How to add your own face into the game.[By:kbryant8]

Resources for NBA Live 06.

Postby Kbryant8 on Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:11 pm

emicu04 wrote:alll i really want to know , if somebody can help me is teh fallowing, i have my pciture , and i want to open an laready created cyberface , and just to modify it , i saw a movie trailer , about how it is done in photo shop , i understood it , but it doesn't say how can i open a cyberface in photo shop and work on it :( plz helo

The CF is in the SFH file,you need to open the SFH file with the SFHx editor and then import it to bmp file,then open that bmp with photoshop,later you just export it back same way.
LA LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPS!!!
My photoshop thread
Kbryant8
CHAMPS!

Re: question:

Postby Kbryant8 on Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:14 pm

mjbs11 wrote:How to edit the headband.ebo and goggle.ebo :?: is it like this :?:
~~~~Original: ~~~~~ -------------- ~~~~ Edited: ~~~~
Lebron James ------------------------ Mj Meljan
lejamesB_headshape.ebo --------- mjmeljaB_headshape.ebo
lejamesB_goggle.ebo -------------- mjmeljaB_goggle.ebo
lejamesC_headshape.ebo --------- mjmeljaC_headshape.ebo
lejamesC_goggle.ebo -------------- mjmeljaC_goggle.ebo
lejamesD_headshape.ebo --------- mjmeljaD_headshape.ebo
lejamesD_goggle.ebo -------------- mjmeljaD_goggle.ebo

And put all the edited .ebo files in the sgsm folder. Is it just like that :?: no more hex editing :?:
how about the headshape? where can i find it? and how to edit it :?:
Pls help me guys...waiting for your reply... :cry:

you can`t edit ebo files but you can replace one ebo with another,just need to rename it.Just to sgsm yeah,same with the goggles and headband.
My photoshop thread
Kbryant8
CHAMPS!

Postby emicu04 on Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:43 am

THIS ARE GRATE TUTORIALS , I MANAGED TO GET ALOMOST DONE , I MADE ALL THE STEPS , BUUT I HAVE 2 PROBLEMS , I CAN'T EDIT THE CYBERFACE IN PHOTOSHOP ,BECAUSE THAT PROGRAM IS TOOO COMPLICATED , I SAW THE TRAILER ABOUT HOW TO EDIT ... BUT I CAN'T MAKE ANYTHING OF IT..... I REALLY WISH I COULD CREATE A NORMAL PLAYER WITH EVERYTHING IN NBA LIVE :(:(:(:(:(:(
emicu04

Postby Kbryant8 on Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:47 am

emicu04 wrote:THIS ARE GRATE TUTORIALS , I MANAGED TO GET ALOMOST DONE , I MADE ALL THE STEPS , BUUT I HAVE 2 PROBLEMS , I CAN'T EDIT THE CYBERFACE IN PHOTOSHOP ,BECAUSE THAT PROGRAM IS TOOO COMPLICATED , I SAW THE TRAILER ABOUT HOW TO EDIT ... BUT I CAN'T MAKE ANYTHING OF IT..... I REALLY WISH I COULD CREATE A NORMAL PLAYER WITH EVERYTHING IN NBA LIVE :(:(:(:(:(:(

First:calm down and no need to use caps :wink:
Second:you want to create yourself a CF ? use a request topic for it,somebody may help you(create that face for you) :wink:
My photoshop thread
Kbryant8
CHAMPS!

Postby emicu04 on Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:50 am

i want to create a CF , but it seems impossible , i hate photo shop , i can't even cut out the portrait .png i mean i made it and imported it and bla bla bla , but in the game the portrait still doesn;t look right , still has that withe square :(
emicu04

Postby Kbryant8 on Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:52 am

emicu04 wrote:i want to create a CF , but it seems impossible , i hate photo shop , i can't even cut out the portrait .png i mean i made it and imported it and bla bla bla , but in the game the portrait still doesn;t look right , still has that withe square :(

That thread here is not the right place to talk about it but practice more :wink:
like i sayd,if you cant do it then use a request topic for it. :wink:
My photoshop thread
Kbryant8
CHAMPS!

Postby vespa_32 on Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:11 am

Hi!!! i have a question... you said that we do us face in photoshop...but... how i do it?? becouse in photoshop i can´t load a fsh file to use it as reference...summarizing...how i do to do my ciberface with photoshop??somebody can help me please??? thanks to all... :wink:
vespa_32

Postby Kbryant8 on Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:17 am

vespa_32 wrote:Hi!!! i have a question... you said that we do us face in photoshop...but... how i do it?? becouse in photoshop i can´t load a fsh file to use it as reference...summarizing...how i do to do my ciberface with photoshop??somebody can help me please??? thanks to all... :wink:

