* 95-96 rosteR tribute video to all those that worked on it.

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K10 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: * 95-96 roster with DefJam's draft class and Portrait RL

Postby jekjek12 on Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:49 pm

Defjam thnx for the fix roster bro (Y) :D , nice draft class with portraits (Y) :D , nice portraits for all players (Y) :D and nice tnt scoreboard stomp (Y) :D
Happiness is sharing =)
jekjek12

Postby ssonic on Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:55 pm

yeah, no problem i'll try.
do i have to add 2001 portrait files, then 95-96 and after that your portrait files or is it just yours at the end? could you be more specific which files to add/replace (is it all files or do i have to leave some out?). i'm new here, still learning :wink:
ssonic

Postby DefJam on Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:09 pm

I'm gonna be in home in a couple hours and will upload the 2k3 roster mode,sorry about that,you should ask STOMPTHECOURT how he fixed the problem for himself and if you have enough space in your hdd I suggest making a copy and overwriting everything from those mods to your game because maybe of some files the portraits are not working,I don't know how to solve this problem but at least maybe by overwriting everything the game will find the files they need to run the portraits.
DefJam

Postby waiwai567 on Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:32 pm

Bro....same problem for me...the portrait get messed up :(
I even tried what you suggested..."add rrp 2k3 roster mode files to your game( I will post the link soon) then 2001 mode files then 95-96 roster mode files and then my portrait pack files"....
Evergreen man
waiwai567

Postby DefJam on Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:45 pm

Then that means the cdf file has problems,when you overwrite png files you choose yes to all? I think you should choose this one anyways you guys should ask custombuiltx and stompthecourt because portraits work for them.
DefJam

Postby waiwai567 on Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:52 pm

DefJam wrote:Then that means the cdf file has problems,when you overwrite png files you choose yes to all? I think you should choose this one anyways you guys should ask custombuiltx and stompthecourt because portraits work for them.

I overwrite other patches by yes to all.....not click one by one for the png files of your patch :(
OK.... :(
Evergreen man
waiwai567

Postby DefJam on Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:02 am

Ok another way,download the iff cdf studio.You will have to make the edit file of those two portrait.cdf and portrait.iff files.The program is somewhere here and there is a tutorial how to do that.When you to everything press load .edit and choose that edit file.When you open you will see every portrait then go to texture150 and there should be Jordan,if not then something is wrong with the cdf file.

Edit: the 2k3 rrp roster mode
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9IC25D64
DefJam

Postby waiwai567 on Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:42 am

DefJam wrote:Ok another way,download the iff cdf studio.You will have to make the edit file of those two portrait.cdf and portrait.iff files.The program is somewhere here and there is a tutorial how to do that.When you to everything press load .edit and choose that edit file.When you open you will see every portrait then go to texture150 and there should be Jordan,if not then something is wrong with the cdf file.

:shock: bro, you get it, i found caron butler on texture 150 :shock:
Evergreen man
waiwai567

Postby Mr.Xcitement96 on Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:49 am

DefJam wrote:Ok another way,download the iff cdf studio.You will have to make the edit file of those two portrait.cdf and portrait.iff files.The program is somewhere here and there is a tutorial how to do that.When you to everything press load .edit and choose that edit file.When you open you will see every portrait then go to texture150 and there should be Jordan,if not then something is wrong with the cdf file.

DefJam, Many Thanks for the Portraits! :bowdown: May i interrupt all the confusions on the portraits? You do not need those roster mode or the portrait.edit. Just focus on the 95_96 Roster(Any Update?), on assigning those portraits you made. The correct Port_CF_ID is the culprit if the portrait is not showing or wrong on that player. Hope it helps! (Y) Ok waiting for the Roster update! Thanks guys for this i enjoy it! (Y) :applaud:
Mr.Xcitement96

Postby DefJam on Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:55 am

I made everything and it works for me but looks liek for a lotta ppl that cdf file is not showing the portraits I made.So what exactly I have to do? What is the culprit? Where I can find it?
DefJam

