REDitor (Current v. 1.1.2).

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K10 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

What do you consider to be the most important additions (choose from both released and planned)?

Editable Jerseys and Courts
24%
Editable Association, MyPlayer file types
37%
Editable Draft Classes, Exported Teams file types
21%
TURK scripting system
3%
Row filtering, dynamic linkage, Global Editor and other interface features
7%
Video and text tutorials
5%
Localizations of REDitor to other languages
3%

Total votes : 307

Re: REDitor (Current v. 1.1).

Postby fastridah090377 on Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:52 am

gud day!!!just want to ask something.how can i edit the fxg file for association?
fastridah090377

Postby Vl@d Zola Jr. on Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:45 am

gud day!!!just want to ask something.how can i edit the fxg file for association?

You need to purchase Player or Full license in order to do that.

===========================
About charging: Nah! Oh... Again!? i've got few hundreds for the tool (btw, spending the half of the sum for kids in Chuvashia), so i don't think, that guys aren't ready to support the tool's development by paying for it.

I said, that $20 is a very little sum for an American and a rather sum here in Rossia, because of facts, i stated above: in the USA the minimal guaranteed salary is about $700 per month, depending on the State, and here in Rossia we have what? I currently live in Rostov-on-Don, where $600 per month is considered to be a good salary, Chuvashia... yeah... if you earn $700 per month there, you are called oligarch, because the average is about $300-350, so make a comparison, my friend, we also have to pay bills, which are about $150-200 per month.

And about the tool, i see, that you haven't used tools for mvpbaseball during at least the last 2 years, 'cause ty charges for them. Frontends comparison - heh... don't make me to piss off, please: making a frontend is 1-2 hour of work, and they will be added for 2K11. Please, try to make the same reverse-engineering, as i've done, my friend... your reason (the neighbouring players are uninjured) for searching "00B700", for example, is completely wrong, as the file has completely different structure. What about me: i even didn't know the exact days left (it's written 1-2 weeks in game, for example), so i couldn't search that easy. I guess, those free front-ended editors don't allow to edit even a half of those things, which REDitor allows to edit. So, that's the key: whether you make everything "beautiful and limited" or "spartan and wiiide".
I would be glad to get a comment like "please, bro, add some front-ends", but i don't like ugly comparisons, as i know the real cost of making front-ends and making reverse-engineering, and making scripting-languages and making modifiable DB-Engine and making... many other programming things.

So, bro, you are lucky today, as i have some free time to chit-chat a little bit ))) If you don't want to pay, don't do it, there are people, who are ready to support me. ;) If you want to blame me for charging, my friend, do the same work, as i did, first; noone restricts you from making your own editor and distribute it for free. If you don't know, how to do it, so, you have to pay... i had to pay for the guitar few weeks ago, as i can't make my own.

Peace, bro, i hope, you understand my position. Thx for kind words about the talents.
Vl@d Zola Jr.
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Tommyhtc on Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:20 pm

Hi,
I encountered a problem in cloning players.

I was attempting to clone a player from one roster to another.
So I replaced some player of ********* with the player I wanted to clone.
I changed his team ID to -1 and inserted his ID number in the Free Agency tab.

I saved, but when I got into the game,
I can't see the player.

Can anyone help me?
Tommyhtc

Postby LHead2 on Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:21 am

Vl@d Zola Jr. wrote:

You need to purchase Player or Full license in order to do that.

===========================
About charging: Nah! Oh... Again!? i've got few hundreds for the tool (btw, spending the half of the sum for kids in Chuvashia), so i don't think, that guys aren't ready to support the tool's development by paying for it.

I said, that $20 is a very little sum for an American and a rather sum here in Rossia, because of facts, i stated above: in the USA the minimal guaranteed salary is about $700 per month, depending on the State, and here in Rossia we have what? I currently live in Rostov-on-Don, where $600 per month is considered to be a good salary, Chuvashia... yeah... if you earn $700 per month there, you are called oligarch, because the average is about $300-350, so make a comparison, my friend, we also have to pay bills, which are about $150-200 per month.

And about the tool, i see, that you haven't used tools for mvpbaseball during at least the last 2 years, 'cause ty charges for them. Frontends comparison - heh... don't make me to piss off, please: making a frontend is 1-2 hour of work, and they will be added for 2K11. Please, try to make the same reverse-engineering, as i've done, my friend... your reason (the neighbouring players are uninjured) for searching "00B700", for example, is completely wrong, as the file has completely different structure. What about me: i even didn't know the exact days left (it's written 1-2 weeks in game, for example), so i couldn't search that easy. I guess, those free front-ended editors don't allow to edit even a half of those things, which REDitor allows to edit. So, that's the key: whether you make everything "beautiful and limited" or "spartan and wiiide".
I would be glad to get a comment like "please, bro, add some front-ends", but i don't like ugly comparisons, as i know the real cost of making front-ends and making reverse-engineering, and making scripting-languages and making modifiable DB-Engine and making... many other programming things.

