adding custom player viv files into xplayer.viv, and more...

Resources for NBA Live 2004.

adding custom player viv files into xplayer.viv, and more...

Postby Tony on Fri Nov 21, 2003 10:54 pm

Mods should sticky this I think, it might be useful.
Remember, this is for advanced patchers, not for n00bies. But all can learn through practice.
DR. P wrote:
Tony wrote:
ReyJ wrote:One thing though, I can't seem to alternate between home and away bands. Don't know why, I thought it would be the same format as last editions. Ohh well. But if anyone can figure it out, please let me know.
.viv patching doesn't support all customart features... atleast it didn't when i tried it.

what works:
new cyberfaces
new headshapes
tattoo files (blar, brar, bskn) and such.

what doesn't work:
custom shoes home/away/prxx
custom practice gears
custom headbands
_acc_home/_acc_away/_acc_prxx
beye files
bmou files

so, in other words, viv patching sucks major ass. EA better give us a patch. soon.

Thanks Tony for the info. But I have 2 small question that you're expertise should be able to help me with.

First, which player from the xplayer.viv file has an _acc.fsh file that includes a bskn graphic file? I know AI has an _acc.fsh accessory file in his .viv file, but it doesn't include a bskn file. The reason I ask is because I looked for a player with a bskn graphic file to copy and use as a template so I wouldn't have to use the "customart 1" feature to run my game and deal with the accompanying lag time. If I new a player that's in the xplayer.viv file with that type of accessory file I could snag him.

Second, in terms of adding my own custom players to the current xplayer.viv file, and not relying on the "customart 1" setting to get tats, etc., how would I do it? Using the current approach its easy to add a players .viv file to xplayer.viv file, and to change the players name on that respective.viv file. But how does one change the name of the files within the players .viv file (e.g., playerx.fsh, playerx_acc.fsh, playerx_loda, etc.)? This has racked my brain quite a bit and I'm trying to use the updated EAgraph to do it but it won't let me change the name of those imbedded fsh files. Now if I import the new .viv file with just the new players name changed (e.g.,now it reads as 'playerx.viv') into the xplayer.viv file, with some other player's name on the rest of the imbedded files (with AI's data embeeded within the 'xplayerx.viv' file, e.g., alivers.fsh, alivers_acc.fsh, etc.) will this treat the imbeed player's info as unique to playerx (assuming that I've changed the player.dbf file to reflect the player package of 'PLAYERX'? (SORRY IF I'M CONFUSING ANYONE, I KNOW ITS NOT AS CLEAR AS IT SHOULD BE WRITTEN).

BEST,

P

Hey Dr.P,
question 1: EA didn't make any players with BSKN files included in the ACC. as others already have pointed out, if you wish to add a new skin file to a player that has tattoos, use NFSHTOOL, mess with the text codes in index.fsh and alpha.dat that file generates when opening a texture FSH files. if you just want a template for a BSKN file, without keeping the original tats a player may have, just download one of Rey J's tattoo patches, their format is right, and can be used as a template.

question 2: Now, this is tricky. Might aswell sticky this post so others don't miss it, since it'll get pretty detailed. It all can be done with Don Daily's powerful EAZip tool (nba2kstuff.nba-live.net). First, you need to create a text batch file, which you should put along with EAZip.exe (which you can find at the URL I posted earlier) into the NBA Live 2004\render\ directory.

To create the batch file, first create a text file, with the code below pasted in it. As you may notice, I took Reggie Miller's files as an example, since they have an ACC file, and all. If you don't want an ACC file in your custom player, simply erase all words that have ACC in it.

