Should Be Aloud To Get Hot In The Game As They Do In Real Life As Much As I’m Going To Hate People Abusing Lebron And Melo Every Possession If They Get Hot That Is Realistic That Should Be Included In The Game Where No Matter How Good The Defense He’s Jus Gonna Score On You Play After Play Until He Misses. Improve On The Pregame Warm Ups…Better Dunks A More Variety For Certain Players 2k’s Dunks Are Better Than Live….I Think Certain Aspects Of The Graphics Are Better In 2k The Court In 2k Is Beautiful O My Lord It Honestly Looks Like A Regular NBA Game How Clear The Screen Is…Live Screen Doesn’t Seem That Clear (No Its Not My TV If That’s What Your Thinking) But Lives Player Faces Clearly Look Better Than 2k’s Lebron Looks Shocked Throughout The Game Lamar Odom Looks Really Old Live Definetly Has That The People In The Crowd In 2k Look Closer 2 Actual People Than Lives Crowd….I Think Lives Has More Variety In Dribbling In 2k But When A Person Falls In 2k Its Clearly Better Than How They Fall In Live They Gotta Improve On That. Also Why Is Ron Artest So Good Of a 3pt Shooter His Shot Isn’t Like that At All SMH I Also Think His Correct Form Was In Live 09 IDK Why They Changed It. Live Needs More Shooting Foul Animations More Like 2k’s And The Ability 2 Pump Fake N Lean Into Your Defender Another Thing 2k Took From An Older Live. I Like The Way You R1 To Guard You Man Except About What I Said Earlier Also I Think The Defense Needs To Get More Aggressive Sort Of Like 2k’s Lock Down D But Added With Lives Ability To Hold R1 And Follow You Man If Live Combined The 2 That Would Be Good. I Also Think Jason Kidd Has A Better OBD Rating Then What You Give Him He’s Always Been A Top Defender And Among The Leaders In Steals. Live Also Needs Better Animation Like When You Get Fouled Sometimes You Could Be Going A Complete Different Direction You End Up On In 2k It Actually Goes With They Play And The Flow Of The Game. Also Have More Of A Chance At Making Half Court Shots In Live It Almost Never Happens SMH Also When You Shoot Free throws The Users And The CPU Should Both Hit The Rim Sometimes Not Jus The CPU With The User It Either Goes Straight In Or Just A Miss. I Liked The Addiction Of The Freestyle Passes More OF Them Wouldn’t Hurt Using The Same Buttons As Live 10. If I’m Dwight And I Got Rondo On Me That Should Be An Easy Post Up Idc What Ive Been Doing For The Game Size And Weight Matters. If Its Two Of My Players Sometimes When I Try 2 Pass The Ball Goes Out Of Bound WTF 1 Of The Biggest Screw Ups OF Live SMH…Sometimes I Try 2 Pass The Ball In The Paint And It Goes Out OF Bounds
needcollec

Re: What Live 11 NEEDS

Postby Andrew on Sat May 01, 2010 12:36 pm

I'm sure you've got some good ideas there that a lot of us would agree with and make NBA Live 11 a great game, but between capitalising every word and the lack of paragraphs, that post is virtually unreadable.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Sat May 01, 2010 1:22 pm

Learn to appreciate the effort Andrew. Do you know how hard it is to capitalize every word with that long of a post?
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Andrew on Sat May 01, 2010 1:40 pm

I've got to admit, I wouldn't have the patience. ;)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Patr1ck on Sun May 02, 2010 12:14 am

What a rant.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby needcollec on Sun May 02, 2010 1:42 am

shadowgrin wrote:Learn to appreciate the effort Andrew. Do you know how hard it is to capitalize every word with that long of a post?

i appreciate dat
needcollec

Postby needcollec on Sun May 02, 2010 1:59 am

i kno alot of you wouldnt have the patience thats why i asked was EA reading this before i posted it because I didnt want to waist my time...Plus im a huge fan of live been every since ive started playing the game thats why i want it to be the best game on the market with all the detail and all the needed improvements theres still things I left out! u believe that? But I Believe If EA wants THE BEST BASKETBALL GAME EVER they will read everything i wrote carefully...They need to just highlight What i wrote it can be easily broken down like if i was to write

postups-more variety
bettr dribbling

yea of course people usually write things like that but you have to be specific tell exactly what like you could tell EA Yea I want better dribbling And postups but your not being specific you have to tell them exactly what needs to change in detail exactly what i did....Also Take The Slow Motion Alley oops out the game I thought Andrew would have more in detail to say about what i wrote specifically about dynamic dna being accurate, his opinion on what the game needs etc but i guss not
needcollec

Postby Andrew on Sun May 02, 2010 11:04 am

The point is, that post is very difficult to read because it's a big wall of text; capitalising every word doesn't make it any more legible. I'd gladly comment further on what you've said - and like I said, I'm sure you've noticed things the rest of us have and would like to see fixed or added in NBA Live 11 - but it's a big ask for someone to have the patient to struggle through something that is painful on the eyes like that. If you make something virtually impossible to read, you can't fairly complain when people don't read it all the way through.

If you want anyone to read it, whether they're from EA or otherwise, you should set it out a lot better than that; bullet points, or paragraphs. Feedback should be concise, easy to read and with appropriate emphasis. If you want to edit that post so there's more paragraphs and it doesn't seem like one run on sentence, or even use bullet points, then it'll be easier to discuss and for any of the devs perusing the Forum to see what you're talking about.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby needcollec on Sun May 02, 2010 4:23 pm

if ea don't read what i wrote already then i guess that's it...if i play live 11 and im unimpressed then for the 1st time i will purchase 2k =/...smh andrew if you know any1 in ea plz contact them and tell them to try and read what i wrote if they don't understand something contact me (highly doubting that that would even happen)
needcollec

Postby Andrew on Sun May 02, 2010 4:52 pm

Like I said, if you want it read then you need to make it more legible than that. Add more paragraphs or use bullet points, it'll be a lot easier on the eyes than a big wall of text. I'm not trying to be nasty but that post is a real mess to try to read and the capitalisation and net slang don't help either.

