NBA 2K9 Headshape Modding Guide

Resources for NBA 2K9.

Re: NBA 2K9 Headshape Modding Guide

Postby chinoy316 on Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:27 am

I've tried a lot of methods. I searched the net. Downloaded all the needed OCX's said in the solutions and all I get is a runtime error '7' out of memory. I'm sure I did everything right for getting the vertex data.
Kobe: Sorry Lebron, maybe next year?
chinoy316

Postby [Double LC] on Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:53 am

[Double LC] wrote:
Pdub wrote:
i open chris bosh CF in hex and find the F870...but missing like your screen shot of hex example...

1FC68 start and 94BC length. Since it is bigger it must contain the hair, too.

thanks.... (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y)

CHRIS BOSH... the problem is i able to rotate the whole vertex in counter clockwise
and the XY PLANE === Side View and the YZ plane == FRONT VIEW
the Result...
GOD is GOOD, All the Time !!!

[Facebook] [Double LC - Blog] [bbs.baballs.com]
[<<CLICK ME>>]
"Sorry My Sucks ENGLISH !!!"
[Double LC]

Postby chinoy316 on Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:57 am

ANYONE PLEASE UPLOAD AN EBO EDITABLE HEADSHAPE FILE WITH THE VERTEX DATA OF ANY NBA 2K9 PLAYER. I JUST WANT TO KNOW IF IT'S MY COMPUTER THAT'S WRONG OR MY COPYING OF THE VERTEX DATA. I DID EVERYTHING IN THAT TUTORIAL BUT STILL RUNTIME ERROR AFTER RUNTIME ERROR. PLEASE, I WANT TO HELP OTHERS TOO BY PATCHING BUT FIRST YOU GUYS HAVE TO HELP ME. PLEASE. I'M REALLY THIS CLOSE TO GIVING UP, AND I KNOW IF I CAN FIGURE OUT WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS I CAN HELP PEOPLE. SO AGAIN, PLEASE.
chinoy316

Postby Patr1ck on Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:36 am

The ebo file from the tutorial comes with Kobe Bryant's face already in it. Open the ebo file and see if it crashes. I get a run-time error 9, subscript out of range when I have copied more data into an ebo file than it already had, I get the rune time error 7, out of memory if I don't copy enough. Maybe you aren't copying 70F8 of data from the iff file into 70F8 of selected data in the ebo file. In order to get the ebo file to open, we can only replace data. If we copy 70F8 of data onto a larger or smaller amount, it will corrupt the ebo file, causing ebodit to crash when you try to open it.

Double LC I'll help you in a little bit. I'll have to look at it myself.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Patr1ck on Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:39 am

Double LC. You may have inserted the data at the wrong point. Also, I just realized that you can't get his entire headshape into the ebo. Check this image.

See how his hair is cutoff? Because Bosh's headshape is 94BC of data, you can't fit it all into that ebo part because it is only 84B4. If you want to just edit the headshape, you can, but editing the hair would require you to only select 84B4 of Bosh's headshape, but starting from the end and going backwards. Of course then you would have to create a new bookmark in the ebo for the entire part(84B4) instead of just 70F8. Also, since the vertex faces wouldn't lineup correctly due to this, it would look funny in the editor, but if you decide to proceed with the editing, it won't hurt the outcome in NBA 2K9 since we are only changing the vertices position.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby chinoy316 on Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:09 pm

I already tried opening two blank windows and inserting the vertex data that's supposed to be copied from the iff file and the vertex data that's supposed to be overwritten in the ebo file, it's both in 70F8 size. Can I know what version of hexeditor you're using? I've literally wasted hours trying to figure out what's wrong.
chinoy316

Postby [Double LC] on Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:07 pm

@sir Pdub.... Thanks for patience... finally i got it..............you're the BEST MAN (Y) :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

CHRIS BOSH.....

[<<CLICK ME>>]
[Double LC]

Postby chinoy316 on Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:19 pm

I tried using vertex data from Kobe Bryant, which was EXACTLY the same, obviously. Runtime error 7 still occurred when using ebodit. I even looked at the end offset, 1EA38. I'm pretty convinced my hexeditor is a piece of shit.
chinoy316

Postby [Double LC] on Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:36 pm

@chinoy

Make Sure your Hex editor Like This....

then follow the instruction of tutorial of sir PDUB... (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y)
Last edited by [Double LC] on Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[<<CLICK ME>>]
[Double LC]

Postby chinoy316 on Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:58 pm

It is like that man. I followed all his instructions to the wire. Still doesn't work. I'll try another hexeditor in the meantime. The beginning of the vertex data is at 1B480, I really followed everything. Double LC, could you upload an ebo file with the vertex data of any player excluding kobe bryant? Just to confirm if I am in fact, a dumbfuck.
chinoy316