Postby waiwai567 on Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:20 am

DefJam wrote:I made everything and it works for me but looks liek for a lotta ppl that cdf file is not showing the portraits I made.So what exactly I have to do? What is the culprit? Where I can find it?

i finally can enjoy the the wonderful portrait you made :applaud:
previously, I download the megaupload one....
then now I download the sendspace one....I can see the portrait.cdf is correct at this link! :D
Evergreen man
waiwai567

Postby wody on Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:23 am

for me everything works (Y) but can you make put the players in free agency to a draft class file?and can you edit the logos?the warriors logo is missed and the logos only show when you choose the teams,,,,when you start the game it becomes to the old logos not the retro,unless for me,anybody else have the same problem?
wody

Postby StompTheCourt on Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:52 am

wody wrote:for me everything works (Y) but can you make put the players in free agency to a draft class file?and can you edit the logos?the warriors logo is missed and the logos only show when you choose the teams,,,,when you start the game it becomes to the old logos not the retro,unless for me,anybody else have the same problem?

yeah and just make the free agents all rated 25 so if they do get traded they will be bench warmers (Y)
StompTheCourt
NBA2K Modding Vet
Contributor

Postby ssonic on Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:54 am

oh, YES!!!. it works! i also downloaded portrait.cdf from sendspace.
once again THANK YOU all contributors for this great roster :applaud: really... :bowdown:
hope to see a 96-97 or 97-98 too :wink:
ssonic

Postby DefJam on Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:07 am

Thank God it works,I have no idea how the one from megaupload is not working but anyways at least it's working.About the logos I don't know what is wrong,when the game is loading yeah there will be same logos not retro it's because those logos that load are the iff files and I only worked with cdf files,maybe later I will work with iff files but right now no.The free agents well I'm not sure if we really need to change their ratings,most of them have 60-70 ratings and such a players won't make a big effects plus when I play association mode I see a lotta players are not happy with their team and many players ratings decrease while playing.

Oh yeah and please test the association mode,the auto generate draft class is not working,but try create draft class,you won't need to do anything just after pressing create press enter or space or if you using some joystick the button for choosing and everything will be good,at least for me it was good.
DefJam

Postby StormsWarning on Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:14 am

Oh yeah and please test the association mode,the auto generate draft class is not working,but try create draft class,you won't need to do anything just after pressing create press enter or space or if you using some joystick the button for choosing and everything will be good,at least for me it was good.

ok sounds good bro ima try now.

edit.. i chose creat/edit draft and it still crashing, so what im thinking is just assigning some players from the free agent list n releasing some then just playing season mode, cause i think we need that actual draft class roster file. thats y its keeps crashing, im thinking thats what it is.
Last edited by StormsWarning on Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Favorite Teams

Cleveland Browns

Cleveland Indians

Cleveland Cavaliers

Live Video Game Streamiing https://beam.pro/Stormz_Warning
StormsWarning

Postby DefJam on Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:29 am

And if you have enough time try simulating couple seasons in a row,I only tried one season.
DefJam

Postby StormsWarning on Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:37 am

DefJam wrote:And if you have enough time try simulating couple seasons in a row,I only tried one season.

i'll try season now, well season play is fine, its just when you get into the actual drafting n all the combine stuff is when it crashes to the destop.

edit yep.. reg season mode is fine, so im thinking i'll ajust the roster to the ending of that 96 year going into 97-98 and just have the players in the line ups and progress them as there rookie levels, cause something in the association mode is not clicking right, everytime it gets through the draft stuff it crashes straight to the destop.
Last edited by StormsWarning on Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Favorite Teams

Cleveland Browns

Cleveland Indians

Cleveland Cavaliers

StormsWarning

Postby DefJam on Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:42 am

I mean in association mode simulate couple season,don't choose auto generate and tell me how's it working.
DefJam

Postby StormsWarning on Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:51 am

DefJam wrote:I mean in association mode simulate couple season,don't choose auto generate and tell me how's it working.

