NBA 2k10 PC Impressions

Talk about NBA 2K10 here.

Re: NBA 2k10 PC Impressions

Postby Angelo on Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:21 pm

Finally i got my game and from the first 5 games that ive played with it im amazed by the new animations that were added ingame..
Angelo
Holy Tits
NLSC Team Member

Postby natche21 on Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:34 pm

Kris wrote:Finally i got my game and from the first 5 games that ive played with it im amazed by the new animations that were added ingame..

nice kris... can't wait to play this game
San Antonio SPURS 1999 2003 2005 2007 2014 NBA Champions
natche21

Postby domidomdomz on Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:01 pm

I already had NBA 2k10 earlier, but I wasnt able to play many games yet coz I have to go to the office. Later, when I come home, I'll be sharing some of my impressions. On the other hand, when I tried NBA Today, I was impressed when I played Celtics @ Nets, i was surprised that the ARENA is also being updated when connecting to NBA Today. I knew it because I saw vids of Nets court during the 360/ps3 release (it was last seasons's version) then it changed when I played earlier. :D

NBA 2K10 PC and XFire Username: domidomdomz
2KSports Gamertag Profile Page

Don’t you love the chase? Sometimes it doesn’t work out; those are the stakes. But when it does work out, it’s like having that first cigarette: your head gets all dizzy, your heart pounds, your knees go weak. Remember that?
domidomdomz

Postby gabolifal on Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:53 pm

Hello, I've been playing the game for about 3 days now:

-Gameplay: the game feels thicker, the annimations are just amazing, if it weren't for the colored circles beneath the player's feet you could say that we are talking about a TV transmission of the real game. The passes, the dunks, the lay ups and especially, I say again, especially the post moves. Such smooth movements, the possibility to create your style at the post is amazing, and I say it 'cause I'm a 'low post plays' lover.

-The modes: There are so many features and modes to play that I caught myself travelling through the menus for about five minutes. The data, statistics that you can compare. My player mode is just outstanding, we couldn't ask for more. I mean, i'ts a very deep gamemode, where you can really struggle for a place... You may feel anger sometimes 'cause it's hard, but there's nothing better than blocking DW12 and the crowd going crazy. I'm helping the Thunder to take the playoffs(6th). Ah, something I felt really angry about 2k9 was the fact that we could not practice inside the association mode, now we have it.

-Presentation and graphics: It's a beautiful game, period.

-Conclusion: Despite a few bugs, in both online and offline ends of the game, it's surely one of the the greatest digitals creations ever, 'cause the gameplay is not repetitive, and I don't mind if the sound of the announcer or the sound of the ball hitting the floor falis sometimes, in the past we used to play games with a midi sound, but they had addictive gameplays, and 2k10 is that, a very playable, a very payable videogame and if you don't buy it original kill yourself, it's just 20 bucks that you pay for a very respectful company: 2kSports. And if you don't agree with me go play NBA Live 10 for PC...(ahm?)
gabolifal

Postby flam1ng n1nja11 on Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:07 pm

gabolifal wrote:Hello, I've been playing the game for about 3 days now:

-Gameplay: the game feels thicker, the annimations are just amazing, if it weren't for the colored circles beneath the player's feet you could say that we are talking about a TV transmission of the real game. The passes, the dunks, the lay ups and especially, I say again, especially the post moves. Such smooth movements, the possibility to create your style at the post is amazing, and I say it 'cause I'm a 'low post plays' lover.

-The modes: There are so many features and modes to play that I caught myself travelling through the menus for about five minutes. The data, statistics that you can compare. My player mode is just outstanding, we couldn't ask for more. I mean, i'ts a very deep gamemode, where you can really struggle for a place... You may feel anger sometimes 'cause it's hard, but there's nothing better than blocking DW12 and the crowd going crazy. I'm helping the Thunder to take the playoffs(6th). Ah, something I felt really angry about 2k9 was the fact that we could not practice inside the association mode, now we have it.

-Presentation and graphics: It's a beautiful game, period.

