Does anybody know how to change the audio file for a player?

Talk about NBA 2K10 here.

Does anybody know how to change the audio file for a player?

Postby Dee4Three on Sat May 13, 2017 2:50 pm

Hey guys,

The 91-92 Roster is awesome, it really is. The one big problem with it is the audio ID's, for Terry Porter, they will say "Porter", when he takes a shot or makes a pass. But if they start talking about him, they call him Mo Williams.

I have the free version of Reditor at the moment, and I cant find anywhere to make the audio file default. I'd rather they not talk about him at all than call him Mo Williams, I'd even rather them say #30.

Any help would be awesome. Thanks.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Re: Does anybody know how to change the audio file for a player?

Postby bongo88 on Sun May 14, 2017 2:11 am

Commentary is connected to Player ID.

here's the thread where they mention it bottom half of that page, or so:

http://www.nba-live.com/forums/viewtopi ... &start=300

Depending on functionality of REDEdit for 2k10, sounds like they just overwrote original 2k player id instead of making new players/slots.
Perhaps somebody who knows more about rosters could see if it's fixable
bongo88

Re: Does anybody know how to change the audio file for a player?

Postby bongo88 on Sun May 14, 2017 2:12 am

Blade Runner wrote:@Ultranix

Thanks man! I really would love to see a Sarunas face made (Y).

About the commentary, that's a problem that's happening almost every retro patch that is older than the 2000's era. The same happens to the 96 roster... it's inevitable as we have replaced current players with retro ones a thus the fun facts about them and sometimes certain commentary is from another (current) player. That happens because 90% of player commentary is in the player's ID and thus deep inside the core of the game, which can't be edited. First name ID and Last Name ID are just for in-game call-names which make up only a small percentage of all the commentary. What I do is paly whithout commentary and with Pa volume set to max (I got sick of the commentators a long time ago anyway).

As for Jordan, are you talking about his sig jumper? You can edit that yourself to whatever you want in edit mode screen (Y) . T.Sefolosha is another good option for him.

@Kris

Thanks for the sig jumper suggestion, that's a good one too!

@regret

I will try to upload other mirrors next week ok. But you can always wait to download the other parts, trust me, you won't regret it LOL.

Last but not least I made this vid where Mj talks about the Dream Team.

phpBB [video]

Enjoy (Y)

it's from this post, half way to bottom of page, a few other posts discuss it when they were making the 92 roster.
bongo88

Return to NBA 2K10