How to make a court (READ THE WHOLE POST FOR SUCCESS)

Resources for NBA Live 2003.

How to make a court (READ THE WHOLE POST FOR SUCCESS)

Postby Murat on Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:50 pm

Yeah, we have 2 tutorials about that, but I wanted to tell again and again. This is court editing. I will tell about make a court.
Needed programs:

- Adobe Photoshop
- EA Graphics Editor
- FshEd
- an Hex Editor (use Hex Editor Neo, I use it)
- OEdit (optional, it's very easy)

1. Hex Editing

Well, first of all extract the xxcrt.fsh and xxcrt.o files to Desktop (or any place you prefer, it shouldn't be Program Files) from [C:\Program Files\EA SPORTS\NBA Live 2003\render\xcourt.viv] directory.

1.1. Extracting the files

Download EA Graphics Editor from this page: http://download.nba-live.com/index.php?act=view&id=14 Then open EAGraph.exe from rar file. Click Open button and find xcourt.viv. Then find xxcrt.fsh and xxcrt.o. Now what you need to do is clicking the extract button. Extract anywhere you wanted.

1.2. Editing colours

Open xxcrt.o with an hex editor. I use Hex Editor Neo. Find the part that goes like this:
Code: Select all
XYABYX ABCDEF
DEF123 XYABYX
CDEA16 5ABCD4

Or similar. XYABYX is the hex color. IMPORTANT: The real color is YXABXY. You need to replace the first 2 letters with last 2 letters and last 2 letters with first 2 letters. Change it with the colour that you wanted. For example yellow. It's FFFF00. We will replace the files as I mentioned. The hex color is 00FFFF. From the toolbar, come to Edit and click Replace. Write XYABYX to box at top of the Replace box and 00FFFF to box at bottom of the Replace box. Click Replace in our Replace box. Click again and again and again. There are similar parts that goes like this:
Code: Select all
XYABYX ABCDEF
DEF123 XYABYX
CDEA16 5ABCD4

Use the same method that I said. Then press Ctrl and S. Save it. Now, we've done Hex Editing.

2. Editing the images

First of all open xxcrt.fsh. There are a bunch of files. Thanks to madison 2003 for his court configuration tutorial, I copied these from him:

odrn - Dornas (Scorekeepers table front) / olin - court lines / olio - key area and block / otbl - top of Scorekeepers table / ovnl - chair seat colors / tbak - chair back design / tbbd - back board and supporter / tend - end of court art work / tlga - Center court logos / tlgb - logo included inside 3-point line, sometimes arena name or logo / tlgc - designs in corner of court, i.e. stars on dallas court / tlgd - arena name or logo / tlgo - logo at the side of fans / tnba - NBA logo for court

2.1. Logo editing

From xxcrt.fsh, open one of the parts that I said. For example tlga. Open tlga. Then come to the image. Press Ctrl and A. Then copy it. Now, it's time to use Photoshop. We'll make an new image that has the size of tlga (512x512), which comes automatically. Click OK then paste the image. The image is ready. Now, find a logo (you can get the logo from sportslogos.net, I use this site a lot). Paste and resize the logo from Free Transform. Delete the parts which are dummy. Then we need to delete every layer except the layer of our logo. Then save it as a PNG. You can use the similar method for other parts.

2.2. Importing the images

It's time of FshEd!!! Click to the tools from toolbar at the top. Click Graphic Importer (if you don't have the plugin, download it from there: http://download.nba-live.com/index.php? ... egory&id=2 and make a folder called plugins, extract the Graphic Importer plugin [in dll format].) and a box needs to come. Click Open and come to File Format. Pick the Portable Network Graphics (.png) and find your image. Click Update and it's imported. Do the similar method for other parts and there is a button which has a floppy disk image. Then save it on your xxcrt.fsh file.

3. The Last Part: Adding it to the game

First go to C:\Program Files\EA SPORTS\NBA Live 2003\main\cscripts folder (it's the typical folder). There is a file called xstartup.cfg. Move it to desktop (we will move it to its original folder again). Open it with notepad. There is a column that it's writing customart 0. Switch 0 to 1. Then move it to the original folder. After doing it, make a folder in NBA Live 2003\render. Name it as xcourt. Open it and copy xxcrt.fsh and xxcrt.o from the folder that you saved.

4. One more step
ENJOY!

NOTES:
1. xx is the team code (at for Atlanta, bo for Boston, ny for New York etc.)
2. There are no letters like X, Y at Hex. Hex letters: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, A, B, C, D, E, F.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Re: How to make a court (READ THE WHOLE POST FOR SUCCESS)

Postby rise on Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:19 am

Nice tutorial, Badger. (Y)
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby Murat on Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:40 am

Thanks.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby JaoSming on Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:42 am

impressive, stickied
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Murat on Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:44 am

Oh, thanks man!
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:43 am

Thanks. (Y) Moved to the 2003 Tutorials sections.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby caseyvitelli on Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:28 am

Nice stuff Badger
Formerly known as franmansr
caseyvitelli
#Creative
Contributor

Postby Murat on Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:02 pm

Andrew wrote:Thanks. (Y) Moved to the 2003 Tutorials sections.

You are welcome sir.
franmansr wrote:Nice stuff Badger

Thanks!
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Return to NBA Live 2003 Tutorials & FAQs