heres how to put rookies in draft after franchise is started

Resources for NBA Live 2003.

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 28, 2003 4:09 pm

Yes, but the players wouldn't be dynamically added to the Franchise's players.dbf file. You'd still have to mess around with the DBF - it wouldn't make it any easier - for people who don't use DB Commander, it wouldn't make the process any faster either.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby f.t.w. on Tue Apr 29, 2003 12:00 pm

i want a modem, players database and two floppies. which way can i get the rookies that could be drafted next year to appear on my screen? i want three or more rookies. thanks.
f.t.w.

Postby joemimic on Wed Apr 30, 2003 6:12 pm

I was using the NBA toolkit and I had made LeBron James and he was showing up in the draft but when i had the cyberface installed it wouldn't show up.
joemimic

Postby Andrew on Thu May 01, 2003 1:41 pm

When you installed the face patch, did you change his ISCREATED attribute to False? It should be set to True.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby joemimic on Fri May 02, 2003 1:39 pm

Well these directions on this page say to do it have the iscreated and the other one as true or false and the cyber face direction have it listed as the opposite
joemimic

Postby Andrew on Fri May 02, 2003 2:00 pm

I believe you can have both, but you need to do the following:

Leave the created LeBron James as being created (ISCREATED=True) and generated (ISGENERATE=True), as described in this topic.

Using the custom art feature, create a folder that matches the PLAYERPKG of the created LeBron James ie. if it shows up as AAAAAA, then create a folder in the custom art folder called AAAAAA and place the LeBron James files in there. I think you have to edit the LEJAMES art files to AAAAAA.FSH and so on as well.

Hope this makes sense, and hope it works. :)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby joemimic on Fri May 02, 2003 5:24 pm

That it does thanks Andrew.
joemimic

Postby joemimic on Sun May 04, 2003 7:53 pm

I've got Bron set to iscreated and generated both to true, i finally get a cyberface but it's not LeBron's the ID it gave me was CCCCCCC so i renamed everything in the xplayer/ccccccc directory to cccccc_lod.o or whatever all that is, any ideas?
joemimic

Postby Andrew on Sun May 04, 2003 8:20 pm

If renaming the files to match the created PLAYERPKG doesn't work, I don't know what will. It's possible generated rookies can't use custom art until after they are drafted.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby joemimic on Sun May 04, 2003 8:57 pm

I only got to the trade player list so maybe I should finish the off season stuff. I'll reply in a minute after I check. Thanks Andrew
joemimic

Postby joemimic on Mon May 05, 2003 6:55 am

I actually went into a game and renamed the cyberface file back to lejames but that didnt work but the shoes in the render/xplayer/ccccccc come out I have no idea what's wrong
joemimic

Postby Andrew on Mon May 05, 2003 12:26 pm

Try renaming all files LEJAMES again, and change his PLAYERPKG to LEJAMES. Leave him as a created, generated player. You might want to try changing his FACEPATCH attribute to True as well.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby DrFunk on Mon May 12, 2003 9:26 am

it wont let me copy lebron from the roster file to the franchise file with
CDBF, am I just using the wrong way of copying lebron
DrFunk

Postby Andrew on Mon May 12, 2003 11:54 am

I don't know about CDBF, but with DB Commander you can import from one file to another.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Colin on Mon May 12, 2003 11:55 am

Andrew wrote:I don't know about CDBF, but with DB Commander you can import from one file to another.
Very easily too, you just click on the line, and click 'transfer selected files' or w/e. I suggest you get DBCommander becasue it's a lot better, and allows you to view two files at once.
C#
Pretty Flaco
Colin

hey a question

Postby ludasan on Sun May 18, 2003 6:11 am

where i can find this db commander in download.com?...a have dbfutils but a can get nothing right...like for instance the rookies with the franchise...and cyberfaces for lebron i get a black face like completetly black only the eyes i can see...i dont know why i did everything right...can anyone help me with this¿?
ludasan

Postby Andrew on Sun May 18, 2003 1:41 pm

You can download DB Commander from http://www.dbcommander.com.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Full Surface on Mon May 19, 2003 1:17 am

Add the draft players to players.dbf (in franchise) after the season ends and before the playoffs begin.
Full Surface

i got a problem rookies...

