NBA Live 08 DBF Editing Guides

Resources for NBA Live 08.

Re: NBA Live 08 DBF Editing Guides

Postby Dc311 on Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:03 am

So just let it be? Alright.I was getting frustrated with it anyways.Thank you Mr.Andrew. :bowdown:
Dc311
"F@*K YOU WHALE!!!F@*K YOU DOLPHIN!!!"
Contributor

Postby nbojczuk on Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:54 am

Hi. Im having problems editing a stat in dynasty mode.

Im trying to change a stat for a rookie i just drafted (2nd yr dynasty) and work ethic. Ive changed the stat using db commander and there is no change. i researched and it said to go into edit player to re-save and recalculate his stats. this does not work. the stat is changed in the dbf but is not changed at all on the player. I then found that there is two entries for players on your team and changed the stat on the second entry as well. (first entry is grouped with my team and second is grouped with all the rookies in dbf) when ever i change anything on this second entry ALL TEAMS GO BACK TO THEIR ORIGINAL ROSTERS before i began the dynasty!! I am editing the player.dbf under the "save" folder in my documents, and not the one in program files. also was advised not to mess with any of the database player.dbf's and only the one in the save folder. the changes are confirmed for the first entry but show nowhere in game. they are not taking effect. am i doing something wrong or missing something??? ive tried this tons of times, reloading my backup and retrying again and again. even though the DBC is changing what i need, no changes are being made. and when i mess with the second entry to match the first one (which is what your supose to do) the game always somehow reverts back to the orig. rosters. NO DRAFT PICKS ON ANY TEAM. im really confused?? someone Please PLEASE advise. jsut need to change one stat and work ethic. nothing else. (ive also edited the dbf using excel, some said it would work. changes were confirmed and saved. game does not crash, but NO CHANGES WERE MADE INGAME.

thank you for any help.
nbojczuk

Postby ItsAllAbout18 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:01 pm

Hey Andrew, i have a request. Please excuse my English. Can you make a tutorial on how to create a court from NBA LIVE 08?

I am willinng to join and help NLSC team for :) patching for the latest updates in NBA . :)
ItsAllAbout18

Postby Andrew on Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:40 am

That has nothing to do with DBF Editing. For future reference, please don't post off-topic like that.

These tutorials for 06 still apply to 08:
JaoSming's Stadium & Court Tutorial
JaoSming's Backboards Tutorial
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Previous

Return to NBA Live 08 Tutorials & FAQs