Code: Select all
eazip.exe -e xplayer.viv remille.viv

eazip.exe -e remille.viv remille.fsh remille_acc.fsh remille_loda.o remille_lodau.o remille_lodc.o remille_lodcu.o remille_lodd.o remille_loddu.o remille_suit_loda.o

eazip.exe -d remille.viv remille.fsh remille_acc.fsh remille_loda.o remille_lodau.o remille_lodc.o remille_lodcu.o remille_lodd.o remille_loddu.o remille_suit_loda.o

ren remille.fsh customp.fsh
ren remille_acc.fsh customp_acc.fsh
ren remille_loda.o customp_loda.o
ren remille_lodau.o customp_lodau.o
ren remille_lodc.o customp_lodc.o
ren remille_lodcu.o customp_lodcu.o
ren remille_lodd.o customp_lodd.o
ren remille_loddu.o customp_loddu.o
ren remille_suit_loda.o customp_suit_loda.o
ren remille.viv customp.viv

eazip.exe -a customp.viv customp.fsh customp_acc.fsh customp_loda.o customp_lodau.o customp_lodc.o customp_lodcu.o customp_lodd.o customp_loddu.o customp_suit_loda.o

del customp.fsh
del customp_acc.fsh
del customp_loda.o
del customp_lodau.o
del customp_lodc.o
del customp_lodcu.o
del customp_lodd.o
del customp_loddu.o
del customp_suit_loda.o

From this text, just replace the CUSTOMP abbrevation to what your custom player's name will be (for example, Dennis Rodman will be DERODMA), or Reggie Miller's REMILLE with the abbrevation any player from the xplayer.viv has. Save your TXT file, that should be, as I pointed out earlier, placed in the NBA Live 2004\render directory. Change the .TXT extension the file has into .BAT, and then run that batch file.

Now you should have your custom player .viv file in the \render\ directory, with edited name abbrevations in it. Do your other image editing from there on. Hope it made atleast some sense, it might look complicated, but really it isn't at all.

:arrow: Oh, and since I'm on a tutorial rampage, here's something for Rey J. You should also use EAZip, so you don't have to include full .viv files in your tattoo patches, and reduce the files in the size department, and to prevent your tattoo patches overwrite, with EA's default faces, any other face patch a user might have installed into his xplayer.viv, for a player you made a tattoo patch for. Simply use this code for a batch installation (Anfernee Hardaway example):
@echo off
echo THIS FILE MUST BE RUN FROM THE MAIN NBA LIVE 2004 FOLDER
echo EAZIP.EXE MUST BE IN THE \RENDER FOLDER!
pause >nul
cd render
eazip.exe -e xplayer.viv anharda.viv

eazip.exe -e anharda.viv anharda.fsh anharda_acc.fsh anharda_loda.o anharda_lodau.o anharda_lodc.o anharda_lodcu.o anharda_lodd.o anharda_loddu.o anharda_suit_loda.o

cd..
MOVE anharda_acc.fsh render
cd render
eazip.exe -a anharda.viv anharda.fsh anharda_acc.fsh anharda_loda.o anharda_lodau.o anharda_lodc.o anharda_lodcu.o anharda_lodd.o anharda_loddu.o anharda_suit_loda.o

del anharda.fsh
del anharda_acc.fsh
del anharda_loda.o
del anharda_lodau.o
del anharda_lodc.o
del anharda_lodcu.o
del anharda_lodd.o
del anharda_loddu.o
del anharda_suit_loda.o

eazip.exe -a xplayer.viv anharda.viv
del anharda.viv
echo INSTALLATION FINISHED

Again, this example above is if your player already has an ACC file. If he doesn't, use this code (Jason Richardson example):
@echo off
echo THIS FILE MUST BE RUN FROM THE MAIN NBA LIVE 2004 FOLDER
echo EAZIP.EXE MUST BE IN THE \RENDER FOLDER!
pause >nul
cd render
eazip.exe -e xplayer.viv jaricha.viv

eazip.exe -e jaricha.viv jaricha.fsh jaricha_loda.o jaricha_lodau.o jaricha_lodc.o jaricha_lodcu.o jaricha_lodd.o jaricha_loddu.o jaricha_suit_loda.o

