ROSTER HELP: Duriblity and Player's Potential?

Talk about NBA 2K10 here.

ROSTER HELP: Duriblity and Player's Potential?

Postby d-fish on Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:33 am

As some of you may know I'm working on the FIBA Roster and I need some quick help with two of the player attributes. I'm not sure what "Durability" and "Player's Potential" mean exactly. I mean, I assume that "Durability" is how easily a player gets injured... Please let me know if this isn't right. And is "Player Potential" just relevant in Association mode or does it really affect the player in season and exhibition mode. I mean, it seems like that attribute is just about how better a player will get, and that would only matter in Season and Association mode. Again, please let me know if I'm wrong. Thanks very much in advance.
RETIRED MODDER I used to MOD, but I quit because people & whatnot...
d-fish

Re: ROSTER HELP: Duriblity and Player's Potential?

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:46 am

You're right about Durability. The higher the rating the less chances of that player getting injured or the severity of the injury.

Potential is how the player ratings will increase or decrease in a career, so it's basically for association play only. In season mode (and association), it's considered by the game's trade logic, along with overall rating, age, and salary.

Though some think that Potential really does nothing and that player development/decline is determined not by the Potential attribute. That's why in some cases CAPs, even with high potential rating, don't develop in association play (outside of development drills).
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby d-fish on Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:57 am

Cool! Thanks so much, shadowgrin! (Y)
RETIRED MODDER I used to MOD, but I quit because people & whatnot...
d-fish

Postby Vl@d Zola Jr. on Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:14 am

Though some think that Potential really does nothing and that player development/decline is determined not by the Potential attribute. That's why in some cases CAPs, even with high potential rating, don't develop in association play (outside of development drills).

i've made a supposition, that Player Potential is just a visual part of the potential, the real potential is that some unknown skill, which can't be accessed through the game, but can be edited with REDitor...
Vl@d Zola Jr.
Contributor
Contributor

Postby shadowgrin on Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:56 am

Unknown skill like what? If it is unknown how can it be edited with the REDitor?

You maybe on to something though. Some Roster makers like Rashidi thinks that player development is 'hard-coded' to each player that's why some CAPS don't develop. Others think that Potential is the max overall rating? a player can attain.

Maybe that thing you found is the actual hard-coded potential rating of the player.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby Vl@d Zola Jr. on Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:10 am

It's called inside REDitor SSmth (Skill - Something), because it can't be accessed via the game, so i don't know the real purpose of it.
Still, i start thinking, it's not potential, as bigger players have lower values for this skill.
Vl@d Zola Jr.
Contributor
Contributor

Postby BrotherJRB on Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:26 am

Vl@d Zola Jr. wrote:It's called inside REDitor SSmth (Skill - Something), because it can't be accessed via the game, so i don't know the real purpose of it.
Still, i start thinking, it's not potential, as bigger players have lower values for this skill.

I thought it was "fastbreak".

In the old 2k's that used to be a hidden attribute.
2013 is the year?
Thanks to Vl@d, Leftos and all the other patchers for their hard work.
BrotherJRB

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:55 pm

Makes sense. (Y)
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Return to NBA 2K10