Plans for My player career mode and my hopes of this mode.

Talk about NBA 2K10 here.

Plans for My player career mode and my hopes of this mode.

Postby Doobie on Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:25 pm

Assuming that My player career mode in NBA 2k10 is like madden superstar or RTTS on mlb the show, then I am very very happy. Pretty much plain and simple, the mode is basically you only control your player. This is what I am hoping, I hope it works this way. It adds a realism to the game of being a young player, I hope it's real up to the point where your team doesn't start you at first but you gotta build your way up to the starting line-up. The idea of only controlling one player, not even controlling when he plays, sounds very appealing to me. Well if the mode is like this, here are my career plans.

First and foremost I am going to make myself. a 5'10'' Point Guard who is 20 years old. My career aspirations are pretty much work hard to become a starter, and the rest goes from there. I plan to make all the plays that are needed, focussing on doing what has to be done to make my team better. If they need me to score, I'll score. If they need a playmaker, that will be me. I will focus on three point shooting, offensive awareness, and defense (if the game has a system where you put points to a certain category, kind of like RTTS for those familiar with the game.)

As of my career, I want to have a long lasting career. I think it's interesting to treat yourself as if you were a real NBA player. As of what I see you will most likely be a late second round pick, hopefully if you work hard you can make your way up to maybe early second round or late first round. My concern with this is that teams might have to have fake picks. Let's say by chance you happen to go 37th to the Spurs, that means Dejuan Blair will drop. That's a concern for me, hopefully something happens towards that.

Well anyways, I don't mind at first which teams draft me since I'm assuming I won't get much playing time for my first few seasons. I would like to go to a team that either needs a PG or will need a PG in the near future. Teams like PHX, MIA, LAL, DAL, PHI I really wouldn't mind. I wouldnt mind the Suns or Mavs cause I could sit behind Nash and Kidd till they retire. Outside of this, it will be a dream of mine to be the starting Point Guard for the New York Knicks. I would be willing to take a major paycut at some point in my career to play for my hometown team. To be honest though, I would love to remain loyal and spend my whole career with one franchise, but many things will factor into it. Money, Role on team, if we are contending or not, and what other teams are interested. In the late years of my career I would be willing to take a small one year deal to play for a contender, depends on if I'm still good or not.

I hope to have a consistent career, do what I can to help whatever team I'm on win. Hopefully this game has a hall of fame you can join, hopefully they retire jerseys. I would like to mean a lot to the NBA, and I'm pretty sure this is the closest any of us will get to play in the NBA, so yes I am taking it seriously. I know for a fact I won't stop playing this mode if it is what I hope it is. It makes a huge difference if you can control the your player alone or the whole team. I think it adds the ultimate realism if you can only control your player.

What I hope they do for this mode to make it real..

-offseason workouts
-Teams trading you
-being benched for bad play
-You can explore the free agent market and set what you want to get paid, and view the offers other teams give you.
-Point system to level up your player (kind of like an RPG but with ratings)
- HOPE TO GOD THIS MODE IS WHAT I THINK IT IS.
New York Knicks
Doobie
didn't do it.

Re: Plans for My player career mode and my hopes of this mode.

Postby The X on Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:22 pm

I read at IGN that you'll be uploaded one player to the 2k servers....that makes me wonder if they're going to have an online career option where it is player lock & you only control your own player....don't know how it would work, but for some reason that's where my head is at with this idea....
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Return to NBA 2K10