cd..
MOVE jaricha_acc.fsh render
cd render
eazip.exe -a jaricha.viv jaricha.fsh jaricha_acc.fsh jaricha_loda.o jaricha_lodau.o jaricha_lodc.o jaricha_lodcu.o jaricha_lodd.o jaricha_loddu.o jaricha_suit_loda.o

del jaricha.fsh
del jaricha_acc.fsh
del jaricha_loda.o
del jaricha_lodau.o
del jaricha_lodc.o
del jaricha_lodcu.o
del jaricha_lodd.o
del jaricha_loddu.o
del jaricha_suit_loda.o

eazip.exe -a xplayer.viv jaricha.viv
del jaricha.viv
echo INSTALLATION FINISHED
This way I installed Rey J's jaricha_acc.fsh into the xplayer.viv without messing with the face I installed for him earlier.

Whew.
Tony

cool...you answered my question about custom shoes..thx

Postby BAYAG on Sat Nov 22, 2003 12:34 am

:lol: :o
BAYAG
This game's in the refrigerator: the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jell-O's jigglin'!

Postby carlogz on Mon Dec 15, 2003 9:50 am

how do i make an update for a player thru that???like for example.i have an acc patch for kobe bryant with the tattoos..they dont have that in the game...how can i add it using that method of yours..or w/o using custom at1.....i tried using vivmagic..but after all that..the faces got screwed up...so can u help me??
carlogz

Postby Repole on Sat Jan 03, 2004 3:04 am

i was wondering if some1 could show me how to add just one item into something.

for example

as.fsh into renfe/xlogo_s.vic

nothing needs to be deleted, just added, it'd be greatly appreciated. i'm sorry if i should get this from looking at the examples but i just dont :oops:

Thanks for the help, it's greatly appreciated...
Repole

Postby dcGrimes on Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:33 am

1. With eazip in your renfe folder, open the command prompt.

2. Navigate to your renfe folder.

3. Type this command: eazip -a xlogo_s.viv as.fsh
- That is assuming you have as.fsh in the renfe folder as well.
dcGrimes

Postby Repole on Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:47 am

sinisterslick wrote:1. With eazip in your renfe folder, open the command prompt.

2. Navigate to your renfe folder.

3. Type this command: eazip -a xlogo_s.viv as.fsh
- That is assuming you have as.fsh in the renfe folder as well.

now lets say i wanted to insert one more logo would it be like this...

eazip -a xlogo_s.viv as.fsh
eazip -a xlogo_f.viv as.fsh

and if i had stuff from the render folder that needs to be inserted would it be like

(eazip and all the other art in the main live folder...)

eazip -a renfe/xlogo_s.viv as.fsh
eazip -a renfe/xlogo_f.viv as.fsh
eazip -a render/xteam.viv ashome.fsh

if i wanted to import multiple files to the same viv would it be like this...

eazip -a renfe/xlogo_s.viv as.fsh co.fsh nc.fsh
eazip -a renfe/xlogo_f.viv as.fsh co.fsh nc.fsh
eazip -a render/xteam.viv ashome.fsh ashome_num.fsh
Repole

Postby dcGrimes on Sat Jan 03, 2004 11:24 am

Yes. That's it.
EAZip and the art should be in the folder with the viv you are importing to.
dcGrimes

Postby Repole on Sat Jan 03, 2004 11:48 am

sinisterslick wrote:Yes. That's it.
EAZip and the art should be in the folder with the viv you are importing to.

alright thanks, so if i'm importing to both render and renfe i should have it in both folder right? or should i just have it in the main folder if thats where i'm running the .bat from.

eazip -a renfe/xlogo_s.viv xlogo_s/as.fsh

and if i'm doing multiple files would it be like

eazip -a renfe/xlogo_s.viv xlogo_s/as.fsh xlogo_s/nc.fsh
or
eazip -a renfe/xlogo_s.viv xlogo_s/as.fsh nc.fsh

if i placed an xlogo_s folder which contains the as.fsh file in the main directory would that be valid/work (it'd get the as.fsh file from the xlogo_s folder which i placed in the main directory and import it into xlogo_s in renfe). sorry for being so questiony, but i'm making a patch which includes tons of art so i want to make sure i get this right. also there are tons of files with the same name so the above would be helpful if possible...

once agin thanks a ton for ur help...

