NBA Live 11 Wishlist (submitting soon, draft in first post)

Talk about NBA Live 14 here. Archived discussion on NBA Live 13 and NBA Elite 11 can also be found in this section.

Re: The Official NLSC NBA Live 11 Wishlist

Postby ciggas on Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:23 pm

- new arena music (make teams have their usual arena music)
-pa announcers ( use real team pa announcers and what they do e.g. threeeee at hawks, they have started some of this)
-players ability to hit wide open layups (e.g kendrick perkins)
-players just walking out of bounds be fixed
-player introductions
-saving during the game so you don't need to play full games if you need to stop
- being able to hit threes that are not right on the line, players such as vince carter can hit these
- more defensive plays as options not just 8
- mo williams not being able to hit every 3 where good shooters such as mike bibby and jason williams can't hit open shots
-pump fake and fouls (kobe and wade)
ciggas

Postby Loyal2Live on Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:55 am

OK...

Presentation:
1.) Pre-Game, Half Time and Post-Game interviews
2.) Varied intros for playoff and finals, not always the same one (players just standing there)
3.) Improved Highlists during half time and post game, maybe even pre-game highlights of star players (probably better for dynasty mode)
4.) Cut scenes - more enthusiam in players, during emotional moments in game....Buzz beaters, Win the finals, Beat a rival, etc.
5.) Commentary - Been the same since 2007...enough said

Graphics:
Graphics look great. Here is 1 annoying problem that gets overlooked every single godd@%n year
When in dynasty mode, you draft a rookie...He is the number one draft pick....He's a SF....He's Black, with long stringy blonde hair and a red goatee....OR He's white with bright red braids and a blonde beard.....Maybe not to these extremes but I'm sure you get the point. No black guy in the NBA or pretty much EVER has long stringy hair, even if the hair is black. Jeff Antwi, one of the producers of the game should know this! White guys do have braids, but they certainly never bright red. It makes you not even want to draft the guy....those people look ridiculous. Anyway, enough on that.

Gameplay:
Not much to wish for here. Nice job EA, however I do have a few things, but I won't state the obvious like....Tip dunks, alley oops in slow mo, better post game, player out of bounds
1.) More freestyle passing animations
2.) more hustle play animations
3.) anything else would just be an add-on to an already great product

OK....THE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECT OF LIVE 11
1.) Career Mode, Be a Pro....whatever you want to call it, there is absolutely no reason/excuse this is not already in the game....enough said
Everybody has has already expressed some wish about this ....FOR THE PAST 4 YEARS...How bout we try to get this done!

I shall post more later....and remember in Live...don't play the game, play basketball
In NBA Live, don't play the game....play basketball !!
Loyal2Live

Postby Loyal2Live on Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:07 am

Ok....

Just a bit more
1.) passing out of lay-ups and dunks
2.) I dare only wish for Legends or Legend Teams
3.) Being able to practice with your Teams, without having to start a dynasty.....Which brings up a question....What is the current purpose of the Hangar, really?
4.) Being able to pracitce with ANYONE (including CAPs) in the hangar
5.) In game injuires....possibly make it a coaching decision as to whether the player continues to play
6.) Able to change shots in air....ie, going from dunk to layup
7.) Create a Team, with areana, etc.....play in dynasty mode

Just in case....I will wish again for legends and legend teams
In NBA Live, don't play the game....play basketball !!
Loyal2Live

Postby mitch820 on Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:24 pm

Have the option to start a dynasty with an expansion team.
Being able to create everything about this team (Logo, uniforms, arena, etc.)
mitch820

Postby Bodz on Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:32 am

When starting a dynasty, option to pick from a selection of head coaches and the playbooks they bring with them to the team.
Where Hang Time Happens
Bodz
Rise In Pleasure

Postby Andrew on Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:52 pm

Thanks guys, keep it coming! Also, if you've got any interest in a PC version please check out and sign the petition here if you haven't already. :)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Azzdogs on Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:08 pm

Like in the Madden games should have NBA Moments.

Thanks to TheDee for the signature
Azzdogs

Postby flashman321 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:12 pm

These are my ideas for nba live 11:
I analyzed the game and noticed in court have to many space for driving or dunk on somebodys face...I think this should be fixed..
solution could be more screen sets from pf and centers,,, this will help to create space for wide open jumper like in real live and players will more hustling and cutting to get open.
Then gameplay will be very realistic as can be possible and you won't see so many dunk attemps to from stars like kobe wade, because it's not so easy to get dunk attemp in real live.
And I agree with one guy who suggested make possible ball to fall in crowd and players could fall to after hustle plays trying to save ball.
And last thing use different player model because players looks very plastic and that's make players unrealistic.
I am originally 2k player but I am really impressed with your hard work EA SPORTS company this year on live 2010.
Hope you will make pc version next year and hope my ideas help to!
Thanks, for listening
Last edited by flashman321 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flashman321

Postby kibaxx7 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:27 pm

Bodz wrote:When starting a dynasty, option to pick from a selection of head coaches and the playbooks they bring with them to the team.