So, bro, you are lucky today, as i have some free time to chit-chat a little bit ))) If you don't want to pay, don't do it, there are people, who are ready to support me. ;) If you want to blame me for charging, my friend, do the same work, as i did, first; noone restricts you from making your own editor and distribute it for free. If you don't know, how to do it, so, you have to pay... i had to pay for the guitar few weeks ago, as i can't make my own.

Peace, bro, i hope, you understand my position. Thx for kind words about the talents.

Not that I'm arguing with you - your editor has made some fantastic mods possible - but a large number of the people who are complaining about the pricing are students who don't have time to find jobs to pay $20 to edit a $20 game. Most of the money they have is reserved for room and board, tuition and textbooks. I'm fortunate enough to have the sort of parents who made good investments that they've set aside for me, so I can occasionally afford this sort of frivolity, but most people even in the States don't have that luxury.

Mind you, I intend to buy the full version soon to work on some draft classes, etc.

Only thing is, have you figured out what's causing the problem with multiple draft classes such as can be found in - for example - the 2002-03 roster by JAM_LIEK and co.? The one where, in the second draft class and beyond, draftees are duplicated?

By the way, nice to hear that you're using your talents and profits to help the kids in Chuvashia. I know that most people would just take the money and run. :applaud:
LHead2

Postby shadowgrin on Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:27 pm

spending the half of the sum for kids in Chuvashia

Pics or it didn't happen.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Vl@d Zola Jr. on Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:25 am

Can anyone help me?

Try to create a CAP player before replacing his data...

Only thing is, have you figured out what's causing the problem with multiple draft classes such as can be found in - for example - the 2002-03 roster by JAM_LIEK and co.? The one where, in the second draft class and beyond, draftees are duplicated?

Really, don't know. The program doesn't corrupt files - i'm very accurate about everything, don't like "quick and dirty things". I suppose, that's some kind of a game bug. probably...
About $20 - that's 2K's prerogative about the PC version. I don't like to value my work according to someone's else. Still, you can have a totally edited game on PC for $40 or uneditable game on PS3/XBOX360 for $60.

PS: i'm also a student...

Pics or it didn't happen.

Hey, man. Stop speaking with me as if you'd paid me some tax for state needs, and i ran away with the money. I don't need to prove anything. It's about you, guys, to believe me or not. My culture is probably different from western ones: here a guy has to take care of his tribe (nation), kids first of all. That's why true (non-cosmopolitized) Chuvashs, as well as other Turkic nations, have veeeery few non-full families. I hope, you have something the same. Don't know, though, - never got outside Rossia. I'm not going to scan and show checks here or whatever. About the photos - i'm not the person, who likes to walk down the streets with a camera, and those people, whom i supported, don't have cameras (guess, why?).
Though, if you don't believe me, you can ask Yuhma Mishshi, Chuvash national poet and the president of a cultural organization. I've donated some money for schools to buy books + bought a couple of musical instruments.
As i've said, i'm also the student, so i don't have much money. If i have at least some extra, i try to spend them for Chuvash culture and kids development, though, i also have some dreams for myself.

=============
Anyway, i'm gonna close (oh, again!?) the topic of money or whatever. To pay or not to pay - it's your choice. I don't make you do that, so i think, you don't have any rights to blame me for charging or for spending, as i've done a lot of work (at least, you use free version with lots of opportunities, blaming me at the same time - what the nonsense!). So, i'm not gonna answer those spam anymore.

Also, i'm sorry, as i've promised someone, that a small update would come soon, but it hasn't come yet... i'm really busy right now. When i have some free time, i'll release it and will start preparations for 2k11.
Vl@d Zola Jr.
Contributor
Contributor

How do you edit CMG my player files

Postby energizer1 on Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:31 am

Hello,

I have recently purchased the player license for the v1.1 editor and registered it without a problem (the REDitor says that it is registered to me so I know I typed in the data correctly) but I can only open the .ROS roster files, I can not open any other files with the registered program. I tried reinstalling and still the same thing. When I start the program and open the file only file types I see are .ROS files and all supported file types. I have tried both without any luck. I am using WIN XP and am the ADMIN for this account. I am also pointing to the correct 2k10 saves directory as I can see all of the .CMG files but can't open them. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
energizer1

Re: REDitor (Current v. 1.1.1).

Postby Vl@d Zola Jr. on Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:17 pm

energizer1, i've answered you via E-Mail ;)

=====================
New minor version is released. Preparations for 2k11 are about to start. Screenshots will be closer to the game release.
Vl@d Zola Jr.
Contributor
Contributor

Postby JaoSming on Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:36 pm

hopefully we get a demo that spoils the roster format so we can crack it asap
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby bigcarddawg on Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:33 am

Having problems with version 1.1.1. When I try to edit the staff height column for a .FXG file I get a violation error with REditor.exe. I am trying to copy the data from an Excel spreadsheet and paste it in the Height column under the "Staff" tab. I had no problem doing so with version 1.1
bigcarddawg

Postby Vl@d Zola Jr. on Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:45 am

Yeah, my bad... hot-fix is released.
Vl@d Zola Jr.
Contributor
Contributor

Re: REDitor (Current v. 1.1.2).

