How to get pass defender without defender "holding" player

Talk about NBA 2K10 here.

How to get pass defender without defender "holding" player

Postby nbafan82 on Fri May 21, 2010 7:20 pm

Hi all
I've just joined nba-live cause I've grown tired of googling this but the again maybe I don't know the exact words to describe it :? so here goes...

I want to know is there a way to prevent the defender from holding/stopping a player when the player (without the ball) wants to move lets say towards the baseline? This can actually happen anywhere on the court and the two players will like fight for position for some time, making them both not moving. I've even got three seconds violation because of it if it happens in the D. But the thing is when I'm defending the PC player does not do that, when it does happen they would quickly get out of it. So there must be a way out of this.

Anyone???
nbafan82

Re: How to get pass defender without defender "holding" play

Postby JaoSming on Fri May 21, 2010 7:38 pm

didnt quite understand your post but you can either grab a player with the lock on defense button, or you can guard a player tight using the right stick/shot stick
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby nbafan82 on Fri May 21, 2010 8:24 pm

hey JaoSming
I'm talking about when playing with the PC and I'm attacking. Say I'm on the wing and pass the ball to a player on top of D, then i want to cut towards baseline. When I'll cut, if the defender is right in front of me he can like prevent/hold me from moving and we would stay like that and at the same place for sometime. I haven't noticed if it happens only when I'm like really close the my defender.

if you still don't understand i can take a photo snap of it but that will have to be on Monday....
nbafan82

Postby kittles7 on Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:28 pm

nbafan82 wrote:Hi all
I've just joined nba-live cause I've grown tired of googling this but the again maybe I don't know the exact words to describe it :? so here goes...

I want to know is there a way to prevent the defender from holding/stopping a player when the player (without the ball) wants to move lets say towards the baseline? This can actually happen anywhere on the court and the two players will like fight for position for some time, making them both not moving. I've even got three seconds violation because of it if it happens in the D. But the thing is when I'm defending the PC player does not do that, when it does happen they would quickly get out of it. So there must be a way out of this.

Anyone???

Sir, I would like to know a way to remove this forcefield near out of bounds. it's the most unrealistic thing about the game. it's purpose is to prevent players from running out of bound with slight touches of the analog stick. it really should be an on / off control option to help new players. you should be able to step on the out of bounds line if you are not careful controlling your dribble.

i've had times where the cpu would grab a rebound while falling out of bounds, only to have the force field save him from going out of bounds, unnaturally keeping the play alive. if that control forcefield while dribbling near out of bounds can be removed, that would greatly improve the game.
kittles7

Return to NBA 2K10