That would be nice (Y)
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
Rolling Thunder (1977), Tigers Are Not Afraid (2017), Crime Story (1993) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby George7 on Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:06 am

the only thing in my wishlist is that NBA live is released in the PC!!!!
George7

Postby Andrew on Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:41 am

A few more items wouldn't be a bad idea so that we're satisfied with the product, but I think that's at or near the top at many of our lists. :)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Ray21Mex on Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:06 pm

I haven't played NBA LIVE 10. But from playing 09 for a year, this is what I would want for Live 11 or if they have it in Live 10 that would be good.

Things I have not heard:

CREATING A PLAYER:
- more skin colors, hair styles, beard, and mustache styles.
- more colleges and high schools(if guys come straight from high school).
- more accessories, and real accessories colors.(when I chose black its just dark gray)(but I think they fixed it in Live 10)
- more dunk styles, jumps shots, lay-ups, etc.(Like 2k10)
- more last names( not a lot of last names to choose from)
- be able to have a first name and be said by commentators(for example, if my name is john, and my last name is smith, the commentators should be able to say both and not just the last name during a game)
- Be able to add them on an International team.

DYNASTY MODE:
- have and option in dynasty mode like the MVP candidates but for rookies too and make it top 10 not just top 5.
- REALISTIC STATS!!! this one is HUGE! in 09(and I heard in live 10 too), in 09 and 10, steve nash averages about 20-25 PPG and not many APG. Lebron In 09 sucks during Simulation. Every year he ends up about 22-23 PPG, 4 RPG, 3 APG. he should get more. Also when I create a PG player and his passing accuracy, court vision, diff. pass accuracy, and others are up to 99, my player averages 7-8 APG. AND NOT 10+.
- Be able to view players career stats. If I draft a player, and year pass, I should be able to look back at his rookie year stats and stuff.
- Be able to create a player, under 18 yrs old, so that he can be drafted later in dynasty mode.
- Players should ONLY get better by stats. For example, If Im playing Dynasty Mode with the suns and at the end of the season Jared Dudley's stats are High(at about 65 overall), his overall should increase(more than by 2(for example if he gets really high numbers, he should be in middle 70's or something by the end of the year or at start of the next year). and if his stats are lower, they should decrease. all rookies increase their overall every year by 2. By 2019, guys that start at low 60's are in their 80's or high 70's.
- When Im playing Dynasty mode, when my players get old, they rarely decrease their overall. I once had Al Jefferson at 37 in 84 Overall.
- have an option at the end of season to decide if you want to change teams.
- Have Off season too.
- Less International Players from like countries Ive never heard of in the Top 10 in draft picks. Be able to play in FIBA tournaments during Dynasty mode when the Olympics years come.
- Fix some glitches. there are a lot. not big glitches tho. they are just small annoying glitches.
- We should be able to also create out own coach. like Fifa 08 for ps2.
Ray21Mex

Postby George7 on Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:35 pm

Andrew, the thing is that i haven't played nba live 10 as i don't have a ps3 or X360.
Maybe watch some vids and post my wishlist
George7

Postby Andrew on Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:45 pm

Feel free to suggest things from your experiences with the last PC version you played. When we finalise the list, we can edit out anything that no longer applies, all suggestions are welcome right now though.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:31 pm

Thanks again to everyone who's posted wishes so far; please keep them coming! The thread has now been made a global announcement for greater visibility here in the NLSC Forum (just in case you're wondering why it's appearing in non-NBA Live sections).
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Lamrock on Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:13 pm

Live '10's gameplay with 09's features with NBA 2K7's sim engine and NBA 2K9 PC's price would make me seriously consider Live.
Lamrock

Postby The X on Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:30 pm

A few things which may already be covered:

- Continue to build on Live '10's gameplay (improve post play etc)

- Much, much deeper Dynasty Mode with improved sim engine, AI trade logic, more GM options (Bird rights, 10 day contracts etc), being able to control multiple teams, importable draft classes from NCAA, editable draft classes (like NBA 2k10), cut scenes like Live '04 (but next gen), feeder leagues (even if not D-League), make NBA Draft an event etc

