Nba Live 10 Dynasty Mode Salary Cap and Releasing Players

Talk about NBA Live 10 here.

Nba Live 10 Dynasty Mode Salary Cap and Releasing Players

Postby perfectly_circle01 on Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:40 am

Hey guys, I'm recently back to PS3 after taking a long break from console gaming. I did a fantasy draft Dynasty Team with the Milwaukee Bucks, and have been cruising along in the season. I'm not totally sure how players contracts work once they're released. I drafted Ben Gordon as a second SG, not realizing his salary. I also have a 3rd Center that I never play. I'd like to cut them, as I'm well over the salary cap, and they don't really play at all anyhow. If I release him, does that count against my cap for the upcoming season? Will the "penalty" go away when someone else picks him up off of waivers?

I apologize if this is a duplicate post. I'd imagine it was discussed long ago, but I didn't see anything on the boards. Thanks in advance.
perfectly_circle01

Re: Nba Live 10 Dynasty Mode Salary Cap and Releasing Player

Postby Andrew on Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:45 am

All contracts in NBA Live 10 are guaranteed (most of them are real life too, non-guaranteed contracts and certain contract exceptions are not represented in the game), so when you release a player their salary continues to count against your cap until it expires or another team signs them. The only way to clear cap space is to trade players to a team that has cap space (so you can take on a smaller contract in return) or trade for players with expiring contracts so that your payroll is reduced at the end of the season.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 10