Which are the optimal Nvidia Control Panel settings for NBA 2K10 for my rig?

Talk about NBA 2K10 here.

Which are the optimal Nvidia Control Panel settings for NBA 2K10 for my rig?

Postby battacker on Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:32 am

Hi to all !

I would like to know which are the best video settings in Nvidia Control Panel for NBA 2K10 for my rig:

Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2.40 GHz CPU

Nvidia Gigabyte 9400 GT 1 GB GDDR2

4 GB DDR2 @400MHz RAM

the game is installed on a SSD, and the OS is Win 7 64 bit.

I know that my PC is ancient ,so I would please you to refrain from comments like that I should get a new PC etc.

I own only this PC at the moment,so I would please you to help me.

Thanks to all in advance.

Happy Holidays!
battacker

Re: Which are the optimal Nvidia Control Panel settings for NBA 2K10 for my rig?

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:21 am

battacker wrote:Hi to all !

I would like to know which are the best video settings in Nvidia Control Panel for NBA 2K10 for my rig:

4 GB DDR2 @400MHz RAM

I know that my PC is ancient ,so I would please you to refrain from comments like that I should get a new PC etc.

Happy Holidays!

I use AMD, but am going to help you the best I can.

First, make sure your PC is set to "Performance" in your advanced system/display settings.

Second, make sure in NVIDIA control panel that your graphics slider is set to "Maximum Performance" as opposed to "Best Graphics Quality"

Third, turn anti-aliasing off in your NVIDIA control panel.

Fourth, experiment with these 3 options under vertical sync - Off, Always on, or Use Application Settings. The best result for my brother who had a NVIDIA 960 was "Always On"

I am an AMD user, so I know my way around the AMD settings really well. However, my brother had a NVIDIA 960 which I tweaked for him quite a bit. I would also recommend playing the game in full screen mode (Not windowed or windowed full screen). You probably wont be able to max out the game, but you could still get decent performance out of it on Medium settings possibly. With a similar, very low end laptop with integrated Intel graphics, I was able to play NBA 2K14 for the PC at an acceptable frame rate on medium/low.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Re: Which are the optimal Nvidia Control Panel settings for NBA 2K10 for my rig?

Postby battacker on Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:17 am

Dee4Three wrote:
battacker wrote:Hi to all !

4 GB DDR2 @400MHz RAM

Happy Holidays!

I use AMD, but am going to help you the best I can.

First, make sure your PC is set to "Performance" in your advanced system/display settings.

Second, make sure in NVIDIA control panel that your graphics slider is set to "Maximum Performance" as opposed to "Best Graphics Quality"

Third, turn anti-aliasing off in your NVIDIA control panel.

Fourth, experiment with these 3 options under vertical sync - Off, Always on, or Use Application Settings. The best result for my brother who had a NVIDIA 960 was "Always On"

I am an AMD user, so I know my way around the AMD settings really well. However, my brother had a NVIDIA 960 which I tweaked for him quite a bit. I would also recommend playing the game in full screen mode (Not windowed or windowed full screen). You probably wont be able to max out the game, but you could still get decent performance out of it on Medium settings possibly. With a similar, very low end laptop with integrated Intel graphics, I was able to play NBA 2K14 for the PC at an acceptable frame rate on medium/low.

Thank you so much! :D
battacker

Return to NBA 2K10