-Conclusion: Despite a few bugs, in both online and offline ends of the game, it's surely one of the the greatest digitals creations ever, 'cause the gameplay is not repetitive, and I don't mind if the sound of the announcer or the sound of the ball hitting the floor falis sometimes, in the past we used to play games with a midi sound, but they had addictive gameplays, and 2k10 is that, a very playable, a very payable videogame and if you don't buy it original kill yourself, it's just 20 bucks that you pay for a very respectful company: 2kSports. And if you don't agree with me go play NBA Live 10 for PC...(ahm?)

YES!! and dont worry about the little glitches cos guess what 2K is doing right now.. working on a damn patch for us.. lol. its gonna be fixed in days so.. who honestly cares about the sounds.. like this fella said nba live 2000... think about that.. then think about 2k10. thats only 10 years but look where we are.. :P

My Opinion: NBA 2K10 = Masterpiece
flam1ng n1nja11
FN11

Postby J@3 on Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:14 pm

NBA Live 2000 was fantastic. Best game of the series.
J@3

Postby gabolifal on Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:35 pm

Man I hate people complaining about my player mode and how they screw with a wide open jumps... C'mon you even barely played, I don't know, ten games in your professional career? And you want the guy to scores like Kobe??!?!? I've played 15 games in the NBA with the thunders, I'm a 10.6 ppg, 5 rpg, 2.2 bpg(5min), and I couldn't be happier, when I scored in the face of Tim Duncan I felt great, c'mon man it's a slow gamemode where you have to enjoy every game, not just finishing 5 seasons in a week averaging like the king james!!! Just be patient, do your job and you'll probably be a nice player.
gabolifal

Postby Yo1 on Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:15 pm

Does anybody knows anything about importing a new dunk animations trough steam or something??????? :roll:
Pure SICKNESS!!!!
Yo1

Postby JaoSming on Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:20 pm

:? no?
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Yo1 on Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:43 pm

Does anybody knows a reason why all players that have their Signature Dunk Animations does not have it in the game??!!! I mean KG, Yao, Shaq etc. I have to increase their dunk raiting to 90, just to put Yao's dunk style to him! That realy sucks, his dunk rate is about -90 (minus 90)!!!! :D
Pure SICKNESS!!!!
Yo1

Postby wicked waway on Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:55 am

2 things I wish they fix

1. proper 16:10 support
2. closer camera views..the closest the broadcast/press cam can get is still far for my liking
Duterte 2016
wicked waway

Postby Teri on Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:46 am

Hello guys from Greece :D . And nice to meet you here. This is my first post and definitely i need your help.

Today i bought this game, but the graphics seem to judder all the time and it is very anoyning.

Well this is my system AMD ATHLON 64 DUAL CORE PROCESSOR 6400+ , 3.2 MHZ
4 GB Ram
ΑΤΙ 4890, my graphic card.

In your opinion which you believe is the problem for my quite poor performance?
Teri

Postby Dmayne on Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:57 am

Your specs are close to mine AMD athlon 64x2 dual 5000+
4gigs of ram
geforce 9800 gt

I run the game smoothly but cant run it all on high settings (disapearing jerseys)

I think your problem might be your video card?

Could be wrong not a big ATI fan...
Dmayne

Postby Al Ka Pwn on Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:30 am

I'm loving this. Had so much fun, I was barely able to turn off the game and go to sleep.
Al Ka Pwn

Postby gabolifal on Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:19 am

Al Ka Pwn wrote:I'm loving this. Had so much fun, I was barely able to turn off the game and go to sleep.

Welcome to the club buddy! hehehehe
gabolifal

Postby Davis on Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:36 am

My impressions:

-Gameplay is better this year. There needs to be some adjustments on CPU shot percentages but overall its much more realistic than 2k9.

-First thing I noticed was how they changed the players in relativity to the court. They are smaller and thus look more realistic.

-On the performance test I never dipped below 62 FPS in broadcast however when I switched to 2k cam there was some juddering. I saw that somehow vsync was turned off so I turned it back on and the juddering seemed to go away and cant really be noticed. (I also increased zoom on the 2k camera) (Running 3.2gb ddr1 ram, ati 4850, e8400). Hopefully they optimize this game with a new patch although I've never heard of a patch doing such a thing. ATI would have to release new drivers and NBA 2k probably isnt one of the biggest games for PC.

