Your Player

Talk about NBA 2K10 here.

Re: Your Player

Postby Chino on Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:59 pm

C-77 wrote:Chino, how about upping your consistency? that will put you out of the shooting slump

Yeah I'm trying to increase my consistency. Currently it is around 57 so more work needed.

My player got send back to D-League because my last three games with the Sun really sucked. (N) I got ave D grade for that three games. :x I'm currently playing with Iowa Energy and hoping that I can improve my player.
Chino

Postby imefimef on Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:13 am

vashyoung wrote::) old saying ... 2k10 commentator said everytime... " there is a high percentage shot and now there is a 100% shot " take it hard to the rim :) for scoring sg i rather attack the basket then taking jumpers.

YOur so right, i have a 6'4'' 3 point specialsit, in my sophmore season, i take a lotof 3s and make 31%(it was 23% in my rookie season) my rating for shooting 3s is 81, so is shooting off dribble and in traffic, but all the jumpshots have really quick releases so its hard regardless of the shot, but i when i increased the layup and dunk to 81 also and its much more effective, becuase even if you miss its more than likely a goods shot attempt so you get a plus for teammate grade, and you'll also get fouls.

I started out as a 41, undrafted then played 10 games in the DLEAGUE then got a ten game contract from the spurs, but they didn't make it to the playoffs, so i jumped ship to Orlando(got offers from them, TWOVLES(yea rite-and i actually live in minnesota rite now) and the spurs. off recent my scoring has gone way up(inside scoring). Right now im 62 overall(I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) ANd this game is wayyyyyyyyyyy funnnnnnnnnnerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr when you get better, my stats from my rookie season was 8pts 1.5rebs 3 asts, 31%fg, 23% 3ptrs 71% fts
now, 10pts, 1.4 rebs, 4 ast, 41% fg, 31% 3ptrs, 84% fts(AND ITS ONLY HALF OF MY SECOND SEASON)
I AM SOOOOO ADDICTED TO THIS GAME AND WHEN I PLAY BBALL REAL LIFE IT FEELS SO WEIRD cuz im playing like its 2K10 lol, boxing out, setting screens, actually playing defence lol i went out to buy NBA 2K10 (as opposed to downloading) cuz i could play online but i don't remeber when i played online last, im so hooked to MY PLAYER
They say "b!tc#" is the new black, well i say black is the new president b!tc#.
imefimef

Postby nba_baller on Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:37 am

I have to say I am addicted to this game mode. My player is a 6'6" All-Around SG who started at the summer circuit with the Knicks rated 41. They kept me for training camp, somehow made my way through training camp and onto their roster :D. Now, 50 games in I'm a start at SG for the Knicks and get 30+ minutes a game (I play 9 min quarters) and am rated 67, average 27 points, 6 assists, 5 rebounds, 3 steals, shoot 57% from the field and 85% from FT. The team is 39-11 (unrealistic i know but it is all because of me! :P) I am in clear lead for Rookie of the Year and in the conversation for MVP (OMG!). BUT, team chemistry is low and somethings up with the roles or something cuz when I go to roster my player has a -3 next to his rating like there is something wrong and I cant change that :( . So next season I may have to change teams.
nba_baller

Postby J@3 on Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:31 pm

My new guy is a 6'9 athletic SF, playing 8 minute quarters. Averaged 23/10/3/1/1 on 50% shooting in summer leagues for the Cavs and got training camp offers from almost every team in the league. I went with Phoenix because I figured it'd be good to have a decent PG and they aren't that strong at SF. First game against three of the Suns starters my dude somehow had 47/15... obviously you play the entire game at 8 minute quarters works out at 32 minutes, but he shot something like 20/27. He's only rated 44, I'm not sure how or why that happened. Is there a difficulty thing I can change? I don't want it to be that easy all the time :?
J@3

Postby Patr1ck on Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:31 pm

I think you can change the difficulty with that Tsearch program.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Gl3n_L0w3 on Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:28 am

6"9 PF Athletic 2nd season. This is the weirdest block he ever made.

Edit : Another astonishing one :roll:
Teammate grade points granted R0Fl
Last edited by Gl3n_L0w3 on Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gl3n_L0w3

Postby darenot2 on Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:48 am

Well im having problems with my center- 6'11" athlectic center rated 68 but I average 26ppg-9rpg-4apg-2bpg now that average is what I get currently on the cavs, I was on the magic and I was averaging a lil less on points and rebounds due to dwight. I liked the magic just not the coaching. Brandon bass was the starter pf and of course I couldnt be starter center but I was out doing bass every game during the first season, and yet gundy never made me start. We lost in the first round to the hawks due to horrible defense, we got swept. Well the next season came around and apparently wasnt much of a demand for centers cause only the cavs and the mavericks wanted me. Being that cleveland is my hometown of course I went there. Shaq retired which is why they wanted me, now I am the starting center and I get 35minutes a game. Now fast foward to the top on my averages...Im like dwight howard, and having a guy like dwight on the cavs equals win but heres the prob...Im the top scorer on my team...lebron is only getting like 9-12 points a game, alot of assist though but those mostly are to me lol. Now our chemistry is only 8% and I draw a double team in the paint and dish it out to a open mo or delonte and they NEVER take the open shot, they dish it elsewhere and im like "gah wtf!" Our record is 6-5 and its like if i dont step up and get 20+ we lose. Im just hoping maybe its the chemistry, last year the cavs where conference champions. Now I know its early but geez this cant keep up im just a rookie lol. I also know its early in the season but we dont want to start the season like this specially with the jesus of basketball on the team.
darenot2

Postby Phreezy P on Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:54 am

My player (SG all around 6"5 217) now is a 74 overall, 3pt to 77, mid to 81, dunk to 80 and I maxed out stamina and defensive awareness. He is dunking on people like it is nothing. Averaging 30 ppg. I had 5 straight games with 40+ points and one with 67 ponts :crazyeyes: .

