How to do GTMS and other shots

Resources for NBA Live 08.

How to do GTMS and other shots

Postby WebberF1 on Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:32 am

This is for my roster but also applies to other shots and the default EA GTMS. The moves for some players will be different tho.

It's best for the other shots to test in practice all the different ones, but can only test GTMS in game.

Sigshots and GTM's how to do -

There is alot of new shots and things with this new version. This is what they are. NOTE - * means not in previous version or has been modified.

These are for every player.

FAKES
-pumpfake - tap shoot to do a head/pumpfake
-new* passfake- hold fowards/up and tap shoot to do a passfake :D

SHOTS
-jumpshot/sigshot - the basic jumpshot by pressing shoot, usually slightly different for every player
-sigsshotx2 - some players have 2 sigshots and it will randomly choose which one to use
-leaner - shot leaning foward by pressing fowards and shoot
-new* fadeaway - fadeaway only works between 10 and 18 feet by pressing backwards and shoot
-new* jumpleft - is like a fadeaway from 19-24 feet. You have to press backwards and THEN left and shoot in a specific rhythm and it will jump to the left. This shot is hard to do which is a good thing becaues you don't want to see this shot often.
-new* jumpright - is same as above but jumps to right and does small legkick. Press backwards and then right. It takes practice to get these ones right.
-new* fingerroll layup - a finger roll going to the hoop. To do just press shot while in the painted area but can't be too close to the hoop.
-new* inside1hand shot - is the shot that it does in the paint and post when you are too close to do a fingerroll - just press shoot
-inside1hleft and inside1hright- same as default, one handed shot while close to the hoop press left or right and shoot.
-close leaning jumpshot - near the hoop around 4 feet away press fowards and shoot to hang in air and shoot leaner
-reverse flip type shot - I can't remem if this is in default or not, I know it was in live 06. When you are under the hoop or doing a reverse it flips the ball reverse style to avoid the ball hitting hoop or backboard. This stops some of the retarded throwing ball under the hoop like in previous versions.
- freestyle scorer jumpshots- you need to be in the right spot and press the right direction, there is lots of these type of shots for different players

All up.. for a player like Kobe there must be 14 or so jumpshots total that he can do. For a player that has 1 sigshot and no GTMs probably 8 or so.

GTMS

Firstly, if there is a GTM you don't know how to do, you can check in roster file for the sigshot zone to make sure you are doing it in the correct spot. 15360 = paint or post and 8160 = midrange and 8170 = midrange and 3pt line. Secondly they can be hard to do even when you know exactly what you need to do. But they are all possible to do with practice.

-for leaner style GTM, press fowards and shoot and if you are in the correct zone
-for fadeaway type GTM, press backwards and shoot if you are in the correct zone
-for backtobasket GTM, post up your opponent then press backwards and shoot

Off the top of my head, KG, Brand, Shaq, Kobe, TMac, Nash, Al Jefferson, Al Harrington, and Boozer have backtobasket GTM's. This means you need to post up otherwise they won't work.

Calderon, Parker, Marion, Navarro and some others have leaner GTM's. 90% of these shots are in the paint. Manu and Jwill have new running layup GTM's. They aren't leaner shots but they are still triggered by pressing fowards and shoot. It takes practice to trigger these running GTM's in the right spots. Best spot for JWill and Manu is just inside the free throw line at the top of the key. Jwills is a fake behind back pass to layup. :D

All the other players that have GTMs will have fadeaway type GTMs. Some have hook shots but they are still triggered the same way as fadeaway. The players that have this GTM are Bynum, Okafor, Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, Darko Milicic, Drew Gooden, Richard Jefferson, Mike Miller, Andre Miller, Andre Igoudala, Al Thornton, Cuttino Mobley, Raymond Felton, Stro Swift, Jason Richardson, Jason Terry, Dirk Nowitski, Josh Howard, David West, Amare Stoudamire, Caron Butler, Dwight Howard, Corey Maggete, Shane Battier, Brandon Roy, Deron Williams, Chris Paul and there is probably more that I have forgot. :oops: If it's a bigman, it's a hook so do it in the post, if it's a guard it will probably be midrange or 3pt zone fadeaway.

NEW* GTMS x2

If you don't read this carefully, I won't read your comments carefully when you complain that you can't do the GTM's. :wink:

Some players now have 2 GTM's. This makes it harder to do the GTM that you want to do, but it IS possible with practice. Firstly, one GTM will be backtobasket post up GTM. The second will be fadeaway style GTM. The one exception is Tim Duncan who has a bank jumpshot as GTM, which is triggered by shoot instead of backwards and shoot.

