Rashidi's roster using Synergy Sports

Talk about NBA 2K10 here.

Rashidi's roster using Synergy Sports

Postby atlwarrior on Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:31 pm

Rashidi is now rating players using synergy stats in his roster. He is using it on the ratings and player tendencies. I guess i cant argue with any of his edits anymore. lol To see more info go to [url]thereal2kinsider.blogspot.com[/url]. Too bad these are only for 360 users.
atlwarrior

Re: Rashidi's roster using Synergy Sports

Postby gOry on Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:23 am

thx for the information bro.. (Y)
gOry

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:53 am

atlwarya9 wrote:I guess i cant argue with any of his edits anymore. lol

You still can.
The ratings are dependent on how Rashidi translates the Synergy data into the range of 2K's ratings.
If Rashidi makes a mistake in translating that data into ratings, then the ratings can be inaccurate.
In other words, user (translator) error.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby atlwarrior on Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:57 pm

Well lets hope that wont happen too many times. Im sure it will happen a couple of times.
atlwarrior

Postby benji on Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:01 pm

That's a systemic error though, not a mere few players being wrong but every player being wrong. But he appears to be smart enough to reverse-engineer 2K's methodology as I did EA's almost a decade ago.

The site seems to indicate it's mainly tendency info, which is the primary benefit of Synergy's data.

I don't want to go through his blogspot, has he ever posted what "advanced stats" he's using for the regular ratings?

I did find a post where he says:
Synergy is VERY specific and video game ratings are not. Sports games have made baby steps in this department, but there is still a lot of work to be done. It will be years before Synergy can be utilized in video games the same way NBA coaches and GMs use it.

So he's already in the highest percentile of NLSC posters in rational thinking.

I wonder what kind of data he is keeping.

Someone should direct him to the NLSC, note the size of the 2K PC base, and maybe mention there's people here who would be able to understand, port and possibly help improve his work.
benji

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:07 pm

He uses Synergy mostly for Tendencies and Hot Spots (along with nba.com's hot spot data). His advanced stats are the ones you and anyone not living in the middle ages know, mostly from b-r and 82games. Along with draftexpress for the rookies and athletic attributes.

He's been doing this for a long time since 2K3. He hit a bit of a snag with 2K10 because of the revamped ratings range (25-100) instead of the old one (50-100) so he had to adjust how to translate the data and fit with 2K10's range.

He's not into sim results but rather more focused on getting 'real life' results based on testing user vs. cpu or cpu vs. cpu at HOF difficulty and he adjust the ratings based on that to make the gameplay results closer to that of actual NBA data.

I don't know if he's receptive about suggesting the PC user base. PS3 owners have been begging him in OS all the time, and it usually doesn't end up good in those threads. Same with how he handles criticism from other roster makers in OS on how they can improve each other's work.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby Patr1ck on Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:48 pm

I think its a good idea since there is a roster editor that would allow him to make the changes much quicker.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:04 pm

I'm open to the idea and want to port his 360 rosters for PC users, I'm just saying don't get our hopes up. He's pretty protective of his work.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby Patr1ck on Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:25 am

Heh, a born patcher.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby atlwarrior on Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:39 am

shadowgrin wrote:I'm open to the idea and want to port his 360 rosters for PC users, I'm just saying don't get our hopes up. He's pretty protective of his work.

I hope that goes well. I tried to pull that off when Nba 2k9 came out and never got a response. I hate he doesnt put his roster updates on txt anymore anymore like he did with nba 2k8 and all the 2k's before but then again I dont blame him that takes a lot of time. But it was convenient for those who had different consoles.
atlwarrior

Return to NBA 2K10