thats what im saying i didnt choose auto- generate this time i chose the create/edit, and it still does it. i chose the auto-generate the first time around and thats when i got the crash, this time iu chose create/edit draft, and simmed it, it ran all the way through season fine, but when time came to do the draft stuff, thats when it crashes to my destop

edit.... its crashing on the actual draft, it needs a draft roster thats gotta be the problem, some how the free agents needs to be formulated in to a draft roster, then you could just load the roster and things should be ok. but im thinking since the free agents are being signed, and then the auto generate or create rosters arn't matching up to this roster, when it gets to the signing process of the draft, thats when it crashes, it the roster memory doesn't know what to draft from, inno thats my thinking atleast.

yep it.... simmed through the entire season, again.. but soon as you get ready to sign players that's when it does it, you cant get to the next season, because of this, i see what you saying by when you say you simmed one season, it will get through it, but try a do a draft, then you'll see what im saying.

even at the beginning of starting the season, you have to choose one of the 4 options, auto -generate - create/ edit - load draft class - or download from 2kshare, you have to choose 1 of these options before advancing, there's no way around it. that's why i was saying a actual draft class roster would prolly fix the crash.
Last edited by StormsWarning on Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Favorite Teams

Cleveland Browns

Cleveland Indians

Cleveland Cavaliers

StormsWarning

Postby UltraNIX on Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:06 am

who on earth dared to mess up jersey numbers? i have been corrected all the jersey numbers in the previous roster i posted, still, the mess seems even more visible. so now i am doing my work once more. and it's pointless. why would anybody mess it up after downloading my version with corrections?
UltraNIX

Postby DefJam on Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:08 am

http://www.sendspace.com/file/gd0dul

maybe try this one roster,I found with reditor there are a lotta dj augustine and quentin richardson players,I deleted them maybe it will work now and yeah somehow we need to make the draft classes but I don't know how.

UltraNIX wrote:who on earth dared to mess up jersey numbers? i have been corrected all the jersey numbers in the previous roster i posted, still, the mess seems even more visible. so now i am doing my work once more. and it's pointless. why would anybody mess it up after downloading my version with corrections?

I have no idea how did this happen,are there a lotta bad numbers? I saw Mookie Blaylock has number 3 somehow for example but I didn't do anything with the numbers.
DefJam

Postby StormsWarning on Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:15 am

UltraNIX wrote:who on earth dared to mess up jersey numbers? i have been corrected all the jersey numbers in the previous roster i posted, still, the mess seems even more visible. so now i am doing my work once more. and it's pointless. why would anybody mess it up after downloading my version with corrections?

i didn't touch the jersey # bro, when i edited your file all i did was change the pit type to 4 on the legends. but since the latest roster has the portraits n draft class, i wouldn't say its pointless bro, where all testing now to narrow this down, i think its because we don't have a actually draft class roster. has to be, everything runs flawless up to that draft.

def ima try this roster now, and let ya know brb...
Favorite Teams

Cleveland Browns

Cleveland Indians

Cleveland Cavaliers

StormsWarning

Postby DefJam on Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:16 am

custombuiltx wrote:
DefJam wrote:I mean in association mode simulate couple season,don't choose auto generate and tell me how's it working.

yep it.... simmed through the entire season, again.. but soon as you get ready to sign players that's when it does it, you cant get to the next season, because of this, i see what you saying by when you say you simmed one season, it will get through it, but try a do a draft, then you'll see what im saying.

Nba draft worked good for me I'm already in another season without troubles,that's pretty interesting.

Oh yeaaaaah the numbers have problems with those teams that were created,I think it's because when I was putting players to free agents then from there to teams numbers messed up,please don't change anything I will edit those numbers.If it's only the numbers.
DefJam

Postby DefJam on Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:20 am

How about trying rrp 2k3 roster mode draft class? At least for testing to see if there won't be any problems with draft.
DefJam

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K10 Modding