EDIT:

after messing arounda bit i made an install, i cant test it cuz i dont have all teh files yet but heres part of it

eazip -a renfe/xlogo_sk.viv
xlogo_sk/as.fsh
xlogo_sk/co.fsh
xlogo_sk/fy.fsh
xlogo_sk/hn.fsh
xlogo_sk/nc.fsh
xlogo_sk/ro.fsh

eazip -a renfe/xportbck.viv
xportbck/as.fsh
xportbck/co.fsh
xportbck/fy.fsh
xportbck/hn.fsh
xportbck/nc.fsh
xportbck/ro.fsh

can i keep the rows there rather then spreading em out by spaces or do they all have to be spread out by just spaces.

should that work?
Repole

Postby dcGrimes on Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:12 pm

lilrepole wrote:
eazip -a renfe/xlogo_sk.viv
xlogo_sk/as.fsh
xlogo_sk/co.fsh
xlogo_sk/fy.fsh
xlogo_sk/hn.fsh
xlogo_sk/nc.fsh
xlogo_sk/ro.fsh

eazip -a renfe/xportbck.viv
xportbck/as.fsh
xportbck/co.fsh
xportbck/fy.fsh
xportbck/hn.fsh
xportbck/nc.fsh
xportbck/ro.fsh

can i keep the rows there rather then spreading em out by spaces or do they all have to be spread out by just spaces.

should that work?

That code should work. I made and tested an install with this code:

eazip -a renfe/xlogo_s.viv xlogo_s/za.fsh xlogo_s/zb.fsh xlogo_s/zc.fsh xlogo_s/zd.fsh xlogo_s/ze.fsh xlogo_s/zf.fsh

It worked.
I originally tried it in rows like this:

eazip -a renfe/xlogo_s.viv
xlogo_s/za.fsh
xlogo_s/zb.fsh
xlogo_s/zc.fsh
xlogo_s/zd.fsh
xlogo_s/ze.fsh
xlogo_s/zf.fsh

But it didn't read correctly. So I'm pretty sure you have to have spaces rather than multiple lines. I think when pressing Enter to go to another line it reads it as the end of the command. This means that it's reading each line as a completely new command. If you want multiple lines you'll have to repeat eazip -a renfe/xlogo_s.viv xlogo_s/(whatever).fsh on each line.
dcGrimes

Postby Repole on Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:12 am

Alright thanks a ton, got my art install all made up, now i just gota figure out the dbf side :roll:
Repole

EAZip...?

Postby vtsh090041 on Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:24 am

Sorry... But I can't download EAZip from the URL provided on the top, can anyone e-mail me the file!?

Thx a lot!

my e-mail: vtsh090041@hotmail.com

Thx again!!!
vtsh090041

Postby lazieb0y on Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:39 pm

Can someone help me? After reading this thread about 30 times I still dont get how to create a .viv file for Matt Barnes cuz hes not in the xplayer file
lazieb0y

Postby OneCentPenny on Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:45 am

I know this thread is kinda old but i couldnt download the EA ZIP tool so can someone mail it to me at sid_mops@hotmail.com
THANKS
OneCentPenny

Postby lourdesscchool on Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:27 pm

forgive me for asking - coz im new in this .viv, .dbf stuff - but wat will happen if u add the custom player .viv files to xplayer.viv....
lourdesscchool

Postby PrettyODD on Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:47 pm

we can do this in any nba live series right??
PrettyODD

Return to NBA Live 2004 Tutorials & FAQs