The secret to doing these 2x GTMs.. is to do backtobasket GTM you need to be posted up and have the ball in LEFT hand. And to do the fadeaway style GTM you need to have ball in RIGHT hand. Sometimes fadeaway works with left hand though. Also, I could be wrong but it seems to help doing the post up turnaround shot, when you are on the left side of the floor. It also helps when you are actually leaning against the defender, instead of backing down with no defender there. Kobe and TMacs fadeaway shot works best after you do a headfake. It's really cool. :D

Players that have 2x GTMS-

Pau Gasol - backtobasket turnaround jumpshot and running hook shot (its a hook but still triggered like a fadeaway style GTM). It takes practice to find the right spot to trigger to running hook, try running across the paint from left side to right side just inside the free throw line. He takes 3 steps so you can't be too close to the hoop. Also you need to hold backwards while he is running otherwise it will abort the hook and do a normal jumpshot. I think this is the same with JWill and Manu's running shots.
Yao Ming - backtobasket turnaround fadeaway and hook shot.
Tmac - backtobasket turnaround fadeaway and faceup to jumpshot (fadeaway style GTM)
Kobe - backtobasket turnaround fadeaway and faceup to jumpshot (fadeaway style GTM)
Carmelo - backtobasket turnaround fadeaway and legkick fadeaway
Steve Nash - backtobasket turnaround fadeaway and hesitation dribble running fadeaway
Tim Duncan - backtobasket turnaround hook and standard bank jumpshot
Rudy Gay - backtobasket turnaround shot and fadeaway legkick shot

Remember, you can give anyones GTM or sigshot to anyone else. You only need a db editor and search for the number of one players GTM, and put that number into the other players GTM part. The GTM section is the last thing on the far right on the columns.
WebberF1

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:40 am

Nice work, thanks for the info. (Y)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby jackybrown on Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:51 am

nice info
thanks
jackybrown

Postby Sportsgamer on Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:04 am

I think Agent Zero is having 2 GTMs by default. the one is a step fadeaway the other is only the fadeaway
Sportsgamer

Postby imefimef on Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:02 pm

Thnx
THis mod makes 08 worth playing :D
They say "b!tc#" is the new black, well i say black is the new president b!tc#.
imefimef

Postby Andrew on Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:10 pm

Thanks for bumping the thread, I meant to sticky it before. Now stickied for convenience. (Y)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby T-Time3 on Sun May 04, 2008 4:52 pm

WebberF1 or anyone, how to do Jwill's fake behind back pass to layup??
do we have to install some patches or it's default from EA??
T-Time3
Always Showtime...

Postby Angelo on Mon May 05, 2008 7:58 pm

You need to have the animation files from webber like xanims and xsyms.viv and the aiact which has some animations.. :wink:
Angelo
Holy Tits
NLSC Team Member

Postby TheZ1123 on Tue May 06, 2008 12:54 pm

for kobe i can only find like 4 jumpshots...
TheZ1123

Postby GuCcI08 on Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:50 pm

wow i juz now found out about this thread :wall:. this really help me do gtm. all these time i dont do gtms cuz i dont kno how but i shud practice more. thanx fo tha tutorial.
GuCcI08

Postby Blacksmurf313 on Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:48 am

:lol: Thanks Web, I have been looking for something like this. Ima about to get your roster too. Great find.

From the Real Deal Holyfield of the Posting game; Hey there aint no lames in my lane, Cause Blacksmurf is the Name.
phpBB [video]
Blacksmurf313

Re: How to do GTMS and other shots

Postby abdel on Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:09 pm

direct download link?...
abdel

Postby Andrew on Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:43 am

There is no download link. This is a tutorial. Please stop spamming the NBA Live 08 section with that request.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby abdel on Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:15 pm

PAQ U.
abdel

Postby Andrew on Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:17 pm

Wrong answer.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Dc311 on Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:19 am

abdel wrote:PAQ U.

:?:

Is he trying to say what I think he is saying?
Dc311
"F@*K YOU WHALE!!!F@*K YOU DOLPHIN!!!"
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:17 am

Google said yes, so out he went.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Dc311 on Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:19 pm

LoL!!!
I had to google it to see for myself.I am going to start using that one to my friends from now on.What a dumb-ass he is.
Dc311
"F@*K YOU WHALE!!!F@*K YOU DOLPHIN!!!"
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:26 am

Yeah I wasn't entirely sure until I Googled it, though I had a sneaking suspicion.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 08 Tutorials & FAQs