You need a SFHx editor to open FSH file,then export it to bmp file and then open it with photoshop,if CF is ready then import it back to the SFH file
My photoshop thread
Kbryant8
CHAMPS!

Postby vespa_32 on Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:24 am

oooook...thanks a lot...but wherefrom I can download the program?? i can´t find it in this web and it doesn´t appear in google and emule...you know a link that it can help me??
vespa_32

Postby Kbryant8 on Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:26 am

vespa_32 wrote:oooook...thanks a lot...but wherefrom I can download the program?? i can´t find it in this web and it doesn´t appear in google and emule...you know a link that it can help me??

why did i do this thread?
look at the first post then you see where. :wink:
My photoshop thread
Kbryant8
CHAMPS!

Postby vespa_32 on Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:18 am

sorry, but i already have the FSHx program, but you don´t have the SHF, and i open with FSHx a fsh file and save it as bmp file, but when i open it with photoshop, it doesn´t run. To make a portrait i didn´t have any problem, but with ciberface y can´t do anything, what can i do??? :?: :?: and sorry for my ignorance in this topic
vespa_32

Postby Kbryant8 on Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:33 pm

vespa_32 wrote:sorry, but i already have the FSHx program, but you don´t have the SHF, and i open with FSHx a fsh file and save it as bmp file, but when i open it with photoshop, it doesn´t run. To make a portrait i didn´t have any problem, but with ciberface y can´t do anything, what can i do??? :?: :?: and sorry for my ignorance in this topic

what is SHF? :roll: i meant SFHx,but that should work,export and save to bmp and open with photoshop,works for me tho..
My photoshop thread
Kbryant8
CHAMPS!

Postby vespa_32 on Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:30 am

that´s right, but with ciberface doesn´t run, first, i do the portrait and i saved it as bmp with FSHx an it runned with photoshop, but with cyberface, nothing, i can´t understand, that´s my only problem, becouse editting, morphing, paste... is easily, but i can´t open cyberface, what i´ll do??
vespa_32

Postby Kbryant8 on Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:55 am

vespa_32 wrote:that´s right, but with ciberface doesn´t run, first, i do the portrait and i saved it as bmp with FSHx an it runned with photoshop, but with cyberface, nothing, i can´t understand, that´s my only problem, becouse editting, morphing, paste... is easily, but i can´t open cyberface, what i´ll do??

oh well,if that doesnt work then i don`t know what to do:

My photoshop thread
Kbryant8
CHAMPS!

Postby vespa_32 on Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:58 pm

Finaly, i can do it!!! thanks for all, but mi face in game isn´t ok, becouse the create player eyes are superplace of mi cyberface, and i can´t arrange it, it has solution??
vespa_32

Postby jc on Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:28 pm

ok, can somebody help me with my cyberface? I mean i already have one and its working proerly but hte problem is mine doesnt look like me at all.. I mean, can someone suggest what headshape would be perfect for my features?

anyway, if somebody cares to help me, id be delighted dude. just send me a message.
jc
jc

Postby pitseleh on Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:00 am

Hi ! So, I created Sefolosha, I can play with him in practice, but when I star a game with the Bulls and Sefolosha in the roster, the game crashes (during the little video with highflyers, shooters ...before the match)

1. I have created a new player in the game and made it a cyberface (file called thsefol.fsh, I put it in the sgsm folder)

2. I changed in player.dbf : "iscreated > F", "is generate > F" , "is historic > F", and playerPKG : THSEFOL

in appearance.dbf : face ID : -1

And when I put him in Bulls roster, the game crashes just before the match. But practice works with him when he's in free agent. His portrait and his cyberface are OK.

So, where is the problem ?
:(
pitseleh

Postby no.mercy on Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:59 pm

