Tutorial: How to make a cyberface [picture walkthrough]

Resources for NBA Live 2005.

Re: Tutorial: How to make a cyberface [picture walkthrough]

Postby Andrew on Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:27 pm

You can use whatever letters you like, as long as they match the PLAYERPKG value, and no one else shares the same PLAYERPKG value. The normal convention is first two letters of the first name, first five letters of the surname. So it would still be KECALDW and MICARTE, though again, it doesn't matter as long as it isn't already being used, and the filenames match the PLAYERPKG.

If there are conflicts (eg Jason and Jarron Collins), usually the first and third letters of the first name are used (eg JSCOLLI and JRCOLLI). Since TIHARDA is already being used for the senior Tim Hardaway, you could consider something like TIMHARD instead. Those are some of the common naming conventions, but you're free to make up your own, as long as the PLAYERPKG matches.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ludidoc on Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:24 am

andrew sorry I managed to recover has a rooster patch nba live 2005, updated in oct16. the problem is that my playerfaces NLSC are updated to the latest version of 2013 so the new players are many and all of course with the pink face. so I try to reuse old patch faces of retired players with similar lineaments by changing the playerpkg with DBF. I do not quite understand how to do for those players that this new patch (perhaps incomplete) are presented to me with white skin when in fact they are blacks. what value should I change to DBF? or do I have to use another program? thank you :) :)
Pride Ever :mrgreen:
ludidoc

Postby Andrew on Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:04 am

That would be COLOR in appearance.dbf.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ludidoc on Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:25 am

when I change the values in DBF and then I close does not change anything. there is a button to save the changes? when I open it all the values are unchanged. where i'm wrong ?? :roll: :roll:
ludidoc

Postby Andrew on Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:25 am

In DB Commander, moving to another cell (box) will save the changes automatically.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ludidoc on Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:41 am

oh so easy! thanks :D
ludidoc

Postby Book_Gazette on Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:11 am

ludidoc wrote:oh so easy! thanks :D

You can also try me and Mervie's faces too. (The ebos don't work though)
Book_Gazette

Postby Andrew on Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:01 pm

Headshapes will work with a little bit of hex editing: http://www.nba-live.com/nbalivewiki/ind ... _Live_2005
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ludidoc on Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:31 am

I have a problem. I would insert in nba live 2005 choaces missing. I can use the faces of 06,07,08? If I create the faces because I can not see them. For example I have the .ebo files and .fsh Steve Kerr player. but if I put in the folder SGSM stkerr_.fsk and stkerr_.ebo pink face. Maybe I need to add the letter "C"?.
Help and thanks
:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: :)
ludidoc

Postby Andrew on Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:18 am

Player faces cannot be used as coach faces. Coach faces are also different to player faces, so if you want to use a player's face as a coach's face, you'll need to copy and rename an existing coach's file to match the PLAYERPKG you want (make sure it isn't the same as the PLAYERPKG used for the player face), half the resolution of the player's face, export the texture, and import it in to the coach file.

If it's a Steve Kerr face you're after though, I did release a converted coaches pack last year that should be compatible with NBA Live 2005: Converted Coach Face Pack 2016
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ludidoc on Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:13 am

Sorry Andrew I have to resort your help to another problem with DBF. My last Live 2005 update is not done well. For example, in the Boston Celtics Isaiah Tomas is by default a 4 PF while as a point guard Marcus Smart 1PM there is ?? I tried changing positions voices and position 2 but does not change anything ?? :crazyeyes:
ludidoc

Postby Andrew on Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:18 am

If you're editing a roster file, that's something you should just change in-game. Always change whatever you can in-game, and only edit the DBF files directly if you need to change something you can't access from within the in-game roster management and player editing functions.

That's getting off-topic for this thread, though.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ludidoc on Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:35 am

then think only solution to change positions players in-game without the possibility dbf
excuse off-topic
ps1 I try to send rooster updated December 2016
ps2 how to start a new topic?
ludidoc

Previous

Return to NBA Live 2005 Tutorials & FAQs