Postby [Double LC] on Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:15 pm

chinoy316 wrote:ANYONE PLEASE UPLOAD AN EBO EDITABLE HEADSHAPE FILE WITH THE VERTEX DATA OF ANY NBA 2K9 PLAYER. I JUST WANT TO KNOW IF IT'S MY COMPUTER THAT'S WRONG OR MY COPYING OF THE VERTEX DATA. I DID EVERYTHING IN THAT TUTORIAL BUT STILL RUNTIME ERROR AFTER RUNTIME ERROR. PLEASE, I WANT TO HELP OTHERS TOO BY PATCHING BUT FIRST YOU GUYS HAVE TO HELP ME. PLEASE. I'M REALLY THIS CLOSE TO GIVING UP, AND I KNOW IF I CAN FIGURE OUT WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS I CAN HELP PEOPLE. SO AGAIN, PLEASE.

HERE:

SAMPLE: GOODEN & BOSH

http://rapidshare.com/files/201043915/2K9_EBO.rar

[<<CLICK ME>>]
[Double LC]

Postby chinoy316 on Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:48 pm

Thanks Double LC. (Y)

You have just proven that I am in fact, a dumbass. :oops:

UPDATE: Not quite! I tried Double LC's hexeditor version 4.23 and it worked like a charm. Mine was v6.01, knew something was wrong! Shit I wasted about 6 hours trying to figure this out. I'm less of a dumbass now! Thanks very much Double LC and Pdub!!!
chinoy316

Postby Patr1ck on Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:19 pm

Your not a dumbass if the program you were using was at fault.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby chinoy316 on Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:28 am

Thanks. :) Hey Pdub, theoretically, could you copy a player's hair data only, excluding face, (bosh) to another player (gerald wallace)? Or vice versa, can you copy a player's face data only, excluding hair, (gerald wallace) to another player (bosh)?
chinoy316

Postby J-SMOOVE 5 on Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:36 am

chinoy316 wrote:Thanks. :) Hey Pdub, theoretically, could you copy a player's hair data only, excluding face, (bosh) to another player (gerald wallace)? Or vice versa, can you copy a player's face data only, excluding hair, (gerald wallace) to another player (bosh)?

that'd be great, and solve all our probs, bu the way can you do Gooden's dread-a-like beard :?:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYexfzWjRDI
J-SMOOVE 5

Postby Patr1ck on Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:42 am

I believe you could. As long as the headshape itself is still 70F8 of data without the hair. I assume it is because Bosh's headshape looked complete in eboedit. You could make a copy of the IFF file with hair, and paste Wallace's headshape over the first 70F8 of Bosh's face, then import Wallace's textures and rename the IFF file to replace Wallace's.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby chinoy316 on Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:09 am

I'm working on Drew Gooden's pirate beard. Kinda hard. Anyway, does Deshawn still sport a giant beard?

Pdub, that's exactly what I was thinking. So is the first 70F8 of Wallace's vertex data his face? Anyway, I'll give it a shot tomorrow. Name editing and body type editing is way easier than editing Wallace's hair manually.
chinoy316

Postby Patr1ck on Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:17 am

Oh, wait. No. 70F8 is the entire headshape. As for just replacing the face, I wouldn't know how to do that.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby chinoy316 on Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:02 pm

I experimented with my theory and here is what I came up with. I was hoping it would fix the headband problem but it didn't. A portion of bosh's hair and gerald's hair combined (note the light round part in front) which I have no idea how to fix right now because I discovered that importing a player's alpha into another (not sure if this glitch is limited to headshape changing) turns that player's face completely black. I'll try changing the face texture later. The headband shape can probably be fixed by ebodit. The hair also covers a portion of his ear. Again, not sure how to fix that.
chinoy316

Postby J-SMOOVE 5 on Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:26 pm

could you paste roger mason's hair on g-force?
it'd be much more realistic than bosh's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYexfzWjRDI
J-SMOOVE 5

Postby njkobe on Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:18 am

The G-Force actually looks cool with Bosh's hair :P If someone can completely figure out how to 'transfer' hair from one player to another, that'll be great (Y)
njkobe
The Black Mamba

Postby Patr1ck on Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:26 pm

You have to transfer the head to the IFF with hair, not the other way around. And, as you can see, we did.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby wtferrell on Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:24 am

Dumb question, but is there any way to zoom out after zooming in in ebo edit? I'm tired of closing it out and reopening.
wtferrell

Postby chinoy316 on Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:20 am

I've been wondering about this too. Wish someone would help.
chinoy316

Postby njkobe on Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:36 am

chinoy316, after this modification, does g-force still have his tache ebo attached to his chin as before?
njkobe
The Black Mamba

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K9 Tutorials & FAQs