Editing Xditties Tutorial

Resources for NBA Live 08.

Editing Xditties Tutorial

Postby ChicagoBulls24 on Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:08 pm

Hey, here i'll show you little information about how to edit xditties.ast. I won't write a massive tutorial, because I have a lack of time...

READ ALL HINTS BEFORE STARTING
Only ask questions which make sense,I will not answer stupid questions :cool:

Tools you need...
Ditty Importer Imports and Converts WAV Files into ASF Files
NHL07 - ASF Exporter http://www.mediafire.com/download/g7caa24t2jalq0z/NHL2KDittyImporter.7z
NHL07AsfStudio The tool for packing and unpacking xditties.ast http://www.mediafire.com/download/oy5rop4looh5j40/NHL07_Ast_Pack_11.7z

Audacity - Tool for editing sound files (remember to change to 16-bit in program options)
xditties Documentary - Table about contents in xditties.ast (not up to date, due to a data crash i had)

Short info:

1.) Copy xditties.ast and xditties.abk to a desired working-directory (Basically put the ones you copied in a new folder)
2.) unpack the xditties.ast
3.) Start NHL07AsfStudio, choose a file and convert it (You will have to convert all the files anyway but start off with a few first)
4.) Link for them will be posted
5.) Use my Table to find out what is what
6.) Look at the duration and think about which music should be replaced by what
7.) After you found some mp3-files which you want to use for replacing use mp3gain and let them be adjusted to one level
8.) Start Audacity.
8.) Now open the mp3s with audacity, cut them and maybe add some echo (good options are 0,2 and 0,3 i think, if not try...
9.) After that export the files as a wav and rename to the same name which the music that has to be replaced as.
10.) Open up Ditty Importer, Import and convert the files selected to the directory from where you created the new directory
11.) After you've done that replace files in the unpacked directory with your's and click in the ASFStudio on Pack and choose directory where you replaced the files...

Done

Extra hints:
1.) For introduction music you should not exceed the duration of the original, because then music will continue playing after the game started.
2.) Make backups before replacing xditties.ast and xditties.abk

Have fun

(Y) :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: (Y)
Last edited by ChicagoBulls24 on Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:12 am, edited 5 times in total.
This topic was moved from NBA Live 08 by Andrew on Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:57 pm.
ChicagoBulls24

Re: Editing Xditties Tutorial

Postby Andrew on Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:57 pm

Awesome! I've gone ahead and added it to the Tutorials section for easy reference. :)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby ChicagoBulls24 on Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:48 am

Thank you very much, It me a whille to get this tutorial done due to school and other things but I finally finished it.
ChicagoBulls24

Postby mervie16 on Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:54 pm

Do you have any links for NHL07-asf exporter & NHL07AsfSTUDIO?
Francis Magalona
3 Stars and the Sun
mervie16

Return to NBA Live 08 Tutorials & FAQs