Postby fastridah090377 on Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:58 pm

can you edit draft class with reditor?
fastridah090377

Postby bigcarddawg on Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:08 pm

How do you change the Team in an Association file? The REDitor doesn't allow you to change it.
bigcarddawg

Postby JaoSming on Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:09 pm

yea the developer and full licenses can edit them
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Vl@d Zola Jr. on Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:14 pm

Vl@d Zola Jr.
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bigcarddawg on Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:46 am

I have the full license and it still doesn't let me edit the team for any player in an association file. So again I ask, how do you edit the team?
bigcarddawg

Postby Vl@d Zola Jr. on Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:04 pm

What do you mean "it doesn't let"?
I can see both column TeamID in Players tab and cols like Rotation_PG, Rotation_SG, etc. in Teams tab. And there are no problem with editing and saving them...
Vl@d Zola Jr.
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bigcarddawg on Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:37 am

When I click on the TeamID column in the players tab, you cannot edit the column. If you double click it, another column is highlighted instead of TeamID. All other columns can be edited instead of teamid.
bigcarddawg

Postby LHead2 on Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:57 pm

gibbathy wrote:
damonrulz wrote:gibbathy, what happened?

I fill in the paypal details - comes up with "Socket Error # 10060 - Connection timed out"

Well, I finally bite the bullet and buy the developer version (partly in the hope that there will be a discount (or free-of-charge) for the 2K11 REDitor if it does exist) and I get this error. Sent in the requested information, just putting up this post as an extra notification.
LHead2

Postby Vl@d Zola Jr. on Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:01 am

When I click on the TeamID column in the players tab, you cannot edit the column. If you double click it, another column is highlighted instead of TeamID. All other columns can be edited instead of teamid.

Are you sure, you are talking about TeamID column (numbered 226)? Team (without ID) column, numbered 5, is not directly editable - it's just a notifier for easy roster-browsing. It will be changed automatically, if you edit one of RotationPG, RotationSG, ... RES3 columns on Teams tab (that is moving the players between teams).

Well, I finally bite the bullet and buy the developer version (partly in the hope that there will be a discount (or free-of-charge) for the 2K11 REDitor if it does exist) and I get this error. Sent in the requested information, just putting up this post as an extra notification.

I got your message and replied with the key. REDitor for 2k11 will be surely released and there will be a discount for "old" users. So, it's a good choice from your side! Thx again for the purchasing! :)
Vl@d Zola Jr.
Contributor
Contributor

Postby LHead2 on Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:03 am

Vl@d Zola Jr. wrote:

Are you sure, you are talking about TeamID column (numbered 226)? Team (without ID) column, numbered 5, is not directly editable - it's just a notifier for easy roster-browsing. It will be changed automatically, if you edit one of RotationPG, RotationSG, ... RES3 columns on Teams tab (that is moving the players between teams).

I got your message and replied with the key. REDitor for 2k11 will be surely released and there will be a discount for "old" users. So, it's a good choice from your side! Thx again for the purchasing! :)

Thanks, Vlad. Good luck with REDitor for 2K11. Wish we'd get a demo so we could glean some information a bit earlier.
LHead2

Postby bigcarddawg on Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:28 pm

I changed the RES3 column to the Player ID on the TEAMS tab but now the player does not show up on the roster in the Association. The correct Team shows up in the PLAYERS tab. Also, if you change the MinsAsg column for RES3 to 128 and save the file, the MinsAsg column still shows 33 when you open up the Association file again.
bigcarddawg

Postby manustyle90 on Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:36 am

vl@d, i hope that this beautyful tool will be available for 2k11 soon, because it is absolutely a must for who plays a realistic association (add new players, tune injuries, create d leaguers etc.).
i hope you'll start working on it as soon as 2k11 is out...might be the greatest tool for the greatest sports game (Y)
manustyle90

Postby Vl@d Zola Jr. on Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:22 am

bigcarddawg wrote:I changed the RES3 column to the Player ID on the TEAMS tab but now the player does not show up on the roster in the Association. The correct Team shows up in the PLAYERS tab. Also, if you change the MinsAsg column for RES3 to 128 and save the file, the MinsAsg column still shows 33 when you open up the Association file again.

To solve the second issue, try the attached fixed exe-file. There was a glitch with this.
About the first one: rotations for teams are duplicated in the file, so maybe, the second copy is used in Association and other modes.
This requires "tables" (already using the term from REDitor II) to be updated. I'll release a new version a bit later.

File: http://www.filefront.com/17313958/REDitor.zip

manustyle90 wrote:vl@d, i hope that this beautyful tool will be available for 2k11 soon, because it is absolutely a must for who plays a realistic association (add new players, tune injuries, create d leaguers etc.).
i hope you'll start working on it as soon as 2k11 is out...might be the greatest tool for the greatest sports game (Y)

Thx, bro!
I'm already working on REDitor II (preparing for 2k11) during my free time. As soon, as it's released, i'll start decoding structures' format. So, i think, we will be able to make global modifications by the beginning of November, if there will be no problem with my free time.
Vl@d Zola Jr.
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Batzmanz on Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:57 am

Will there be a full release of this when 2k11 is out?
Batzmanz

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K10 Modding