Hey Kbryant8! Thanks a lot for this tut...now my face is in the game..great! (Y) (Y)

I see a lot of guys here are having all kind of troubles...I just found some simple rules........

first, you should have all necessary softwares mentioned in this tut..plus some knowledge in Photoshop or other photo editing program.

second, FOLLOW EVERY SINGLE STEP IN THIS TUT AND YOU'LL BE FINE... :) thats what I did and it worked perfectly fine...

third, be careful with the dbf editing part cause thats the one causing a lot of headaches...you should see this: http://www.nbaliveforums.com/ftopic35170.php

fourth, if you dont have a cyberface yet, just dont touch the appearance.dbf.

take note that this tut is for creating a cyberface...making a portrait is another thing...

to create your portrait...see Cable's simple tut ..
http://www.nbaliveforums.com/ftopic33536.php

Sorry for a long post...im just so happy to succesfully have my portrait and cyberface in the game..and I want to share it to everybody..so we can all be happy and enjoy our game, right?

again thanks man..good job!
no.mercy

Postby apfel on Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:54 am

I've made a translation of the tutorial in German.
Just for international Users like me. :lol:

Anleitung des Tutorials:

Zuerst einen Spieler mit dem Namen den du wünschst in Nba live erstellen und den Kader speichern!!!!!

1) Erstelle dein eigenes Gesicht(Bild) mit photoshop oder einem anderen Programm
2) Speicher das Gesicht als BMP-Datei.
3) Du brauchst 3 Programme:
EA graphics editor http://www.nba-live.com/download/pafile ... file&id=14
FSHx http://www.nba-live.com/download/pafile ... file&id=81
DBF editor http://www.nba-live.com/download/pafile ... =file&id=1
4) Öffne deinen NBA Live Ordner und öffne plyrface.viv mit dem EA graphics editor (du findest die Datei nach Standartinstallation unter: c:/programme/Ea sports/Nbalive200*/sgsm/players)
und exportiere einige Spieler fsh Dateien auf den Desktop. (die Spieler sollten dir nach Hautfarbe und Haaren wenn möglich ähneln)
5) Öffne einer der Fsh-Dateien mit dem FSHx Editor und importiere dein selbsterstelltest Cyberface. Abspeichern und beenden.
6) Öffne jetzt Eigene Dateien/nba live 200*/[Dein Kader] und players.DBF mit dem DBF editor und ändere ISCREATED: Player is created (TRUE/FALSE),ISGENERATE: Player was generated in Franchise Mode (TRUE/FALSE),ISHISTORIC: (TRUE/FALSE) and PLAYERPKG(wenn dein Name z.B. Mart Poom ist dann änder ihn in der richtigen Spalte in MARPOOM um, aber nur als Beispiel. Der Name muss 7Großbuchstaben beinhalten. Am besten du nimmst die 2 ersten Buchstaben deines Vornamens und die 5 ersten des Nachnamens. Falls ein Nachname kürzer als 5 Buchstaben sein sollte dann ersetze die fehlenden Buchstaben durch ein [_]. Natürlich ohne [, sondern nur der untere Strich : _ ) Abspeichern und Beenden.
Öffne jetzt APPEARANCE.DBF und suche dich dort mit deine PLAYERID die die in PLAYERS.DBF Angezeigt wird (Meistens stehst du ganz unten). Dann ändere den Wert in der Spalte FACEID zu -1.Abspeichern und beenden. (DBF-Editor benutzt Autospeichern)
7) Bennene dein Cyberface.fsh in deinen Namencode um (als Beispiel hatten wir MARPOOM bei Schritt 6) und verschiebe die Datei in deinen Nbalive-Ordner/sgsm (c:/Programmme/EA sports/nbalive200*/SGSM)
8) Starte das Spiel und lade deinen Kader.

Translation by apfel
apfel

Postby fumanchu on Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:10 pm

ive read this thread again coz im trying to add players to my roster...after following the steps, i got stuck in appearance.dbf.....here's the problem:

i cant find my created player through appearid value of the appearance.dbf
i found that the last entry (having a different number) has the same values as my created so i edited its appearid to match my created player and gave it a faceid or -1....

i edited the players.dbf as suggested in the tut and i still cant see the fsh in my game...

please help...
:twisted:
fumanchu
D' Energizer

Postby BestDunker on Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:05 pm

hey i go to fsx to open file like caanthor.fsh and it says

The file you are attempting to open is not a valid Electronic Arts SHP file. :-(
BestDunker

Postby BestDunker on Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:33 pm

Kbryant8 please help or somebody.
BestDunker

Previous

Return to NBA Live 06 Tutorials & FAQs