If you want to provide constructive feedback - and I'm guessing you do - then you've got to present it better. Phrase the feedback constructively, don't use net slang like WTF and SMH as it comes off very childish whether you mean it to or not, and - I can't stress this enough - use paragraphs or bullet points so that each point stands out and the post as a whole is easier to read.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Arcane on Sun May 02, 2010 5:10 pm

just make it easy on the eye by spacing it out in paragraphs and not using capital letters for each word. Just like you were writting an assignment/essay for school.
Arcane
The NLSC's Jim Jefferies
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sun May 02, 2010 5:14 pm

dragon@4Q wrote:just make it easy on the eye by spacing it out in paragraphs and not using capital letters for each word. Just like you were writting an assignment/essay for school.

Exactly. Set it out a little better, and it will serve a much more constructive purpose. (Y)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby atlwarrior on Mon May 03, 2010 5:18 pm

i dont think i got any of that. Well there is one thing that caught my attention and youre right. The only thing i miss from nba live 08 pc were the posterizing dunk animations. If Steve Nash attempts to block lebron on a dunk then he should pay the price.
atlwarrior

Postby mrnatural on Wed May 05, 2010 6:26 am

I play mainly player vs. player against 5 friends and overall, I find the gameplay pretty good, no 'major' flaws, but in my opinion Live 11 needs:

* clear path fouls (right now anytime someone is on a break, I just intentional foul)
* related to above - right now doing intentional foul on a guy on break is too easy, almost like the 'fouler' has a vacuum and sucks in the guy with the ball.
* better post play/back down ability
* fix the issue/animation when guys dribble in post and bump into a defender and the ball comes loose.

that's all I can think of for now..
mrnatural

Postby atlwarrior on Wed May 05, 2010 7:50 am

mrnatural wrote:* better post play/back down ability

Yeah but just backing down a player. Using the right analog stick to move the player left or right is on point. (Y)
atlwarrior

Postby Andrew on Wed May 05, 2010 9:39 am

mrnatural wrote:* fix the issue/animation when guys dribble in post and bump into a defender and the ball comes loose.

Yes, definitely. It's not a bad idea in theory but it happens way too often and is unbalanced between the user and CPU. If nothing else, a slider would be handy.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Axel The Great on Sat May 08, 2010 12:24 pm

Balance between CPU and User would be nice too. On All-Star, I put my lay-up percentage slider to 95, and I'm missing lay-ups like crazy, and with the CPU at 50, they miss a lay-up 1/10 times. Also, I set the CPU's dunk/lay-up block slider to 0, and I get rejected everytime I get into the paint, it just drives me CRAZY!!! :furious:
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Snowspire on Sat May 08, 2010 10:52 pm

My Comments for upcoming NBA Live 11: First, I need this to be PC format.. Just want to add when a player made a shot, the camera will focus on him just like in reality.. :D
Snowspire

Postby Axel The Great on Sun May 09, 2010 1:57 am

Live 11 won't be for PC.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Andrew on Sun May 09, 2010 6:16 pm

axelgomez13 wrote:Balance between CPU and User would be nice too. On All-Star, I put my lay-up percentage slider to 95, and I'm missing lay-ups like crazy, and with the CPU at 50, they miss a lay-up 1/10 times. Also, I set the CPU's dunk/lay-up block slider to 0, and I get rejected everytime I get into the paint, it just drives me CRAZY!!! :furious:

That's definitely a frustrating issue that needs to be resolved. The AI needs to be challenging and to that end find a way to counteract human intelligence, but too much rubber band AI/overly powerful comeback logic and inequality between the user and CPU's abilities gets very frustrating and makes you feel more inclined to switch the game off rather than keep trying to beat it, as legitimate strategy gets thrown out the window and the challenge comes from missing easy shots while the CPU goes ballistic and makes ridiculous shots from everywhere. As I've said before, less of a problem in NBA Live 10 pre-patch but seemingly reinstated and resembling the problem in previous games following the patch.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Patr1ck on Mon May 10, 2010 3:35 am

^So true. I don't remember the last time I finished a single player game because the cpu just kept driving to the basket every play, or hitting every jumper. Live 09 had some great help defense for both cpu controlled teammates and the cpu opponent on dribble drives but I haven't noticed it for my teammates in this years version. It's good to be challenging, but not when it handicaps you.

Maybe if they programmed some logic to look at the stats during a game and change up the AI tendencies accordingly, rather than ratings like the old option to keep games close. So if the cpu was just getting easy layups, it would increase the help defense automatically, resulting in more missed shots. I'd rather have the option so I could control it, but as long as it happens I will be happy. Then, the cpu will "learn" because of the logic looking at the stats that my team is collapsing on drives and they are now "forcing the issue" and will attempt to draw the help d to kick it out for open jumpshots, depending on the defensive rotation, which if done correctly, can result in the ball being swung to the next perimeter player for a jumpshot/pumpfake the next rotating defender, etc. Just a simple inside-out game. I'm not saying that it can't be done in Live 10, it's just that the players are really focused on finishing at the rim more than finding that open man.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Mon May 10, 2010 9:16 am

Absolutely. As it is, the CPU is able to easily override your strategy - offensively or defensively - by having you miss easy shots while they make everything they put up or get to the basket a bit too easily. The challenge should come from the CPU adjusting to your strategy or your strategy being poorly executed and less rubberband AI.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 14