-I've noticed it is much harder to dunk. Is it just me? Sometimes, even with Lebron he'd go up for a dunk and miss it...it was in traffic but he had enough space. Even with Shaq in the paint, when I try to dunk, he instead puts it up off glass.

-Music is better than last year for sure.

-I was able to sign in to online and get NBA Today (hich evidently downloads Living Rosters as well) very easily.

Questions I have:

-How can you change the camera to whatever you like BEFORE you enter a game? I dont see any camera options so everytime I go into a Quick game or NBA Today game it defaults to broadcast. I have a feeling that in Association and My player it will save it but still.

-Online. I see there are Crews which you can setup and invite friends. But when I go into team it automatically find a match. Is there any way just to go online and bring up a list of online players and invite your friend to a game? Or do they have to join a crew that both of us are in? I wish there was just a main lobby.

Thanks in advance for anyone that replies with some kind of answer to my questions,

Davis
Davis

Postby JaoSming on Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:36 am

just had a wow moment

Played the Celtics vs Nets NBA Today game yesterday and I played in the generic D-League Stadium with a generic Nets court (I think it was the Nets Practice Court)

I just figured something was wrong with my files or I had something on medium or something....nope. Celtics didnt play the Nets in Izod last night, they were on a college court.

just wow...it knows the difference...wasn't expecting that
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby jusagamerk26 on Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:29 am

Kris wrote:Finally i got my game and from the first 5 games that ive played with it im amazed by the new animations that were added ingame..

sir kris, where did you get your game?
jusagamerk26

Postby BackB0ard on Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:21 pm

ok, im stopping playing 2k10 until it gets a patch, yes my player is quite exciting for the first few hours but after that its nothing but frustrating.
a regular game would be like, oh that flashing timeout lights send my framerates into hell, oh its just 1 minute before i get an A+, wow that animation where you bump against the camera dude is great, oh while im recovering and pointing at the cameraman, my matchup goes and hits the fastbreak, the game goes to overtime, there goes the flashing lights again, i feel like having a seizure, oh the game then decides to pick a random camera that sucks and gives me headaches, we lose and i get a C+.
oh well, good thing ive still got 2k9 installed.
BackB0ard

Postby lapis on Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:53 pm

so far it seems like 2k9 with some improvements (lock-on d, commentary, game modes, online play ect) which is a good thing. the only problems im having is the passing and ai difficulty.

icon passing works dif this time, seems like when you hit the L1 button which should be the center sometimes it passes to any player in the paint, this has screwed me a few times during a game, also the icons are messed up they dont match the buttons. D is over the SG would should be B ect, so i had to turn off the icons to keep them from screwing me up.

seems like the computer almost never misses, ive yet to play a game where the cpu didnt shoot over 80%. seems like no matter what i do its very hard to make the computer miss a shot. even bumped the difficulty down to pro and the cpu still shoots 80%+. the computer also seems to be very good at picking off passes, if try an even slightly risky pass the cpu picks it off every time, and picks off many passes in general. i seem to remember 2k9s ai being good at picking off passes too out of the box. luckily these things should be fixable with the sliders.
Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics. Even if you win youre still retarded.
lapis

Postby Blacksmurf313 on Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:19 pm

Ive had NbA2k10 since yesterday..........This is what video gaming is suppose to be.
Presentation: Ifeel like im watching a real NBA telecast....just Awesome
game menues: I love em........ Amazing
Graphics: are fluid, smooth and effortlessly amazing.
Game Modes: This game is so deep.....You will practically dedicate alot of your game time to this great peice of work.
whats cool: There are new ratings for players such as emotion, off hand dribbling, ball security, Inside shot and alot of other intangibles that plays a major roll in NBA basketball.
Other cool stuff: The play books have be revamped or should I say have been AMPED!!! Oh yeah you can call basic quick plays or call plays for specific positions. That way, you dont have change your playbook when that good player comes off the bench or one of your players get subbed in a diffent position.

