EA seeking feedback on post game for NBA Live 11

Talk about NBA Live 14 here. Archived discussion on NBA Live 13 and NBA Elite 11 can also be found in this section.

EA seeking feedback on post game for NBA Live 11

Postby Andrew on Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:39 am

I've been asked by the NBA Live Dev Team to solicit feedback on the post game in NBA Live 10, with suggestions as to what we'd like to see in NBA Live 11. Please feel free to go into as much detail as possible, as providing the Dev Team with detailed, constructive feedback can only benefit us in the long run. We will still be submitting the annual Wishlist in the near future, but it seems we will also be asked about specific elements of the game in order to give us the opportunity to provide feedback for improvement in those areas in NBA Live 11.

So for now, if you've got any suggestions about the post game for NBA Live 11, please post them here. Any other ideas, please use the regular NBA Live 11 Wishlist thread for now.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: EA seeking feedback on post game for NBA Live 11

Postby JaoSming on Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:48 am

the face up game should be just as effective/ineffective as the normal post game

they should add 2 player moves like the normal post game but in a face up position, where the player can do post-specific triple threat moves different from normal triple threats.

it should also prevent some of the cheese that was prevalent down load
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Patr1ck on Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:16 pm

Improve any analog stick movements so a shot is performed in the actual direction you are pressing. Too many times in NBA Live 10 I have pressed a direction only for the player to take a shot in the exact opposite direction. Get rid of the little dance post players try to do when you have a post dribble and use the right analog stick to go left or right. Don't lock the two man animation into a stationary battle. Use the left stick during post up situations with a dribble for sweeping towards the middle or pivoting baseline, or for a stepback and of course, to backdown the defender. Use the right stick for attacking moves with a dribble, and nothing but fakes when you are without a dribble. No sugar coated double presses of the shot button for up and unders. Add a shot button after a fake for an up and under.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby fjccommish on Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:20 pm

It's far too easy to score in the post. It's possible to keep running around until you're under the basket, or to just get near enough to trigger a dunk animation.
fjccommish

Postby Andrew on Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:14 am

I'd really like to see some of the Own the Paint moves from NBA Live 08/NBA Live 09 brought back, taking care not to make them overpowering. I'm fine with the approach of tapping the shoot button to fake and then pressing the shoot button again for an up and under, but it worked a lot better in NBA Live 08 compared to the last couple of games.

I'd also like to be able to perform ball fakes and the like out of the triple threat position (facing the basket or back to the basket) by using the right stick, instead of immediately making a move left or right when using the right stick.

Shooting in the right direction is also important, perhaps a similar method to layup control in NBA Live 10 could be utilised.

Strong players need to be able to back down weaker players with a tad more ease; someone like Shaq should be difficult to keep out of the lane, not unrealistically so for the CPU or User but he should be able to throw his weight around.

A running/sweeping hook would be nice.

Definitely keep the manual backdown control added by the first update for NBA Live 10; the method of "feathering" into the defender is alright and could remain as well, but it's not always effective.

Cut down on strips in the paint and/or give the user a way to protect the ball before attempting to muscle up a shot when swarmed in the post.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Blacksmurf313 on Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:46 am

About time some one has addressed this issue....

First before I say anything negative lets start with some positives.......Fuck what the critics have said about Live...Alot of those companies gave bias opinions comparing NBA Live to NBA2k.

75% of my buddies who are grown educated sports fan preferred NBA Live over 2k this year. 2k on the 360 is an absolute horror.
It is very dungholly....Live is much more smoother and fluid. However, NBA 2k on the PC is Awesome....and completely destroys NBA Live.
NBA2k has an awesome post game and thats what Nba Live lacks.

What I would like to see the Live developement team do is.

1. Bring the fucking save game mode back.. When I playing and I need to do a chore or run an errand or whatever I want to be able to save the game and come back and finish it later.
2. bring the series back to the Pc.....

Now lets talk about the Post Game.

1. when In the Post and backing down the defender, (with my back to the basket) I want to be able to shoot the ball either left or right. depending on how close you are to the basket decides if the shot will be a hook or a turn around jumper.

Look at this turn around jumper by Karl Malone @ 17 seconds into the video. He a back to the basket player with range.....
phpBB [video]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY9w8RxNDGo

look at Sheed and his unstoppable turn around J
phpBB [video]
Last edited by Blacksmurf313 on Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
phpBB [video]
Blacksmurf313

Postby Blacksmurf313 on Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:57 am

check out this back down spin move by Tyrus T.

phpBB [video]

Watch the reverse pivot ........
phpBB [video]
phpBB [video]
Blacksmurf313

Postby Patr1ck on Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:11 am

That move by Tyrus Thomas is in NBA 2K10. It's called the spin hop.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ThaLiveKing on Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:50 am

Have Power back down post up for players like Dwight Howard And Shaq. Then have less aggressive post and finess moves for the softer Big Men lol
ThaLiveKing

Postby SHAFT23 on Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:24 pm

the postgame is okay, but really ineffective at times.....the only guys who are effective in the post are the guys who are very strong and also have a high post and inside rating.

I really have yet to score a up and under from a normal post up. I try it every game, but it just misses for no reaso eventhough my man is beat. If you fail to turn once, the second time you get an offensive foul. The up and under move only worked for me from around ft line a couple of times when shotclock was running out.

add some more moves in the post for different types of players. all moves look the same. 2k has 10 to 12 different types of post moves and even signature ones for kobe, melo, lebron etc.

the buttons and the stick work fine, they need some finetuning and diversity. all moves look the same and we don't have many to choose from. I want to shoot a hook whenever i want to and a shot when i want to. it's too stiff at the moment.
Last edited by SHAFT23 on Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SHAFT23

Postby Andrew on Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:13 pm

Thanks, but:

Andrew wrote:So for now, if you've got any suggestions about the post game for NBA Live 11, please post them here. Any other ideas, please use the regular NBA Live 11 Wishlist thread for now.

This thread is for collecting feedback and suggestions on the post game only. Please use the other thread for all other wishes at this time.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ciggas on Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:13 pm

Being able to run a face up game where you can move into the post after a few dribbles and use fadeaways. Such as what Kobe Bryant does and better shooting big men.
ciggas

Postby Loyal2Live on Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:25 am

Just have more options for post moves and make it a bit easier to know and pull off exactly what a player is trying to do. The back down fade-away rarely goes in although easy to do. The hook shots...well, you don't have COMPLETE control of which way he is going to hook and for the most part those shots don't go in. The only one thats ok when used appropriately. But thats it.....Those are pretty much all the options you have and like I said, either you don't have control of the guy or shots that should fall don't.
In NBA Live, don't play the game....play basketball !!
Loyal2Live

Return to NBA Live 14