^^ Hey Im on denver too! :P
LA | TO | MIN
Phreezy P
Varsity

Postby 4zero on Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:19 am

My player is an SG for Detroit and has an average 14 ppg, 5 rbg, 5 apg, and 2 spg/bpg. Played as the main substitute for Ben Gordon. I got invited to play for 10 games after my 10th game in D-League. when I checked the NBA news i found out that i am playing for Detroit for 0yrs/0$!!!! (i am playing for free for detroit) checked my player stat and also found out that i am still undrafted even though im on for my 32nd game.
4zero

Postby Phreezy P on Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:25 pm

I average 30.6 ppg now :crazyeyes:

^and it says 0yrs 0$ cause you start off with a ten day contract and no pay. And you are undrafted because you never got into the NBA Draft! You got signed!
LA | TO | MIN
Phreezy P
Varsity

Postby neo_zycho on Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:27 pm

can anyone help me, my player is now 70 overall rating, always finish the game with A+, and named player of the game alwaysm, but still im in the d-league, i had 100+ game already. can anyone tell me if this is a bug or any settings i can change
neo_zycho

Postby vashyoung on Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:02 pm

UNDRAFTED means you didnt register on a nba draft combine, team didnt invite you to any training camp before the nba draft night begins...

so the story on PC version MY PLAYER is... you are a player( a good b-ball player) you never got a chance you get drafted because of some reason... but a friend discover your talents (which is the 2k insider) and he told you that you will get a chance to play for a team and to showcase your talents... now the team likes you and never expected that you are so good and been wondering what the hell happen to all of the NBA scouts that they didnt even see you...

now you are playing for a nba team... :) blah blah blah
vashyoung

Postby 4zero on Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:58 am

Now I understand... thanks AirAaron & vashyoung! :P
4zero

Postby Christian. on Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:59 am

Currently playing for the Reno Bighorns as a scoring SF (18 PPG) and has an average rating of B. I already completed 16 games. I wonder what averages should I strive for me to win a 10 day NBA contract?

@4zero, welcome to NLSC. :wink:
Christian.
Aperture-Priority Mode

Postby 4zero on Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:10 am

@christian,

Thanks! i think you have to win almost every game you play with an A~A+ rating, do on/off ball screens a lot, accomplish all your objectives, or much better try to make up on what your player lacks. (not turnovers) :mrgreen:

That worked on me after creating 4 characters.
4zero

Postby darenot2 on Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:04 am

neo_zycho wrote:can anyone help me, my player is now 70 overall rating, always finish the game with A+, and named player of the game alwaysm, but still im in the d-league, i had 100+ game already. can anyone tell me if this is a bug or any settings i can change

Its a bug im sorry, but the only way is to start over, once you get so far into the d-league and dont get picked up its the bug. I had to start over a while back when i first made my center. What I did is get 3 a+ in a row and then the magic wanted me, but if it goes too long and your way into alot of games and your getting A's its the bug.
darenot2

Postby Phreezy P on Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:48 am

I did a my player about my little brother, Alex Phillips 6"7 200 Athletic Small Forward and in the summer ciruit he average 41 ppg :crazyeyes: ! He got an invite form every NBA team for training camp, averaged 40 ppg and easily made it onto the hornets squad :applaud: . Now he is coming off the bench with 12 ppg. :lol:
LA | TO | MIN
Phreezy P
Varsity

Postby neo_zycho on Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:10 pm

@darenot2

i wasted to much time on this, 2k, what the F*** are you doing. :evil:
neo_zycho

Postby Christian. on Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:32 pm

Go to Datablitz and buy Live.
Christian.
Aperture-Priority Mode

Postby Phreezy P on Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:37 pm

neo_zycho wrote:@darenot2

i wasted to much time on this, 2k, what the F*** are you doing. :evil:

Did you get the patch?
LA | TO | MIN
Phreezy P
Varsity

Postby TomCat on Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:19 am

I haven't had any problems with my guy after starting a career post-patch. I'm 64 overall and starting PG for the Indiana Pacers (ahead of Travis Deiner). God the team sucks though, we're 8-17! On like a 10 game losing streak or some shit.
2K10 Blazers Association | Photoshop Thread
Stan Smith "said", not wrote:Evening. Even-ing. Making things even.
TomCat
Providing quaility ____ since 1991

Postby Phreezy P on Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:51 am

TomCat wrote:I haven't had any problems with my guy after starting a career post-patch. I'm 64 overall and starting PG for the Indiana Pacers (ahead of Travis Deiner). God the team sucks though, we're 8-17! On like a 10 game losing streak or some shit.

Lol same here last season on detroit, we were last in the NBA lol.
Phreezy P
Varsity

Postby Chino on Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:12 am

Finally had my best game so far! 27 pts, FG 12-15(10-10 after the first half) 3 rebounds, 6 assists :D . My grade was A+ and I hit the game winning shot! By the way my overall is 51 and playing for Iowa Energy! :lol:
Chino

Postby Al Ka Pwn on Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:20 am

Keep it up. Game will still be annoying, but being better makes it more fun.
Al Ka Pwn

Postby wahey21 on Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:51 pm

7'4" athletic Centre - averaging almost 15 ppg 8 rpg 1 ast an 1 block , 53 rating sometimes put on the rotaion as Power Forward , after 10 Games in Dleauge 10 days contract with Miami , 6 times now named as player of the game , still not starting , still a backup for J. Oneal and haslem
wahey21

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K10