- Improve FIBA mode so that we can add, edit, change teams & their rosters

- Improve presentation (take a cue from NCAA Bball 10 & NBA 2k10)
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby done_deal21 on Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:55 am

Things I want in Nba Live 11

1) Be A Pro Mode - I'm pretty sure that was well requested last year, way to "F" up EA!
2) Street Mode - I remember when Nba Live used to have 1 on 1. Bring it back but with a game of "21" and some other games
3) All Star Weekend - Only a idiot would make a game without one
4) Dynasty Mode - This has pretty much been the same since 03, I think coaching and the gm office should play a big role in this mode.

Also, if you have a good season other teams should offer you positions.
5) Presentation - Get rid of Kerr and find some new commentary for Marv Albert, the commentary was NOWHERE near as exciting as you

said it would be.
6) Graphics - I don't know if you were trying to capitolize on the whole "Sweat Effect" thing but all it did was make the players look like

they were covered in bottles of baby oil. Try to tone that down....Please!....Pretty Please!
7) Draft Class - Every black player looks like Dennis Rodman with long blonde hair and everybody else looks like exchanged students. I

love a good player from overseas but I have never seen so many in a draft. Another thing, there should be different ways to improve your

rookies ratings depending on their potential.
8) Gameplay - One very very important thing, bring back the post button. Without it post play is almost non exsistant and very akward. I

like how EA tried to tone down the amount of dunks per game, but the excessive ripping in the paint is very unrealistic and does not

happen as much in real life. Maybe if you tweaked the AI and made the defense a little more fluid it would be more realistic. I'm finding my

centers and power forward in three range, you should definitely fix that.

That's pretty much it besides minor fixes that should be expected.
done_deal21

Postby done_deal21 on Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:58 am

Things I want in Nba Live 11

1) Be A Pro Mode - I'm pretty sure that was well requested last year, way to "F" up EA!
2) Street Mode - I remember when Nba Live used to have 1 on 1. Bring it back but with a game of "21" and some other games
3) All Star Weekend - Only a idiot would make a game without one
4) Dynasty Mode - This has pretty much been the same since 03, I think coaching and the gm office should play a big role in this mode. Also, if you have a good season other teams should offer you positions.
5) Presentation - Get rid of Kerr and find some new commentary for Marv Albert, the commentary was NOWHERE near as exciting as you said it would be.
6) Graphics - I don't know if you were trying to capitolize on the whole "Sweat Effect" thing but all it did was make the players look like they were covered in bottles of baby oil. Try to tone that down....Please!....Pretty Please!
7) Draft Class - Every black player looks like Dennis Rodman with long blonde hair and everybody else looks like exchanged students. I love a good player from overseas but I have never seen so many in a draft. Another thing, there should be different ways to improve your rookies ratings depending on their potential.
8) Gameplay - One very very important thing, bring back the post button. Without it post play is almost non exsistant and very akward. I like how EA tried to tone down the amount of dunks per game, but the excessive ripping in the paint is very unrealistic and does not happen as much in real life. Maybe if you tweaked the AI and made the defense a little more fluid it would be more realistic. I'm finding my centers and power forward in three range, you should definitely fix that.

That's pretty much it besides minor fixes that should be expected.
done_deal21

Postby swede4444 on Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:55 am

Audio- I'd like to be able to create a player or team, hook a microphone into a jack, say the name of that player or team, and have that seamlessly integrated into the commentary.
swede4444

Postby davenz on Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:45 pm

I agree with the wishes above. Big thing I want to add is the ability to toggle between $/Interest and also contract years remaining in the trade players screen.... That would make life so much easier when performing trades.
davenz

Postby ThaLiveKing on Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:14 am

1. Allocate minutes for players. The Updates are nice, but when a player is injured, It messes up the rotation and players that shouldn't be playing will be playing the whole game. For instance, When I'm the Pacers, Josh McRoberts shouldn't be getting more PT than Tyler Hansborough in automatic subs. There should be emphasis on substitution and rotations, but have it simple. like players who play good with each other, should most of the time, be on the floor together. . stuff like that, what y'all think?
ThaLiveKing

Postby Look my voice to LP on Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:31 pm

after watching nba live 10,i wish only better gameplay.
and better presentation.
shoes,accessories faces,are good.
ImageImage
I am godfather of the Paint
Look my voice to LP

Postby Andreezy on Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:12 pm

Realistic accessories. :)
Andreezy
Best In The World

Postby Dunix on Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:39 am