Postby ludasan on Wed May 21, 2003 1:57 am

a saw the post of how to put the rookies in franchise is very cool and it works too...but...i simulated so a can see all the players i add and in the draft i saw them all that was greeat but a couple of things i dont get...all are proyected 1st overall how a chance that and how i put top10 top15 ?and i couldnt draft a player the draft the player buttons was off i could not click on it and i had to abandond the draft can anyone help me out with this and another thing the rookies award got mix up cut the rookie of the year was caron butler of miami and only in the all-rookies team apper one of my created ...i little help with this please...
ludasan

Postby Andrew on Wed May 21, 2003 11:22 am

It's usually better to make all created rookies projected first overall picks, since the game tends to pick the generated rookies otherwise.

Might sound like a stupid question, but did you have a full roster (ie 15 players)? If so, you would not be able to draft new players.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

yeah sorry

Postby ludasan on Fri May 23, 2003 1:45 pm

my question was answer by you and myself 5 minutes later i post it...yeas i had 15 players that was the problem thanks...
ludasan

Postby CT on Sun May 25, 2003 3:33 pm

I used the method jwin did this afternoon, and my created players did appear in the draft. I created them with a 95 overall, so they should be easily picked first in the draft. But the problem is that no one drafts them, and they'll eventually slide down to where I pick (25th overall). I can't seem to fix that error.

Then tonight, I tried that method again, hoping that I could fix the previous error. But when I got to the step when I was supposed to transfer the players from the roster file to the franchise file, somewhere during the transfer things screwed up. I didn't notice this until I loaded up the franchise. In the reorder roster screen, a message popped up to me and said "A team must consist of at least 5 players", and I saw a bunch of *** where the players names were supposed to be.

Also, in the manager's statement screen where it displays a list of the players, it displays 2x the players that I have. FOr example, my roster is supposd to be something like this:

R. Wallace
Q. Woods
S. Pippen

but instead...it displays this:

R. Wallace
R. Wallace
Q. Woods
Q. Woods
S. Pippen
S. Pippen

Anyone know how to solve this problem?
CT

Postby Andrew on Sun May 25, 2003 3:40 pm

That error usually occurs when you have entered duplicate or invalid data in the TEAM or ROSTERPOS fields. You might have two players listed as having the same roster position (ie both are set to 6th man), which often causes problems such as the ones you mentioned.

It's pretty easy to cause a string of errors with only one incorrect value in players.dbf.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby CT on Sun May 25, 2003 4:52 pm

Andrew wrote:That error usually occurs when you have entered duplicate or invalid data in the TEAM or ROSTERPOS fields. You might have two players listed as having the same roster position (ie both are set to 6th man), which often causes problems such as the ones you mentioned.

It's pretty easy to cause a string of errors with only one incorrect value in players.dbf.

Well, I've left the ORIGTEAM field blank, and just like jwin told, I entered in 30 for the TEAM field.

The only thing Im having problems is the ROSTERPOS field. Since I want the players to appear in the draft, what number should I enter in for ROSTERPOS?

Right now, I have Carmello and LeBron at 2, Milicic and Bosh at 1, Ford at 4 and Kaman at 0. I also don't remember myself entering any of these numbers for ROSTERPOS, so I guess the computer somehow generated these numbers.
CT

Postby Andrew on Sun May 25, 2003 7:29 pm

For generated rookies, ROSTERPOS should be set to 0. It's a good idea to fill in all TEAM fields, including ORIGTEAM and SALARYTEAM.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 2003 Tutorials & FAQs