* 95-96 rosteR tribute video to all those that worked on it.

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K10 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: * 95-96 roster 90'S STYLE TNT SCOREBOARD RELEASED & 97Dr

Postby regret on Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:24 am

Bulls portraits, after putting these portraits in and loading up the roster you included, are completely wrong. Pippen is the only one that's right. I don't know what happened there, haha.

Edit: Just looked around and a lot of the portraits are wrong for me. There's so many I couldn't even tell you which ones, haha. I'm seeing a lot of present day player portraits in place of the 95-96 players and the such. No idea if this is just me or what.
regret

Postby DefJam on Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:32 am

only bulls portraits? Others are working fine? I don't know how can it be.I just checked the roster files with reditor everything is good and also did you put all the files? I mean portrait.cdf portrait.iff all png files and roster file?
DefJam

Postby DefJam on Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:35 am

Hmm maybe the problem is I put the 95-96 roster mode files on the game which had 2001 roster mode files and then I started working with everything and you don't have 2001 roster mode files in your 2k10 folder.
DefJam

Postby regret on Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:43 am

Haha maybe. I did everything right, I'm positive. Put .cdf .iff and the png.iff files all in my NBA 2K10 folder with the 95-96 files and such, and then I put the roster file in, deleted the old one, and loaded the new one up and checked the portraits and they're all messed up for me, haha.
regret

Postby DefJam on Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:49 am

wow I have no idea how can this be,maybe it does have to do something with game versions? I heard there are like couple version of this game.Was your game modded before putting these files and before putting 95-96 roster mode files? Anyways for example Micheal Jordan png file is png910.iff and in roster file it shows port cf id(the id of portrait) 910 and there shouldn't be any problems.We should hear if more people are having this problem,if yes then it's really bad because right now I don't know how to help.
DefJam

Postby DefJam on Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:01 am

I'm not sure if this gonna help but try to add this one file to nba 2k10 folder

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PE188H05

But that's how my game looks I put the 2001 roster mode long time ago then I added the 3 folders that stomp posted when he released mode and then I worked with this stuff.
DefJam

Postby Yo1 on Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:30 am

Keep it up man, you are the BEST! (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y)
Pure SICKNESS!!!!
Yo1

Postby DefJam on Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:37 am

Looks like it's probably my problem because of game full with retro mods,one question for example:
do you see Caron Butler's face instead of Michael Jordan's in portraits?

If yes then it's problem with portrait cdf and iff .Press right mouse button on cdf one file and do you see make available offline those three words in bold letters?
DefJam

Postby StompTheCourt on Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:38 am

yeah thx def so one question we dont need to use created teams in association no more?
StompTheCourt
NBA2K Modding Vet
Contributor

Postby DefJam on Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:40 am

No more,because there are no more created teams in that roster :D But now I'm wondering if portraits are working for anyone.Did they work for you when I send you the first preview version for example?
DefJam

Re: * 95-96 roster with DefJam's draft class and Portrait RL

Postby regret on Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:46 am

I added the portrait.edit file, but that didn't fix it. I am seeing Caron Butler instead of Michael Jordan. I noticed that the .iff file 910 was for both MJ and Caron, so I figured there was something up with that. Any idea what can be done or am I gonna have to get one of the older rosters that you uploaded before?
regret

Postby StompTheCourt on Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:47 am

DefJam wrote:No more,because there are no more created teams in that roster :D But now I'm wondering if portraits are working for anyone.Did they work for you when I send you the first preview version for example?

i didnt have a chance to try man sorry right back to work but i am gonna try these
ones when i get done working out but and they are downloading right now but i will try
when they are done and post right away

bee-boy
sorry man i tried once and it looked like ass thats why i decided to go with TNT
also i was watching alot of old games on youtube the other day and noticed that
just as many games were played on TNT as they were on NBC sorry man

Regret are you using store bought NBA2k10? i ask because no one else has posted any problems
StompTheCourt
NBA2K Modding Vet
Contributor

Postby DefJam on Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:54 am

regret wrote:I added the portrait.edit file, but that didn't fix it. I am seeing Caron Butler instead of Michael Jordan. I noticed that the .iff file 910 was for both MJ and Caron, so I figured there was something up with that. Any idea what can be done or am I gonna have to get one of the older rosters that you uploaded before?

Did you overwrite png910 file from my folder with your games 910? You gotta overwrite all the files from my png files folder with your games png files (you can make a back up of each player that is gonna be overwritten but I have the back up folder so anyways).But looks like the problem is with cdf and iff files and mostly I think with cdf.Another question,go to the knicks and look at derek harper,do you see Josh Howards portrait or the guy who looks a bit old or something like that?
DefJam

Postby StompTheCourt on Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:11 pm

looks like he is right def bro check it out and you know that i added everything
ImageImageImage
StompTheCourt
NBA2K Modding Vet
Contributor

Postby StormsWarning on Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:13 pm

hey guys just wanted to say thank you all is in place for me, portraits are all there, even billy owen's n bob sura, i simmed a complete association mode, and all went well, but when it got to nba draft that's when the crash hit, now it could have been my fault. because at the beginning of the association, it ask you, what do you wanna do as far as the draft, i chose auto - generate, so im thinking that because there prolly was not enuff players in the free agent list, because ppl like iverson, kobe, was signed in the middle of the season , and there was not a dc ros file to load that is why it crashed ( maybe ) in ass. mode my thinking is to turn off cpu signings, then some how load dc ros file, and that might eliminate it, or did i do it wrong, as far as picking draft class ? other than that it ran through the whole season fine no crash, all portraits are there and cf's great job bro! (Y)

edit... only thing i have is bobcats ros is kinda crazy, but that coulda been meant to? i have tony parker etc on mine..?