This game has exceeded my expectations, 2Ksports are the fizzle. Dont listend to any whinny complaints..........This is the best game ever made......Ive been gaming 32 years, at the age of four I learned to play pacman, do whatever you gotta do to get this game. At a price of $20.00 this is the best value since the .99 double Cheese burger.
phpBB [video]
Blacksmurf313

Postby gast on Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:49 pm

hello guys,
whats the difficulty level you play in?
superstar and HOF level are too hard, or is it just me?
CPU never misses an open J, and they barely miss a semi-contested open J... im frustrated coz my kobe bryant bricks some open J's while Nene always makes a 15-18 footer all the time as long as he's wide open
no, im not whining, i like challenges but this isnt seem fair to me.... is all-star or pro levels more realistic?

and one thing, how do you limit cpu alley hoop buckets? man, it pisses me off when roy throws a pass in transition then fernandez jumps from nowhere and posterize kobe and pau for a jam
this is also common in halfcourt sets and its too frequent to be ignored...
gast

Postby BackB0ard on Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:07 pm

Blacksmurf313 wrote:This game has exceeded my expectations, 2Ksports are the fizzle. Dont listend to any whinny complaints..........This is the best game ever made......Ive been gaming 32 years, at the age of four I learned to play pacman, do whatever you gotta do to get this game. At a price of $20.00 this is the best value since the .99 double Cheese burger.

well, its the best game ever if pacman AND 2k10 are the only games you played. i mean come on, im a big 2k fan and all they had to do was copy 2k9 and they would still have a great game. this one has more bugs than beetlejuice's pants.
look at the reviews:
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/nba2k10/review.html
the sad thing is, this could easily be a 9 if it werent for the bugs.
@gast
i noticed that in superstar too, i dropped the setting down to all star and i think its more balanced, still too many alleyoops being thrown around though
BackB0ard

Postby gabolifal on Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:45 pm

One thing I notice every time I read a forum or something, it comes to me that everyone has it's own play style, so some people tends do post up and other tend to mid range jumps and stuff... BUT, in the NBA you can't have your style, the TEAM has it's own style, so if you play with the Jazz you should try to get the ball to the post, or if you play with hornets(stojakovic) you should then try to screen every time, try to find the open man and so on. And NBA 2k10 is all about good defense and perfectly-timed jumps, so you HAVE to practice the timing, you must go to shootaround to get the right way to throw the ball... And I say it 'cause I started an association mode with the bulls in supertars with the default sliders, 5 minutes, result: I got an average of 30.0 assists per game(team), even derrick rose scored twenty points ONLY from mid range efforts... I'm a good defender when it comes to challenge the shooter, so I won the first 5 games with many points, so you can't say that just CPU scores a lot from jumps, but you have to time well your throwing, if you do that you'll be a winner...

P.S.: All my games ends up 60 or 70 points, so if you play in 12 minutes quarter, you'll have a 145-137 game...heheheh
gabolifal

Postby gast on Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:30 pm

gabolifal wrote:One thing I notice every time I read a forum or something, it comes to me that everyone has it's own play style, so some people tends do post up and other tend to mid range jumps and stuff... BUT, in the NBA you can't have your style, the TEAM has it's own style, so if you play with the Jazz you should try to get the ball to the post, or if you play with hornets(stojakovic) you should then try to screen every time, try to find the open man and so on. And NBA 2k10 is all about good defense and perfectly-timed jumps, so you HAVE to practice the timing, you must go to shootaround to get the right way to throw the ball... And I say it 'cause I started an association mode with the bulls in supertars with the default sliders, 5 minutes, result: I got an average of 30.0 assists per game(team), even derrick rose scored twenty points ONLY from mid range efforts... I'm a good defender when it comes to challenge the shooter, so I won the first 5 games with many points, so you can't say that just CPU scores a lot from jumps, but you have to time well your throwing, if you do that you'll be a winner...

P.S.: All my games ends up 60 or 70 points, so if you play in 12 minutes quarter, you'll have a 145-137 game...heheheh

whats the difficulty when u play?
well ok, maybe its on me...
but how about the cpu alleys? most of their alleys are very unrealistic... how do u stop HOF cpu from doing alleys?
gast

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K10