How To Update Rosters for PS3?

Talk about NBA Live 10 here.

How To Update Rosters for PS3?

Postby ammizny on Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:46 pm

I recently purchased NBA Live 10 and am having some trouble updating the rosters. I am connected online but the Dynamic DNA feature does not actually update which teams the players are on.

Is it possible to update the rosters online through the PS network? If not, how can I update the rosters without doing the whole thing manually? I was under the impression that because NBA Elite 11 fell through, EA would offer current roster updates for NBA Live 10. That does not appear to be the case though.
ammizny

Re: How To Update Rosters for PS3?

Postby Andrew on Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:16 pm

Welcome to the Forum!

EA Sports offered the dynamic updates through the 2010/2011 season in the wake of NBA Elite 11's cancellation, which they did indeed provide. However, no more rosters are coming out and it appears as though the final update that was released actually contained the default rosters and no more updates will be forthcoming. At this point, your best bet is to get rosters that have been uploaded by another user; a lot of people release them over on Operation Sports and rudyjuly2 actually just uploaded an updated roster here that's available in our Downloads section.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby rudyjuly2 on Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:53 am

Just one point about the downloads section, you have to create your own roster file first and then just swap in the SYSINFO file which has the roster data. EA has locked down the roster files so we can't share them across different profiles. This workaround essentially lets you keep the roster file under your name but by swapping out only the SYSINFO file you get the updated data. The rosters aren't perfect but a good start for free agency. I forgot Big Z on Miami has retired so I have to drop him yet from their roster and edit his ratings down.
rudyjuly2

Postby ammizny on Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:09 pm

Thank you for the quick response. I was hoping to at least have the rosters updated as of the end of last year, but it looks like I'm stuck with the default rosters.

I notice you have a downloads section where you can import rosters that users on this board have created. Could you detail to me how exactly to do this? Thanks.
ammizny

Postby rudyjuly2 on Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:44 pm

ammizny wrote:Thank you for the quick response. I was hoping to at least have the rosters updated as of the end of last year, but it looks like I'm stuck with the default rosters.

I notice you have a downloads section where you can import rosters that users on this board have created. Could you detail to me how exactly to do this? Thanks.

You have to create your own roster file from NBA Live's game menu. Then quit the game and go to your PS3 Save file location and save the roster file to a USB stick. Plug the stick into your PC and you can see that it will be under PS3/SAVEDATA/BLU......./some other file names. In the last sub directory there will be a file called SYSINFO. That file is what has all the roster info in it. Take the downloaded file (need to unzip it first) and copy the SYSINFO from there and paste it over top of your SYSINFO file. This way the file is still primarily yours and linked to your profile but has the updated roster info. Then take this new file (all of it, the PS3/SAVEDATA/ETC.) and recopy it back on to your PS3 from your USB stick.
rudyjuly2

Postby jonapaloma on Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:26 pm

This method works nowadays too? You cant get banned or anything from PSN?
jonapaloma

Postby Andrew on Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:06 pm

I shouldn't think so.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JKD32332 on Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:44 am

Does this roster update include the content DLCs? The shoe pack and the All-Star jerseys content?
JKD32332

Postby Andrew on Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:13 pm

They were generally separate files.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 10