Last edited by StormsWarning on Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Favorite Teams

Cleveland Browns

Cleveland Indians

Cleveland Cavaliers

Live Video Game Streamiing https://beam.pro/Stormz_Warning
StormsWarning

Postby regret on Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:16 pm

Yeah that's exactly what I'm getting, STOMP. I hope somehow this can be remedied, because I feel like the portraits would make this roster completely perfect.
regret

Postby StormsWarning on Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:32 pm

regret wrote:Yeah that's exactly what I'm getting, STOMP. I hope somehow this can be remedied, because I feel like the portraits would make this roster completely perfect.

reg check to make sure none of the links were corrupt, u should have 71 png files in the folder, the ros file and both portraits files, over write everything 1 by 1 ( do not click overwrite all at one time, this to can corrupt the transfer of the files )
Favorite Teams

Cleveland Browns

Cleveland Indians

Cleveland Cavaliers

StormsWarning

Postby regret on Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:14 pm

I just loaded up the older roster (the one on page 1) and all of the portraits are set to the right people. BUT. some people just don't have portraits at all, like, a lot of them are missing. Even people who had portraits before. For example, the only person on the Bulls to have a portrait is Pippen. It has to have something to do with the new roster having some of the 2001 roster lists on it, or something. I have no idea.
regret

Postby StormsWarning on Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:18 pm

regret wrote:I just loaded up the older roster (the one on page 1) and all of the portraits are set to the right people. BUT. some people just don't have portraits at all, like, a lot of them are missing. Even people who had portraits before. For example, the only person on the Bulls to have a portrait is Pippen. It has to have something to do with the new roster having some of the 2001 roster lists on it, or something. I have no idea.

i dont know dude my screen shots are just as of tonight, you might to just make a new copy of your 2k10 folder and start it all over, outside of that draft class crash, it's running as defjam intended it to.
Favorite Teams

Cleveland Browns

Cleveland Indians

Cleveland Cavaliers

StormsWarning

Postby regret on Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:25 pm

It's not my 2K10 folder, it's that new roster. The new portraits are just not matching up with the rosters. I don't know, haha.
regret

Postby StompTheCourt on Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:35 pm

i got it to work bro what i did was delete the roster file then restarted my computer then re downoloaded the
portraits and put them in one by one and it worked wooohoooo thank god man regret you just have to do what i did
and just mess with it
StompTheCourt
NBA2K Modding Vet
Contributor

Postby liqiudswords8 on Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:13 pm

awesome roster. I've started using it to play as Jordan through my favorite season in NBA history! I've noticed a couple of bugs though.
I've not played more than 3 or 4 games into the season yet, but I've noticed a few players are still showing up with white arms and no head. Rick Fox is the only one that comes to mind, but I know there was a few others. Also, and this one is very minor, but whenever the commentaters are talking about Jordan, half the time they refer to him as Caron Butler (pregame, and during certain scripted commentary), but whenever I score, they say Jordan.
Thanks guys
liqiudswords8

Postby DefJam on Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:49 pm

liqiudswords8 wrote:awesome roster. I've started using it to play as Jordan through my favorite season in NBA history! I've noticed a couple of bugs though.
I've not played more than 3 or 4 games into the season yet, but I've noticed a few players are still showing up with white arms and no head. Rick Fox is the only one that comes to mind, but I know there was a few others. Also, and this one is very minor, but whenever the commentaters are talking about Jordan, half the time they refer to him as Caron Butler (pregame, and during certain scripted commentary), but whenever I score, they say Jordan.
Thanks guys

Rick Fox id is png074.iff,did you download all three stompthecourt folders he posted before? There is Rick Fox in one of them.
I used not auto generate rookie but create draft class or something like that then I didn't choose anything just pressed enter simulated the whole season and after rookie drafts on the next season I see the players,tried same with auto generate and it crashed so don't choose auto generate then.

regret wrote:It's not my 2K10 folder, it's that new roster. The new portraits are just not matching up with the rosters. I don't know, haha.

If there are still some problems I suggest downloading 2001 roster mode,overwriting all the png files from it with your game ones,then overwriting stompthecourts those 3 folders he posted when he released the mode and then my portrait files and all that,maybe this way it will work.

2001 roster file
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8ZNSLK9J
DefJam

Postby ssonic on Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:17 pm

i installed nba again, added 2001 roster (which works perfectly!), then i replaced those files with 96 roster by STOMP (works as before). than i replaced files with ones by DefJam - game works fine but portraits still don't match :?: ...Ervin Johnson (Seattle) has photo of Luke Ridnour, the only one with matching photo on Bulls is Pippen and so on... actually i get the same picture as STOMP posted above.
ssonic

Postby DefJam on Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:32 pm

Hmm if it's not a big problem for you you can try to add rrp 2k3 roster mode files to your game( I will post the link soon) then 2001 mode files then 95-96 roster mode files and then my portrait pack files,I hope you didn't delete the roster mode files from your computer.Maybe this way it will work but I can't promise anything.
DefJam

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K10 Modding